Citation Patches

Author
6point7
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 964
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/26 14:32:53 (permalink)

Citation Patches

Just wanted to check your thoughts on Angler Award Program Patches sewn to vests. Do ya? Do ya not?

18 Replies Related Threads

indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6356
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 15:11:58 (permalink)
    I think it's good !  It's an accomplishment. You can either ask about them, or ignore them, but it's nice for the person who won the award.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 15:21:57 (permalink)
    Do you get a patch with a catch & release citation?
    Grendel
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1675
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 15:30:49 (permalink)
    I have one for a Steelie i got a few years ago - almost 14 lbs.  Not sure if you get one for catch and release - the data has to be verified.  PR East asisted me in this one.

I added the patch to my collection of patches.  Now  i need to get them on a display.

Doc

The strength of a person isn't measured by the muscle in their arm or how tall they stand, but rather, by the amount of knowledge and area of versatility they can cover. CM ~ 1987

Not a fan of Burgh teams. Get over it...
    Esox_Hunter
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2393
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 15:40:17 (permalink)
    No patch for C&R, just a certificate. I took my gf out for her first time flyfishing a few years ago and she caught a 24" bow.  I snapped several pics, measured it, and put it back.  I filled out the form for her and sent in a pic to the PFBC.  Within a few weeks she had the certificate and they published her pic on the back of the PA angler and boater.  She really liked it, definately made it easier to get her to tag along with me.

I have a few patches myself from when I was younger.  One from a 12# steelhead and another from a 4# brookie.  I never put the patches on anything, I honestly couldn't tell you where they are right now.
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 16:26:50 (permalink)
    Never done the award thing for myself, but my son loves it and has several. And yes he has them all sewn on his fishing vest along with every other patch I had in my collection of old Fred Arbogast stuff.

Why not sew them on and let everyone know. Maybe more people will participate in the program as well.

Way to go Esox, way to get the girlfriend involved I think my wife collects shopping awards though!
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 19:13:57 (permalink)
    No patch for C&R, just a certificate.

Finally got home after work today and hadmail frmo the PAFBC! 

Maybe things changed since then, Esox, because I got a patch with my certificate.  And yes, I plan to sewit to my vest!
    Grendel
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1675
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 19:26:27 (permalink)

The strength of a person isn't measured by the muscle in their arm or how tall they stand, but rather, by the amount of knowledge and area of versatility they can cover. CM ~ 1987

Not a fan of Burgh teams. Get over it...
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 21:46:23 (permalink)
    i wish i had just one lol. 

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/26 21:48:19 (permalink)
    oh heck i didnt know it was that easy i need to get papers filled out lol 

-Steve Rinella
    glen
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 920
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/27 07:34:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: 6point7

Just wanted to check your thoughts on Angler Award Program Patches sewn to vests. Do ya? Do ya

NICE FOR KIDS, SEEMS KINDA CHEESEY FOR ADULTS
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/27 07:41:46 (permalink)
    not really if you can get a patch for every fish then it shows you either have nothing else in your life to worry about but fishing or you are one dedicated fisherman. 

-Steve Rinella
    penn_artist
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 184
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/27 18:18:50 (permalink)
    The girlfriend and I both got citation certs for catch and release fish this year mine was for a smallie and hers was for a Sheephead. We got patches too. Although their not the same as for non catch and release awards. Kind of bland
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/27 20:56:52 (permalink)
    Whats the difference between keeper patches and C&R patches?  I kinda wish the fish on my patch was the fish I caught, but it's still cool!
    penn_artist
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 184
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/27 22:02:20 (permalink)
    Used to be the keeper certs and patches had a pic of the fish you caught on them. The catch and release is just a typed out thing. I don't know about the keeper ones since I havent kept a fish for about 10 years. Last fish I/we kept was an almost state record White Bass my daughter caught. She got a real nice cert and patch but again that was a long time ago.
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/28 12:54:59 (permalink)
    I used to sew them all on my vest, then I ran out of room. No seriously I used to sew them on, but my buddies made fun of me, so now my new vest has none. if you go to the photo gallerey, there are a few pics of me with the patches on my vest, they do look kinda dumb. I also used to frame the certificates, but also ran out of room and my wife bit$ed too much about them and my mounts being in her bedroom. I wish I had a game room !!!! Now I just put them in a binder in plastic sheet protectors. For those interested in awards/certificates besides the PAFBC here are few others that do it too. OHIO DNR, Outdoorlife magazine, NA Fishing Club and the PA Outdoor Journal & In fisherman Magazine(pins only, unless its the biggest of the year). Egg Sac got the biggest Coho & Brookie a few years ago and got a nice certificate from them. I like the certificates, especially for the C & R fish, this way you have a nice photo and something to hang on the wall.
    egg sac
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 517
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/28 14:05:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: JEB

I used to sew them all on my vest, then I ran out of room. No seriously I used to sew them on, but my buddies made fun of me, so now my new vest has none. if you go to the photo gallerey, there are a few pics of me with the patches on my vest, they do look kinda dumb. I also used to frame the certificates, but also ran out of room and my wife bit$ed too much about them and my mounts being in her bedroom. I wish I had a game room !!!! Now I just put them in a binder in plastic sheet protectors. For those interested in awards/certificates besides the PAFBC here are few others that do it too. OHIO DNR, Outdoorlife magazine, NA Fishing Club and the PA Outdoor Journal & In fisherman Magazine(pins only, unless its the biggest of the year). Egg Sac got the biggest Coho & Brookie a few years ago and got a nice certificate from them. I like the certificates, especially for the C & R fish, this way you have a nice photo and something to hang on the wall.

Jeb,

ya got it all wrong the infisherman awards were the master angler patch with the species cheveron you could only get the certificate and pin if it was largest of the year for the region.

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
    WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/28 17:12:33 (permalink)
    Eggie,
    I stand corrected !! Mepps also has a awards program that gives out patches for fish caught on their spinners.
    www.mepps.com/master_angler_program

elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: Citation Patches 2008/09/29 11:48:18 (permalink)
    About 6 years ago while fishing on the Yough in my old vest w/patches sewn on I heard a comment from up on the bank, "you must be a steelheader" . Of course I asked why and he mentioned the patches, assuming they were for steel which they were. I came up out of the water and we had a nice conversation and got to meet someone new because of the patches. Retired the vest after that year and put the patches in my collection. I go patchless now.   Ohio gives the pin and certificate.  Dave
    post edited by elephanthead - 2008/09/29 11:49:04
    Jump to: