Erie Terminology

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
MackJ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 522
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 10:37:27 (permalink)
Right, and many of those landowners that choose to allow fishing, do so to the "general public," not just to you and all the others who want to keep people from knowing about the generous invitation of these landowners for the public to use their land to access the creeks.  I could have more respect for your position if you would just admit that you like the rule because it will result in concentrating fishing pressure in only the best known areas instead of spreading it out and creating a risk that you might have to share the stream with other anglers.
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 384
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 10:47:41 (permalink)
FISH ON ---------
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 10:48:05 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: PAFISHERMAN1981

FISH ON ---------
LOL
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 11:02:00 (permalink)
And when the general public decides to post their land because it's overrun, who's to blame?   The landowner?   Or all the tards that get spoodfed and have no respect for landowners?  You think LO like having their property full of people?  Why do you give me your address .  I'll come down with a party and we'll have some fun on  land.

The work is there for those who want to do it and the stream mouths are there for those you don't want to, or  andor be  spoonfed, or wonder if the trip will be "worth it."

The risk isn't sharing with someone stream side.   There are a few selfish folks, but not many.  I have nothing to admit.  I have no respect for your position because you fail to understand everything and anything people are telling you.   You just want it your way.  This isn't burger king.  Grow up.

The new policy is excellent and long overdue.  Now go .

post edited by SilverKype - 2008/10/01 11:04:28

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 11:04:36 (permalink)
Agredd Silver... but you aren't going to get anywhere with him. He stands alone and still can't see the error in his thinking. No one even knows if he's real.

We've all gone through this with him time after time after time and he still doensn't get it.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 11:06:40 (permalink)
I've gone through with it with him too.  I just feel like it again.  I too, believe, he is not legit.  Sorta reminds me of someone from far away. 

MackJ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 522
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 11:26:44 (permalink)
The funny thing is that you continue to argue with someone you think is unreal.  You think I stand alone, but the truth is I represent a silent segment of anglers who find the selfish attitudes of the rest of you shameful.  I have no trouble finding places to fish-- public land and private land open to the public.  Not just in Erie, but on many streams around the Commonwealth.  I walk like the rest of you and explore new areas.  If I find a new area, I often share it freely with others.  I can say with absolute certainty and clear conscience (you all ought to try such honesty) that I have never posted a location on this Board, nor have I ever fished a spot because I heard about it on this Board.  I have never given misinformation to divert anglers away from enjoying the Erie streams, nor any of my "home" waters.  I don't try to control what other anglers try to share on a message board, but I do try to keep others from doing so under what seems to me to be completely false justifications.  Obviously FishUSA has made an adverse decision.  You have "won."  Those who have lost, however, are anglers new to the Erie experience or those who might have become interested, but will not.  I'm sure that doesn't bother you at all, though, as it is as clear as the streams were yesterday afternoon that the less people who can enjoy the fishery at Erie the happier you will be. 
post edited by MackJ - 2008/10/01 11:31:17
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 11:40:53 (permalink)
What!!! Now it isn't possible for new anglers to find out about fishing in Erie and less people can enjoy their time fishing in Erie because this message board doesn't allow spot burning on Private land....

You and your little so called "silent segment" of anglers need to get over yourselves.
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 11:54:30 (permalink)
Can everyone just drop it! "It is what it is I guess" take it or leave it.... I am new to the forums and only been going to erie for like 8 years. So I will find my fish(like I always do)and be happy to get out to enjoy the beautiful day god has created and blessed all of us with. Even if I dont catch a fish! Its good to be out in the great outdoors....
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 11:59:00 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MackJ

Those who have lost, however, are anglers new to the Erie experience or those who might have become interested, but will not. 

You blaming the 'no spoonfeeding policy' on someone not being interested in fishing Erie is without a doubt, one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen on this board.  It shows your ill-logical thought process quite clearly.  I find your little segiment of silent partners to be disrespectful of LO property (God, I've seen that before), because you want to be spoonfed everything.   Hope you folks don't adopt this policy thourghout your entire lives.  If you do, you aren't going to make it far.

steelydaze
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 376
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 12:12:06 (permalink)
Figured Fisherman- Any angler who asks another angler what theyre biting on and then replies "Yeah, I figured thats what theyed be biting on."

She had bad body odor but boy could she sure skin a salmon!
"Trust but verify" R.R.
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 12:25:07 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: PAFISHERMAN1981

Can everyone just drop it! "It is what it is I guess" take it or leave it.... I am new to the forums

If you'd like to be taken a little more seriously, dont laugh at your own half-formed joke in the next post.  Not saying you dont have a point, but you cant really bust someone's balls for off-topic posting when you're spamming the thread with all caps nonsense over multiple posts.

Figured Fisherman- Any angler who asks another angler what theyre biting on and then replies "Yeah, I figured thats what theyed be biting on."

I usually run into the opposite of this guy, the Denial Fisherman.  I've been sitting at a spot for an hour or so, with moderate to good success on spinners or cranks, and I get a bait fisherman walking by who asks what I'm using.  When I show him a box of artificials, he lets me in on a secret, "Ah, they get so much thrown at them here that you won't do any good without some live bait.  They wont hit anything they cant taste."

I've tried enlightening them by saying how many I've caught, but it usually does no good.  With one guy last year, I even caught a trout right in front of him and he still refused to believe that I'd catch any more of them with artificals.  You just cant win with some people. I think we even have a few on this site!
Jokerball101
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 388
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 12:34:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: steelydaze

I always use the age old saying....the end of my line
chrisrowboat
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 688
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 12:38:27 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MackJ

The funny thing is that you continue to argue with someone you think is unreal.  You think I stand alone, but the truth is I represent a silent segment of anglers who find the selfish attitudes of the rest of you shameful.  I have no trouble finding places to fish-- public land and private land open to the public.  Not just in Erie, but on many streams around the Commonwealth.  I walk like the rest of you and explore new areas.  If I find a new area, I often share it freely with others.  I can say with absolute certainty and clear conscience (you all ought to try such honesty) that I have never posted a location on this Board, nor have I ever fished a spot because I heard about it on this Board.  I have never given misinformation to divert anglers away from enjoying the Erie streams, nor any of my "home" waters.  I don't try to control what other anglers try to share on a message board, but I do try to keep others from doing so under what seems to me to be completely false justifications.  Obviously FishUSA has made an adverse decision.  You have "won."  Those who have lost, however, are anglers new to the Erie experience or those who might have become interested, but will not.  I'm sure that doesn't bother you at all, though, as it is as clear as the streams were yesterday afternoon that the less people who can enjoy the fishery at Erie the happier you will be. 

MackJ
What is your e-mail so the masses can contact you about your fishing reports?
Chris
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 13:08:18 (permalink)
"Hook and Release" or H&R for short. The act of hooking a fish, reeling it to the boat or shore only to have it throw the hook before you can net it.

Coined this one this spring when my brother-in-law lost his fifth walley on the way to the boat.
fishmonger
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 435
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 14:20:41 (permalink)
Fish Off!

Fishmonger
Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 14:51:22 (permalink)
2 degrees of a TROLL ......

1st Degree <>< TROLL-ing when you cannot admit being incorrect to factual information or strive to receive attention. (PRE-TROLL)

2nd Degree <>< To be trolling may only be surpassed by a TROLL-er whom refute the phrase "if you have nothing good to say don't say it at all".(POST-TROLL) 

Both of which inevitably lead to POST TROLL DEPRESSION or "PTD" caused by common information sharers ignoring your posts because no one may reason with you. All listed above are treatable conditions. All you need to do is try to take a fish off a russians stringer and you shall be cured.
FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1131
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 15:05:06 (permalink)
Wooosh.  lol.

(see Fish On)
moooooo4me
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 339
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 15:31:21 (permalink)
ok i dont agree i love fishing the fast water at the chutes and ive foul hooked no more then 3 or 4 fish in the past 5 years and fair caught plently  does this make a me a butt monkey
clinchknot
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 16:05:40 (permalink)
"Hands Free Release" Very similar to bulldog1's H&R. You reel the fish in , and just as you're reaching down to tail it and get the hook out of it's mouth, it gets off and swims away unharmed. My prefered method of release.

I don't give a crap if anybody listens to me or not.
Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 16:10:21 (permalink)
Hear that mooo ,
                   I guess I'm a sucka spawn crazy butt monkey ? I love pull'n chrome out of dem chutes ? Especially in chocolate .... butt monkeys prefer coco water you know !
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 16:27:30 (permalink)
Wack 'em and stack 'em
(self explanatory)

Golden trout = those golden , large scaled, "trout" with downward pointing lips that appear by the millions in Spring

Hoovers  = another name for the ubiquitous Spring time  "golden trout" run

1/2 slicer = refers to the 1/2 slice of bread needed to make a sam'ich out of a legal sized smolt that get "wacked and stacked"  every spring

Rippin' lips = what happens to 80% of  the smolts when you don't pinch your barbs down in Spring

Unhappy Camper  = refers to a gracious land owner who had his little piece of creek  OVER RUN when some well meaning, but lacking foresight Good Guy  posted it was open to public again

Take note, MackJ.
You can call it selfish, greed or what ever you choose.
fact is, it happens, and that DID happen.

Further, these creeks are small, shallow, short and run clear more often than not.
The fish are big, PLENTIFUL and easy to see most of the time.
If a guy (even a rookie) is too lazy, too timid or too concerned it won't be "worth it"  to go look/try in other places, guess that's their choice.
They'll have to be content with the 99.9% of EVERYTHING  else that is shared here

..L.T.A.
post edited by genieman77 - 2008/10/01 16:31:26
FlashDance
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 968
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 17:13:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: moooooo4me

ok i dont agree i love fishing the fast water at the chutes and ive foul hooked no more then 3 or 4 fish in the past 5 years and fair caught plently  does this make a me a butt monkey

No, you have to foul hook 3 or 4 in an hour to be a ButtMonkey. Not in 5 years
We can label you "In-Training" if you wish.
FlashDance
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 968
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 17:17:17 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dream Catcher

Hear that mooo ,
                  I guess I'm a sucka spawn crazy butt monkey ? I love pull'n chrome out of dem chutes ? Especially in chocolate .... butt monkeys prefer coco water you know !

Lol. That's funny right there.
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 17:20:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: FlashDance

ORIGINAL: moooooo4me

No, you have to foul hook 3 or 4 in an hour to be a ButtMonkey. Not in 5 years
We can label you "In-Training" if you wish.

Absolutely not.  Matter of fact, you are correct. The shootz is the greatest steelhead fishing destination in the WORLD. You should spread the word and try to get as many Erie fisherman packed in there as you can.  There is no fast pocket water to fish anywhere else in all of the great lakes.  Everyone go to the shootz.
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 17:23:42 (permalink)
Trout, I sent you a PM.....I may be up at the camp in Erie this weekend.  Give me a call so that we can make arrangements.  Thanks.

Paul

Kokanee Killer
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1015
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 18:54:10 (permalink)
yeah sure,,,, shootz thats right.

I have become comfortably numb
tippy-toe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4334
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 19:02:02 (permalink)
Cookie Jared - when you are fighting a fish and an impatient "fisherman" decides he can fit a cast in and gets caught with his hand in the "cookie jar" and tangles with you and its over..

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
mook14
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 301
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 23:27:33 (permalink)
"Long distance release".....happens to me way to often
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
RE: Erie Terminology 2008/10/01 23:28:58 (permalink)
I have a similar one Mook

I call it my "no touch" reliese

..L.T.A.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to: