The Season So Far...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
krott243
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 954
  • Reward points: 0
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/11 02:00:07 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Can't believe this guy actually thinks he can stalk a mature whitetail buck.. He has a much better chance playing the lottery..

I believe it...

I have harvest bucks and does by stalking in archery season... and on some of the forums I visit guys have already harvested some GREAT bucks by stalking on the ground... maybe you should try it...

One great advantage ... where you tree standers are seeing "just out of range"
a stalker could try to get closer and may be he will be successful while you sit and watch and hope for another day...

Another NICE advantage about hunting from the ground.. It's easier to see those "magical branches" that I am reading about on message boards... that cause the arrow to miss or the " bad hit" that caused the deer to be lost.....

There sure is alot of reporting about lost deer this year ?????????

Once you stalk that mature buck and spook him, dont expect to see him for ahwile.  I would rather sit in a tree and see a big boy out of range and go undetected and hope for next time he will be in range than stalk one and bump him for good.

The Lord has blessed us all today... It's just that he has been particularly good to me.
pin_drifter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 253
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/11 03:53:36 (permalink)
Well you boys have at it. I am tagged out I went out Friday morning 10/10/08 at 6 am foggy as heck, sat their in stand with some d buck urine out 10 mins after daylight 2 doe and 3 fawn walk in 15 yards, feed around for about 20 mins and leave. About 1/2 hr goes bye 7 more deer all Bald come down to right to me. Some nice does with littles ones. 20 mins later here he comes a true 13pt walks right in 15 yards bro-wed side hit my heated scent can i drew aimed was comfortable squeezed the trigger on my release arrow flew true and he juked and i hit the sapling right above the lungs would be....deer scattered everywhere i was like what the hell. I was sitting their pondering what went wrong looking at my shaft sticking in the tree...so i knocked another arrow grabbed the grunt tube hitting it 3 times nothing hit the bleat can here comes Mr buck not the 13 point but a 8 point he locked up at 34 yards he turned to go up the ridge i drew aimed hit the last rib back exited out right underneath the armpit excellent shot the spitfire 100 did the job again have never failed me yet 9 buck in a row. I thank god for what he has created and took time to admire the animal that he let me harvest. Remember guys take a second and respect such a beautiful animal remember you took it's life.....least cherish and always respect the life you have taken. I wish all you guys a happy and safe hunt hope your successful as well in the harvest of a great creature........Hey Krott I'll be hitting the heads hard now my friend.
post edited by pin_drifter - 2008/10/11 03:55:12

Quit ****ing and take a kid fishing !!
DanesDad
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3087
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/11 07:35:42 (permalink)
Looks like a beautiful morning to be out today.  I worked all night (12 hours), so I dont have time.  Bet a few get taken today!
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/11 12:13:50 (permalink)
I killed a big doe at first light this morning. Shot her at 20yds broadside. She barely made it 30yds. I tried the G5 tekan this year, and couldn't be more impressed with the size of the entrance/exit hole.

Saw a very good 10 and a 7pt last night. At this point, i've seen the 10 pt in a few spots. I can't seem to figure out any kind of pattern with him.
krott243
Expert Angler
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/11 15:23:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pin_drifter

Well you boys have at it. I am tagged out I went out Friday morning 10/10/08 at 6 am foggy as heck, sat their in stand with some d buck urine out 10 mins after daylight 2 doe and 3 fawn walk in 15 yards, feed around for about 20 mins and leave. About 1/2 hr goes bye 7 more deer all Bald come down to right to me. Some nice does with littles ones. 20 mins later here he comes a true 13pt walks right in 15 yards bro-wed side hit my heated scent can i drew aimed was comfortable squeezed the trigger on my release arrow flew true and he juked and i hit the sapling right above the lungs would be....deer scattered everywhere i was like what the hell. I was sitting their pondering what went wrong looking at my shaft sticking in the tree...so i knocked another arrow grabbed the grunt tube hitting it 3 times nothing hit the bleat can here comes Mr buck not the 13 point but a 8 point he locked up at 34 yards he turned to go up the ridge i drew aimed hit the last rib back exited out right underneath the armpit excellent shot the spitfire 100 did the job again have never failed me yet 9 buck in a row. I thank god for what he has created and took time to admire the animal that he let me harvest. Remember guys take a second and respect such a beautiful animal remember you took it's life.....least cherish and always respect the life you have taken. I wish all you guys a happy and safe hunt hope your successful as well in the harvest of a great creature........Hey Krott I'll be hitting the heads hard now my friend.

Congrat mans, take any pics.

The Lord has blessed us all today... It's just that he has been particularly good to me.
pin_drifter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 253
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/11 19:48:40 (permalink)
hey but did you ever notice that i never post any pics of deer,turkey,or fish reason is because i don't know how. I have pics though on my digital camera. Krott hows the fishing going up not this Monday but next mondy the 20th.

Quit ****ing and take a kid fishing !!
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/12 07:21:32 (permalink)
Finally saw a couple small buck last night. They really came out late with the nice weather...
Almost got down at 530 when the black cat came out of the corn and circled my tree at 40yrds.lol

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/12 07:44:51 (permalink)

hey but did you ever notice that i never post any pics of deer,turkey,or fish reason is because i don't know how. I have pics though on my digital camera. Krott hows the fishing going up not this Monday but next mondy the 20th.

I bet just about anyone on here would be willing to post a pic for you.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/13 08:09:31 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: thedrake

I can't seem to figure out any kind of pattern with him.

..and that's why he is big. 

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
krott243
Expert Angler
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/13 08:44:03 (permalink)

Dont know, theres seriously no water in the creeks.  Walnut it like a trickle, elk is better but regardless, very low and very clear.  Hope for some rain sometime soon.

countryfisher
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 168
RE: The Season So Far... 2008/10/14 22:55:49 (permalink)
welp, pulled a nice one today... driving to the farm at 430 this morning i absolutely cranked a doe with my truck, didnt do a whole lot of damage but she was destroyed.  i smelled guts before i stopped the truck - not pretty, never hit one before with a vehicle... but if that wasnt good enough i had a sapling jump in front of my arrow at 730 in the morning causing me to cleanly miss a 20yd shot at a nice doe, all in all a pretty solid day
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: