Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Storm Warning 2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 583
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/31 13:40:59 (permalink)

In trouble again...

Apparently the moderator took my post off that was getting after Team Daiwa in the fishing reports section again.

Anybody ever fish with that guy?  Still trying to figure out how you get 6 limits of 'eyes this time of year off Erie in 4 hrs.  Then go "cast for bass" for the rest of the evening.  I haven't seen too many boats that you can fish 6 guys out of for walleyes and then turn around and CAST out of it for smallies.  

Am I the only one other than the charter captains that are calling B.S. on this????? 

76 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/05/31 13:52:37 (permalink)
    If the guy was for real, he'd list his email addy.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/05/31 14:48:29 (permalink)
    I heard they limited out on mako sharks in the 2nd trench after hammering the burbot in the 1st trench.
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/05/31 15:04:29 (permalink)
    he only does it for this reaction....i cant believe after all this time we are still gettin this worked up over those dumb posts...disregaurd the information and stop talking about it and it will go away....this has been going on for years!

I personally dont know who he is...i dont really care...I dont know why anyone else does either...limits of walleyes in may is kind of hard to believe, but it might be possible if you know a honey hole or something, i dont know...

I have spent many years on this lake and caught alot of walleye (really all i fish for) and usually mid june you start seeing a good number of fish and limits....just ignore the BS...and if its not BS then good for him...

post edited by Carpet Bagger - 2007/05/31 15:08:55

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/05/31 15:08:16 (permalink)
    BS, no doubt, but as long as he is not giving radio reports of 1-3s when there are 3-5s out there ( putting others at risk ), I don't really care. His reports give you something to joke about while on the lake. Yesterday I ignored all reports, and went out with my own plan ( actually a lack of one ). We were rewarded with some quality Eyes in the morning and evening, and a few Bass in between. It's fine to use a combination of several reports to get a feel for the action in a general area. But if you RELY on ANY report to plan your fishing, you'll be disappointed more often than not.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/05/31 16:45:12 (permalink)
    You went out and DIDN'T invite me?????
    Toad
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 108
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/01 12:13:08 (permalink)
    Trouble maker.  They must have a 42' boat and lots of poles.  Probably 10 underwater cameras as well to find all of those fish.
    the NOID
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 20
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/01 13:09:56 (permalink)
    in defence of team diawa and others who post good success.

team diawa i want too thnk you for your info and we deciferred where you were from your post. we went out and limited on eyes for 3 people in a few hours. the fish are there.
    these guys that bash you are jealous.
    they probly live hours from erie and think they have a clue on how to fish it. YOU CANT KNOW ERIE FISHING IT TWICE A MONTH FOR THE SUMMER. anyway all you jealous guys need to find SMALLER water. then you might actually catch something.
    as far as not putting your email address, thats smart. i put mine on a report once and recieved mail from 50 different guys wanting info as well as spam and junk mail.

Storm Warning 2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 583
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/01 14:09:47 (permalink)
    There is no doubt that there are walleyes to be caught off Erie right now.  We have caught fish in May, just not limits in a couple hours.  My crew fishes Erie from mid May through sometimes late November (steelies) 2 to 3 times per week.  I don't think it is from a lack of fishing it.  I think boating 500+ 'eyes last year speaks for itself.  6 limits of eyes in a couple hours this time of year is difficult, to say the least, unless you are fishing Port Clinton or Vermillion.  I am not jealous at all.  I just know that people who do it to make a living and have chartered for years probably know most of those spots and fish them.  Haven't seen any reports from them touting 'eyes in any numbers at all.  You have to admit, it is hard to find a boat that you can fish 6 guys out of for walleyes and then go cast with 6 guys, drifting I'll buy, not casting.  
    sstaz69
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/02 02:27:40 (permalink)
    I think you hit the nail on the head there noid. This board is to help other anglers find the fish, not just brag. Most of the time TD brags and will not give a clue to where he is fishing other than the "BIG POND". You said you figuered out where he was saying??? NE ditch?Well tell tell us then, or are you going to be like him and just say "yup I found them"  I am no expert angler to any respect, but I have always tried to help other anglers out on finding the fish to the best of my ability if I had a good day. If TD is true in his reports than he should step up and answer some of the calls that have been given him in the last couple of years. If he did he would be a well respected part of the fishing community. Problem is he hasent and probably never will. So liar or not he is not respected because of that. Oh ya, it is a big lake and you do need to explore to find fish, but who has the money for the gas to explore this big lake all the time? Thats another reason we should all help each other.
    bfcuzin
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 142
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/02 09:31:29 (permalink)
    Silver Kype that is the dummest thing I ever herd - If your life is so bad do sumthing abowt it. Looze sum wate or find a new job. Just stop cumplaning!   BFC
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/02 10:17:43 (permalink)
    I recall one time a guy emailing me and never getting spam.

Maybe if team d could teach me the ways, I could be awesome like him.   Maybe I could hold back all details and only THEN, I'd get a ton of spammers and questions.  :D

bfcuz --

I usually, infact, NEVER bring up spelling BUT .. when someone is cracking on another for being dumm -- I guess I can't resist .. or so I've herd.

I am like 350 pounds over wate -- thanks for the advice.

2cents
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/02 10:36:30 (permalink)
    team diwa has ben doing this for years! NO ONE has ever seen them on the water, THEY DONT HAVE A E-MAIL ADDRESS like everyone else does. and ALL they do is bragg about them catching all these fish when they are really just playing there play station GAME.  team diwa has been CHALLENGED by MAAANNNY captians  to put there money where there mouth is. an they have NEVER accepted a challenge YET! they dont exist!!  the only pond they fish is there gold fish pond in there back yard. if there a single soul out there that realies on there post... i have much pitty for u just plan an simple. if everyone could be like diwa trolling wit 35 ft nets behind the boat then there would be no fish left. but for now we can just sit back an watch them make a fool of them selves
    the NOID
    New Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/02 13:40:24 (permalink)
    if anyone thinks team d is a fake just pm him on this board. i pmed him with a few questions and he got back to me. it took a few days  since he doesnt log on very often.
    thanks for the answers and ill let you know how it works out.
    the NOID
    New Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/02 13:49:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: sstaz69

I think you hit the nail on the head there noid. This board is to help other anglers find the fish, not just brag. Most of the time TD brags and will not give a clue to where he is fishing other than the "BIG POND". You said you figuered out where he was saying??? NE ditch?Well tell tell us then, or are you going to be like him and just say "yup I found them"  I am no expert angler to any respect, but I have always tried to help other anglers out on finding the fish to the best of my ability if I had a good day. If TD is true in his reports than he should step up and answer some of the calls that have been given him in the last couple of years. If he did he would be a well respected part of the fishing community. Problem is he hasent and probably never will. So liar or not he is not respected because of that. Oh ya, it is a big lake and you do need to explore to find fish, but who has the money for the gas to explore this big lake all the time? Thats another reason we should all help each other.

very few guys post reports on this site because they have sween the crowds it causes.id say less than 1% of fisherman post reports. a couple times this year ive fished with 20-30 guys in erie on thos4e great days when everyone is catching fish in numbers.i always would think to myself, i hope noone mentions this on the internet. i would check the reports and never saw it mentioned. the guys that catch fish dont give reports about it, they want to do it again.the guys that come to erie for a day or two post reports because it doesnt affect them, they are 3 hours away and cant do it again.
    so always remember the guys who catch fish arent posting about it and if they do, they are'nt giving specific locations.
    2cents
    New Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/02 16:45:28 (permalink)
    haha looks like diwa paid a friend to back him up, or he got a new screen name  because they suuuuureee seem to b talkn the same. im gona go hook up my nets to my boat now an go "fishing"
    bluntman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 684
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/02 17:18:41 (permalink)
    I do know for fact there are some 30-40 fish coolers coming in from Conneaut, and you will never hear about it here, and almost everyone has been taken in 27 FOW 3 miles west of the harbor, so it is possible TD is taking limits, Im not defending anyone, just an opinion, Storm Warning, I happen to own a boat that will fish 6 guys , trolling, drifting , casting, or drinking ,so they do exist
    sstaz69
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 01:38:14 (permalink)

Like I said, he is the only one bragging. If you dont want people to know where and how you are catching fish then dont post. Your last post was not bad other then the smart remark. You said approximatly where you were fishing and what you used that is what helps people.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 09:40:33 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bfcuzin

Silver Kype that is the dummest thing I ever herd - If your life is so bad do sumthing abowt it. Looze sum wate or find a new job. Just stop cumplaning!   BFC

My signature is a quote from a movie.

pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 11:31:17 (permalink)
    Office Space (1999)
    Peter Gibbons:
     So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Dr. Swanson:
    What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah. Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.
    post edited by pghmarty - 2007/06/03 11:32:17
    the ski
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 12:42:13 (permalink)
    If I had to choose who to believe, between 2cents and TD, it would be TD without doubt.
    I fished Erie for over 30 years and in that time I've met plenty of guys who catch fish when others don't. They just have "it".

BTW: we limited out twice this year on eyes, launching from PA. if we can do it, anyone can. so, it is possible. 
    the ski
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 12:47:13 (permalink)
    oh, I forgot to add, Our boat is 26ft and I have had 6-8 people on board and we all drift fished. It is possible.
    Stormwarning, that 16 ft'er of yours is made for inland water, not the Greatlakes.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 14:07:30 (permalink)
    It all wouldn't fit marty

2cents
    New Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 14:14:55 (permalink)
    thats funny lol, im by nooo mean a expert angyler, but  ppl do c me out there an i do get back to e-mails an i do show pics, diwa umm no, an a nother thing y do they call them selves a TEAM, where is the rest of them???  on  a different note....  fishing in erie has an will be going down hill for the next years.  i go to to school for marine biology, an  since the 1990's the fish population has ben DECREesing  by 15% each year!!!!. however i do admit we get a few seasons wit exceptional fishing, but it is a fact the  we are STILL over fishing the lake. wit the help from ohio reducing the perch limit we are trying to balance out the population, for our children children's to expericence great fishing. im NOT telling anyone out there to stop fishing or not to keep any fish, because i keep my fish as well.  u buy ur $40 sum license an u expect to catch an keep fish, yes i know al labout that. but my  hole point is, i know sum people go out an get there limit an do it all over again an keep stocking up there freezers. that is the major promblem. catch what u can eat.  i save my fish but  i dont try to fill my freezers.  this year will be a good year,  there are many many waleyes an perch that are real lumkers!  we have seen sooo much more food resources in the lake over the last few years sky rocket! soo we might not c the limits all the time but the fish we do catch this year will be of nice size. i an no bragger at all fokes, i would like to meat diwa im always by the lake, or on it.  i love my job, just asking if each one of us can though back that 16' this year just one thats all. thanks for all u who take this just a tad seriously or at least make u think..
    2cents
    New Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 15:11:15 (permalink)
    i for got to add we got an estimated 37000 fish population as of the 2007 season, we are currently TRYing to stop ALL commercial fishing in eire but.. we got a lot of work to do. in canada the salmon is most commely fish for, i just dont get it, our salmon is good, but they got soo much contaniments in them.. go to the store an buy the real stuff, pacific salmon, musch much better
    kayak99
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 526
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 15:47:32 (permalink)
    Storm Warning, you're right on the money.  This team wawa and his "supporters" are all full of crap.  Maybe one day people will realize honest reports do more to promote fishing than BS posts. 

P.S. if you compare writing sytles you might find some of these people aere so insecure the same person posts using more than one identity.  I guess that is their team. Total insecurity.
    2cents
    New Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 16:12:22 (permalink)
    i still dont understand y diawa call's him self a TEAM. where is the rest of them at?? an if he is that good  y does't he charter, or go in the contest?  nother thing, they sure dont say much on the raido? i guess the TEAM like to keep hidden lmao

kayak99
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 526
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 17:37:13 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: 2cents

i still dont understand y diawa call's him self a TEAM. where is the rest of them at??

Maybe he's really really fat and he refers to parts of his body as his TEAM (or maybe his posse) ! 
    2cents
    New Angler
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 17:56:31 (permalink)
    soo that explains it all!! no i get it  this is no boy we are talkn about this is a MAN a big big man, an soo no i c why he has to have a 50fter  an have 22 ppl on it at a time casting  umm... nope still never say them.  i saw a barge this morning maby it was them, if it was i bet they limitted out, darn 
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: In trouble again... 2007/06/03 21:38:03 (permalink)
     let it go....if hes gettin fish good for him...

On a side note walleye fishing was decent over the weekend...Got the 1st few of many fish outa PA for 2007

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: