Author
Neversink Jimmy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Reward points: 0
2008/08/20 09:46:57 (permalink)

THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE

Hello Gents-

Well, it looks like we will have about ten dudes lined up for some fishin' this weekend...  Should be perfect!!!

The weather report still looks favorable- with forecasts for "HOT AND HUMID" on Saturday...  That should be a heckuva' lot better than this cold front we've been in all week!   The fishing has been TOUGH!!!  I think a few days of blazing sun will get the surface temps back up around 75 or so and we should have a good day on the lake...  Current surface temp last night was 69...

Directions will follow today- sorry for slacking...  "The Man" is actually making me WORK today, and I am prety tired from a bit of a bash at the Allman Bros at SPAC last night...  Whoa...

Keep an eye to your PM's and I will get the info off to you shortly... 

Can't wait guys!!!  I will have the lawn mowed after work today, and we should be good to go...  PM with any questions...

Jimmy

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman

30 Replies Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/20 10:00:36 (permalink)
    Men,

Here is the current and most 'up to date' roster for the 1st Annual Snyders Lake Invitational this Saturday, August 23rd:

Reel Force
    Perch Inc
    Hook Line Sinker
    Santaman 76
    Hot Tuna
    Bassin Brian
    New York Yank
    Neversink Jimmy
    Big Matty

Looks like nine- so I would plan accordingly...  There are two or three 'possibles' still out there- but the numbers should be just right in terms of parking, space, etc...  We should have an IDEAL turnout...

If anyone is planning on attending- but not on this list- get in touch with me ASAP so I can get directions and geta  final count to those folks bringing food, etc.  I would just plan on bringing all the food you want and can, and everyone should be good to go...

"Official" start time will be around 11am...  Although many (most?) guys will probably be out on the water well before that...  As for the 'tourney' here is the final outcome:

$10/angler
    "Lunker Pool- winner take all"
    Winner determined by weight (digital scale?)
    Species eligible:  Walleye, LMB, SMB, Crappie, Perch, Panfish

(I opted to take bullhead and carp off the list because the thought of a 30lb carp crushing the ego of fomeone who landed a 7lb bass was too much to handle...  Hee hee)

Full current lake report and directions to be distributed to the above anglers this afternoon.

We can handle two or three more if anyone wants to rbing a buddy...  No wives or kids this go round, please...

Let's keep this one smallish and see how it goes before we start contaminating our children and chicks...

Expect a note after lunchtime with directions and any other information...

Jimmy

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/20 16:07:45 (permalink)
    THE WEBSITE WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO "Private Message" YOU GUYS WITH DIRECTIONS... 

The email is too big, and I cannot reduce the DIRECTIONS, you know?

Send me your email addresses via PM as soon as possible and I will get you all the info you need right away...

I can't post my address, etc. online without adding a myriad of headaches to my life...

GET IN TOUCH WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU THE DIRECTIONS AND ALL OTHER IMPORTANT INFO!!!

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/20 16:09:19 (permalink)
    Here is the basic information without directions:

Time:  “Official” start time is 11am on Saturday…  “Official” end time will be about 6pm…

Any fish landed and weighed prior to 11am (or after 6pm) are ineligible for winnings (in an effort to remove any favoritism for those who can party all weekend)

Pool will be $10…  Nothing too serious, we are really out to have fun and relax.  But a nice ‘kitty’ of nearly one hundred bucks could be a nice help to someone!  Let’s keep it fun and easy this weekend- but still a lil’ exciting!!!

Arrival?:  You can get to my house anytime you wish…  Earliest arrival should be no sooner than 6:30pm on Friday…  Please try to PM me or let me know when you plan to arrive at Snyders Lake so we can plan parking, etc accordingly…  Also, please let me know if you plan to camp for the night(s).  If you are unsure- that is fine too!!!

Departure:  Around lunchtime on Sunday for the real die-hards…  But you can go home whenever you feel like it…  Or when the wife calls and tells you that dinner is almost ready…

Phone Contact:  Cell reception is FINE and DANDY on the lake…  You may reach me via my cell phone anytime with questions or problems … 

Here is the WISH LIST for things we could use if you got ‘em lying around:

FIRE WOOD

POLE TARP or EZ-UP to provide a little shade

Stereo Amp or Receiver (I’ve got disc changer and backup stereo, but would be nice to have an amp to run my BIG speakers outside this weekend!)

Anything you want!!!  Food and beer, of course…

The town of West Sand Lake is about five minutes away and provides a Hannaford, ATMs, Stewarts, Pizza Places, etc…  If you forget something, you should be able to locate it locally without trouble…

Send me a PM or give me a call with any questions…  Or Mapquest the above address online and get personalized directions from wherever you are coming from!

Remember- you can fish ANYTIME you want to this weekend- but the “Lunker Pool” will run from 11am to 6pm…  That way everyone has a shot at a few bucks!!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!!!

Jimmy

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/21 11:34:27 (permalink)
    "Santaman" came by last night to deliver a good load of some scrap lumber for firewood for this weekend's party.

Naturally, we decided to get in the boat and go fishing for about two hours after we got the wood unloaded.  The conditions are improving at Snyders, as it has been sluggish the pest week with the cold nights.  The rising temps yesterday bode well for the 'evening bite' last night and we found some fish.

No pigs, but no dinks either...  A mixed bag of Walleye, LMBs, Smallies, etc.  Paul got to see a good "Snyders Lake Sampler" with the exception of some pannies, carp and bullhead...

I should have taken more pics- but figured I would post these to show some recent results.  I think this weekend could be a good one, as the weatherman is calling for a SCORCHER on Fri and Sat and the water temps should rise in a hurry.  Last night the surface temp was 70, but it has been as highs as 80 this summer.  It cooled fast this past week...   But should be on its way up again...  Looks good!

One of two walleye's:

Average Bass:

Another LMB:

A Smallie from Paulie:

Should be a LOT more pictures this weekend with some nice fish...  It will be great to see how everyone approaches a small lake and how they fish it.  I am confident that everyone will find structure and species to their liking, and everyone should find fish...  I think I may learn a thing or two from you cats on Saturday!

See you this weekend...
    post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/08/21 11:53:44

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/21 12:59:13 (permalink)
    I couldn't see the pics, so i re-did them here guys ... not sure if it's just my computer or not ???

post edited by bassinbrian - 2008/08/21 22:19:42
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/21 13:19:41 (permalink)
    Nice eye brian!  is that from lk. snyders? man i was up at my site , rode around that beautiful pepacton resi golfing on monday. I lost 33 bucks playing 18 dollar holes! lol but I won it all back and some in darts back at camp. I looked at the EB seen a couple small browns sipping what I believed were olives. But I by that time I was just too bushed out. lol we came home yesterday early eve to old jersey.Man New York blows old jersey away for fishing imo. I haven't hunted or fished jersey in over ten years. I much prefer New york state. Jimmy, thank you for the invitation, I seriously hope to join that shingdig gathering should I find the time.If not, I wish all you cool safe fun partying!
    santaman67
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 42
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/21 21:19:32 (permalink)
    Jimmy - I've got an "ez up" type of canopy lined up.

Also, 20 burgers, 20 brauts (onions, peppers, Lawry's and Worcester Shire sause at the suggestion of Reel Force!), 18 eggs, 2 lbs of bacon, loaf of bread, 3 bags of chips, ketchup and rolls.

I should be there between 630-700 Friday night.

Looking forward to an outstanding weekend.  Thanks for the quick tour last night!

Paul
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/21 22:25:37 (permalink)
    See you boys Saturday am ... i will give Reelforce a shout tomorrow night to make sure everybody is behaving themselfs around the fire, LOL.

I'll have no problem finding the place, just look for all the guys passed out in the yard LOL !!

I'm going to throw my boat in the truck, easy to do and if we don't end up needing it not a big deal.

Brian

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/22 14:06:02 (permalink)
    Some nice fish you got there... did you troll for the eye's?  What works best there- worm harnesses ? rapalas ? spoons?  I don't have a lot of walleye stuff in my bag anymore since I got  ripped off.
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/22 14:22:15 (permalink)
    NYY, I have alot of eye stuff your welcome what ever you need!!! Jim, I know where you live!! I get out of work Sat. at 0700am, should loaded and at your place by 0800/0830am!! I'll bring some extra pots for the corn and clams with a gas cooker!! Any one bring BAIT/ Worms or Fatheads??
    post edited by Perch Inc. - 2008/08/22 14:29:16

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/22 16:06:21 (permalink)
    Thanks Perch-  I'm going to pick up a dozen crawlers to put on harnesses if I remember.   No room for a minnow bucket, takes up beer space.  I got about 10 shades of Senko if you need any bass candy.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/22 19:27:51 (permalink)
    update:
    been on the go since 2am, bringing the jon boat w/trailer
    packing ,packing and will finish in the AM.
    I loaded a small grill. See everyone arond 8 > 8:30.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/23 00:14:17 (permalink)
    Just got done making my pasta salad it's 1213am won't be long !!! 
    post edited by Perch Inc. - 2008/08/23 00:15:17

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/23 19:55:30 (permalink)
    Great time guys ! Enjoyed meeting up with every body.
    Really good group of guys !!!

Before i ramble on some i will let Jimmy & Jeff (as the host & the mod) give a write up about the fun weekend.
    post edited by bassinbrian - 2008/08/24 20:47:24
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/24 22:41:50 (permalink)
    It was a great time hanging with all you guys.  Jimmy , thanks for hosting us bro, great job.  Food was good (goose jerky!) , weather was nice, fishing was pretty rough. Thanks Hook for the seat. 
     PS I left my red cooler there, I'm going to have to stop back sometime this week ... Maybe stick it somewhere outside I can grab it?
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/24 23:32:57 (permalink)
    Guys, I had a "GREAT Time" meeting and cooking for you guys!!! Jimmy "YOUR The MAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!  Brian your the  "Fishin King" for now, but I talked to Jimmy this morning and next time it's going to be the "BIGGEST Perch" and WE know who will WIN That!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to get out fishing with any of you guys SOON!!! RJ "THANKS" for the boat ride!! My thumb's is still stiff!!! LOL  It was a GREAT Day!! We need to do "IT" again SOON!!!!! Jeff's still sleeping!!!!!  NYY Our hope your mail didn't get LOST!!! LOL Glad to see made it HOME!!!
    post edited by Perch Inc. - 2008/08/24 23:35:50

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/24 23:45:39 (permalink)
    Guys, I had a "GREAT Time" meeting and cooking for you guys!!! Jimmy "YOUR The MAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!  Brian your the  "Fishin King" for now, but I talked to Jimmy this morning and next time it's going to be the "BIGGEST Perch" and WE know who will WIN That!!!!!!!!

Yes excellent cooking Perch !!! Jimmy does has a sweet place !!
    I only picked the ultra lite a few times, but would love to find some big perch and crappie Too !! 
    santaman67
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 42
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/25 09:17:36 (permalink)
    Hey Guys,

What an awesome weekend, great bunch of guys, perfect weather, nice lake, excellent food, cool host and lots of beer.  It was great to meet all of you and hang out.  Definitely count me in for the next go-around!

Paul
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/25 09:20:53 (permalink)
    Gentlemen,

First off, thanks to EVERYONE who came out this weekend...  I had a GREAT time meeting you all, enjoying a few totties and seeing some fish come in...  Wasn't 'epic' but there were enough nice fish to make it interesting... 

Second- I do, of course, have a TON of photos...  But a few more are being emailed to me as I write this...  I will compile the best dozen or so and post them up here today (Mon) or tomorrow (Tues)... 

I can't thank you all enough for being so **** cool...  The yard and house looked better on SUNDAY than it did BEFORE you guys all got there!  Amazing...  You guys are no joke...

The only items left  behind were a red cooler (claimed) and a pair of boxers in the front yard (unclaimed- and understandable)...  You know what they say "You know it was a real party if there is underwear in the yard the next day"...

You boys can SURELY count on a repeat of the tourney next year...  TRAVERS WEEKEND from here on out...

Lots of interest in a "King of the Ice" winter version too...  Expect a posting about a February date to do the same thing through the ice...  That fireplace will be invaluable for a winter party.

Again, thank you guys so much for coming out...  I know many of you rearranged schedules and spent more than a few bucks getting there and hanging out...  You guys really made it a fun and laid-back day...  I know I had a BLAST hanging out with ALL of you, and it sounds like you dudes enjoyed it as well...

Sure was a lot of laughing and smiling going on... 

Photos and a 'recap' to follow when I have a little more time.  But for today it 'back to the grind' and lots of things to accomplish before 5pm...  But I will get you some pics soon!

Thanks again Gang!

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/25 11:37:53 (permalink)
    This one had to get posted right away...  I will omit just a few on the final posting so that a few of us can maintain some semblance of dignity among our fellow fishing brethren...

But this one cracks me up...  I have entitled it "The Smallbout Bass Bandit"...

Special thanks to ReelForce for all his planning and assistance...  And for keeping his pants on until almost everyone had left... 

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/08/25 11:40:58

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/25 16:55:48 (permalink)
    Folks, it was a blast and I had a great time. Many thanks to Jimmy for letting this happen and to all those who made it be great.
                               Thanks Again:
                                                     Peace & Tuna

Perch:
    You got me hooked on those pannies, **** good eats bro.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/25 16:55:56 (permalink)
    Hey Perch-  I never made the connection that you were Kevin... I was wondering where ya were. LOL Hey man great cooking ... the jerky was awesome too.  Went real good with beer.  I was a piece of crap at work all night!  We gotta go out sometime and hit up the perch, i bet you can teach me something.  I gotta work on my perch and crappie fishing, usually do it on the ice. Come to think of it, I gotta work on my bass fishing too it looks like.
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/25 18:42:26 (permalink)
    Hey.... I finally woke up .... lol ... Jimmy , what can I say ?  Ya pulled off one of my best weekends ever !!! THANK YOU !!! And thanx to all that came !!!

I forgot someone is missing a set of boxers -   somehow they found there way to the antena of my truck ....
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/25 19:01:22 (permalink)
    **** ... i missed the fresh fish fry too   !!! I love fish. Oh well next time !!

Hey Santa glad to hear your camera was found, hopfully it was not damaged at all.

Jimmy has an awesome set up there, thanks again !! And to Reelforce too !!

I want a fishing partner next time, i was lonely ... well except for all the bass that joined me
    post edited by bassinbrian - 2008/08/25 19:03:16
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/08/25 23:42:06 (permalink)
    Thanks guys I told you that PERCH are the best!!!!!!!!!!! I'll fish with any one of you fine fisherman any TIME!!! bassinbrain I'll cook some of them perch for us when we hit that ice spot of yours!! NYY sorry we didn't get to fish togerther but let's plan on going go soon!! We can hit your place or mine! If any one would like to try Burden Lake it's got some nice perch/bluegills in it and we can hit "Kay's Pizza" after for some more good food and BEER!!!! It's right on the lake!!! Let's make a plan because Kay's closes in September!! No boat ramp but cartop/truck back boat will do!! Let's do IT!! I had the BEST Time meeting and Parting with ALL for you!!! I meet 10 strangers on Sat./ Sun. that I can "NOW CALL FRIENDS"!!!!!!!
    post edited by Perch Inc. - 2008/08/25 23:43:07

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    striper2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/09/21 05:56:19 (permalink)
    HAY BOILERMAN HOPE YOU DID A FEEDWATER TEST ON THAT WATER BEFORE YOU ATE THEM FISH.
    SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME, COOL
    LATER STRIPER2.
    post edited by striper2 - 2008/09/21 05:57:11
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2008/09/21 06:26:43 (permalink)
    I just knew it was YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2009/03/08 23:24:56 (permalink)
    I believe the date for 2009 FEST is August 28/29 and 30!!!! Mark your calendars!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: THE SNYDERS LAKE SHINDIG PAGE 2009/03/09 05:43:19 (permalink)
    I love it...  Bring it on, August! 

I am sure Perch is right.  Let's shoot for Traver's Stakes weekend, which is usually that last weekend in August.  Start saying your prayers and doing whatever "perfect weather no-rain dances" you did last season.  We can probably get some sort of "Stripers by day-Crappies by evening" deal going in May too at the tail end of the herring and Striper run.  Once the sunshine gets reliable around here, the fishing on Snyders does too.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: