Da 'Nut on a Saturday

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/29 16:55:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Skip16503

ORIGINAL: cooljauman

ORIGINAL: Jokerball101

ORIGINAL: TransAmWS6

lol.......that one guy is huge

Ishmael Off the port bow...the white whale has surfaced!

that poor guy..

i hope he isn't a member on here!

He is  Its Me       

Can I barow Ur gIrl friNd duD? LeT mE kNow
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 384
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/29 17:05:55 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pxatim

ORIGINAL: Jokerball101

ORIGINAL: TransAmWS6

lol.......that one guy is huge

Ishmael Off the port bow...the white whale has surfaced!

that poor guy..

i hope he isn't a member on here!

He is  Its Me       

Can I barow Ur gIrl friNd duD? LeT mE kNow

Then can i have sloppy seconds!
cooljauman
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1633
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/29 17:08:15 (permalink)

im not gonna lie,

thats gross...

If the world needed and enema, they'd put the tube in Philadelphia. Go Pens!

Evgeni Malkin: I'M SCORE

S.D.S.G.F.C.
mikeg
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2533
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/29 17:58:28 (permalink)
Excuse me, Gentlemen (If I can even refer to some of you as that)!!

That guy in the blue shirt that SOME of you are embarasing and calling names is somebody I consider a close freind. He is not a memeber on Fishere.com, but reads the boards almost everyday!

Considering some of you are interested in getting to know him...(being that you pointed him out) I will tell you a few things about him!

For starters....he spends EVERY spare minute of his time taking kids fishing and hunting that would never be able to do so otherwise. (Look closely at the kids with him)!

Second...his poor health and medications that he has to take on a daily basis caused him to gain a ton of weight over the years.

But he still finds the energy and time to take about 50-75 kids a year fishing for steelhead, gills, bass, you name it!
He also donates a lot of his own money to youth organizations that are geared toward teaching kids about the outdoors!

So next time you guys decide to make fun of somebody on a public forum, you may want to take in consideration that you could be talking about somebody's very close friend.

I'm not even going to delete those post just to be able to show the true colors of some of you.
So if you see a really big guy along the creeks ask him if his friends call him "Country" and say hello.....

I can promise you this much....his heart is bigger than his belly!!!

flyfishermanPA
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1495
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/29 18:13:38 (permalink)
Mike, give that guy a gold medal! We need more people like that around.
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/29 22:56:11 (permalink)
Agreed...just shows how fishing can even bring relief from medical conditions, the fact he's doing it with children while he can is awesome.
walcat01
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 391
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/29 23:18:32 (permalink)
I told you there were ****holes on here and you deleted it!!!!!!
John 316
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 308
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 07:41:36 (permalink)
Mike,  never heard you go off like that.  You bring up good points that we shouldn't judge people.  Honestly, though, I don't think anybody was throwing knives at the guy.  We are in a society today were obesity is the
next prejudice.  12 year old kids come home from school and announce to their parents that the teachers and nurses have declared the child is overweight and a health risk waiting to happen.  While I personally know quite a few overweight people (myself included), very few are due to health reasons and they are simply neglecting themselves.  The key is.........correct diet and exercise.  Put down the snickers and pick up a bag of carrots.  Toss the 2 liter and grab a V8.  Instead of driving the buggy around Walmart, walk.  Elevator?  Take the stairs. 

Again, apologies to your friend. 
joebaker79
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 805
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 08:17:57 (permalink)
Maybe you should take a closer look at your screen name John. 
John 316
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 308
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 08:27:59 (permalink)
What did I say that offended you joebaker?  I'm a little confused
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 08:37:00 (permalink)
I KNOW THATS WHY ITS FUNNY! IN REAL LIFE NO SLOPPY SECONDS FOR ME.....

im not gonna lie,

thats gross...
Bughawk
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3247
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 08:51:41 (permalink)
It never ceases to amaze me where a thread will go.  I posted the pictures to let people who have not been up to see what the conditions at the project waters looked like.  The initial intent was to focus on the low water, but it seems some decided to focus on the people and criticize them for their choice to fish under those conditions.  If you look carefully, you will notice there are quite a few children in the pictures.  While we more seasoned fisherman might choose to fish elsewhere to satisfy our need for solitude or a more quality fishing experience, it does not diminish the fact that the people fishing there were enjoying themselves and spending an afternoon with some young folks.

MikeG makes a good point that making fun of the rather large man was uncalled for and demonstrates our lack of consideration for our fellow man.  Not one of us is perfect and I am sure that there are things about each of us could be held up to ridicule.  We need to spend more time looking at positives in each other and less on the negatives.

pax vobiscum +
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 08:56:05 (permalink)
You know as I was reading this forum again and seeing what I wrote - I do have to apologize to the Forums and to Mike and especially to your friend in the picture.  I am pretty sure I am speaking for most guys on here. That we dont want to hurt anyones feelings. I think it was just alittle bit of joking.  And as a chubby guy myself I know what is like to get picked on, being called names. So I want to make something clear to you and to your friend by saying I am deeply sorry for my actions. I was always told that I have a heart of gold. And even though I didn't say anything that bad, I surly didn't show my christian faith on this forum thats for sure.

Thanks for your time - Joe
joebaker79
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 805
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 09:00:03 (permalink)
You didn't offend me.  Just that you were one of the many making fun of the man in the photo.  Now I'm no Bible beater, but I wouldn't have a Bible verse as a screen name if I was going to make fun of people. 

Actually I stand corrected, I don't see a comment from you about the guy.  I read your apology and made a comment.  Sorry to call you out. 
post edited by joebaker79 - 2008/09/30 09:03:47
mikeg
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2533
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 09:22:15 (permalink)
Apologies accepted.....

Back to the original topic from Bug....
Thanks for posting the picks. I'm sure you saved a few people a lot of gas money by showing the conditions. Hopefully after these next few days of rain you can post a pic of nice green flow with images of steel jumping over falls!
pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 12:24:24 (permalink)
Second...his poor health and medications that he has to take on a daily basis caused him to gain a ton of weight over the years.

I know what that is like.
A few years ago I ended up with a respiratory infection and bronchitis from staying on the NC and SC coast just after a hurricane.
It probably started from all of the mold spores in the air.
From this I developed lung scaring that caused me to have low blood oxygen.
This is similar to developing asthma
Low blood oxygen = tired and lazy all the time = gaining a lot of weight.
The steroids given for this also cause weight gain.
I am just starting to loose some of the weight by working out again.

IT SUCKS BEING FAT WITH NO ENERGY
post edited by pghmarty - 2008/09/30 12:25:06
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 13:43:47 (permalink)
Right on Mikeg, right on.

woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8508
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 20:29:34 (permalink)
Marty give me some of that. I,ve lost 5lbs. since March and heck I only weigh 145 now. Been this rought before and scares the heck out of me!

Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 20:30:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

Marty give me some of that. I,ve lost 5lbs. since March and heck I only weigh 145 now. Been this rought before and scares the heck out of me!

SHUT UP

Fat guy talkin 

*commander*
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2647
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 20:38:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: walcat01

I told you there were ****holes on here and you deleted it!!!!!!

, per the "new policy" thread, profanity is prohibited. thank you.
tippy-toe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4334
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 20:43:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

SHUT UP

Fat guy talkin 

Skip that is the best avatar yet....I need a box of tissues... ****!!!

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
*commander*
Pro Angler
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 20:52:33 (permalink)
that avatar is excellent.

tissues are as far as you'll get with her. no tank top wearing short shorts wearing good looking gun toting broad is going to have anything to do with you philly fans.

is "philthadelphian" off limits due to the new policies? imo all off color philly comments should be exempt from all rules in modern day captivity. dont they teach that in public schools?
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 21:11:58 (permalink)
First off, I have to say, Skip you have OUTDONE yourself with that avatar buddy!!  Now if she had a rod in her hand (preferrably mine), it would be nothing less than PERFECT!

Back to this whole thread...Yes, it is a shame where it has gone...Gentlemen, lets deomonstrate some class here.  Think about the reflection this puts on all of us "so called" sportsmen.  Joking is one thing, joking at someone else's expense is another.  Especially if you don't even know the guy you're poking fun of!  Not much more to be said.

Hey Joe, it takes a Hell of a man to do what you did, I commend that.  Thanks!  
post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2008/09/30 21:16:57

tippy-toe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4334
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 21:23:22 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: *commander*

tissues are as far as you'll get with her. no tank top wearing short shorts wearing good looking gun toting broad is going to have anything to do with you philly fans.

is "philthadelphian" off limits due to the new policies? imo all off color philly comments should be exempt from all rules in modern day captivity. dont they teach that in public schools?

How did the Pirates make out this year...maybe you can dry your baseball tears with your terrible towel.

You guys can beat up on me instead of Mikeg's friend...I am not nearly as giving as him... It's nice to hear that he helps kids get into fishing;that should be commended. As far as the weight...some of us are built for speed and some are built for comfort..I am built for comfort as well
post edited by tippy-toe - 2008/09/30 21:24:16

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
*commander*
Pro Angler
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 21:37:49 (permalink)
Pirates!!!??? i thought you were better than to have to bring the Pirates into it. they are bad, however, like nascar racing and nba, baseball makes me sleepy. best part is waking up with a few innings/laps/seconds left and catch up on the entire event. personally, if there was never another mlb/nba game ever played again it wouldnt hurt my feelings. i dont mind if the pirates never have a winning season.

while i bleed black and gold, and as seen/heard last night, Pittsburgh is FILLED with fair-weathered fans. yeah, the offense was playing bad, however, dont the ravens have the top rated defense right now. fans are "booing." gimme a break. i figured trackstat brought everybody in for the game. back to the pirates, its the same way. while it hasnt happened for a very long time, if/when they were winning people love/loved them. when theyre losing nobody uses their tickets. i get excellent seats and havent paid for pirate tix in approx 10 years. the stadium is great and if it werent for that i'd never go to a game.
Loopy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1437
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/09/30 22:31:50 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Bughawk

It never ceases to amaze me where a thread will go.  I posted the pictures to let people who have not been up to see what the conditions at the project waters looked like.  The initial intent was to focus on the low water, but it seems some decided to focus on the people and criticize them for their choice to fish under those conditions.  If you look carefully, you will notice there are quite a few children in the pictures.  While we more seasoned fisherman might choose to fish elsewhere to satisfy our need for solitude or a more quality fishing experience, it does not diminish the fact that the people fishing there were enjoying themselves and spending an afternoon with some young folks.

MikeG makes a good point that making fun of the rather large man was uncalled for and demonstrates our lack of consideration for our fellow man.  Not one of us is perfect and I am sure that there are things about each of us could be held up to ridicule.  We need to spend more time looking at positives in each other and less on the negatives.

WELL SAID BUG!!!!

<---  The Holy Trinity
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/10/01 07:24:40 (permalink)
lets go pens.............
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: Da 'Nut on a Saturday 2008/10/01 09:10:17 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: tippy-toe

ORIGINAL: *commander*

How did the Pirates make out this year...maybe you can dry your baseball tears with your terrible towel.

You guys can beat up on me instead of Mikeg's friend...I am not nearly as giving as him... It's nice to hear that he helps kids get into fishing;that should be commended. As far as the weight...some of us are built for speed and some are built for comfort..I am built for comfort as well

Now come on tippy, not EVERY team Pittsburgh has can be GOOD!  Besides, between the whole profit sharing deal in the majors and the Pirates' owners, the Pirates will continue to be losers and like it!  Last year, the Pirates ranked 7th of all when it came to gross profits.  Thanks to the Yanks, Cubs and Sox!!  Yipppeeeeeeeee!  Thats baseball for you

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: