FISHING REPORT

Author
alleghenyed
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/11 20:09:25 (permalink)

FISHING REPORT

fished from shore below the emsworth lock and dam on thursday evening using plugs,couple of hits on the zara spook working it  close to shore. couple of boats casting artificials near the locks did not appaer to be having much success. Two gentlemen fishing from the wall with worms were catching small drum.

On Friday went up to Neshannock creek and fished from the mouth to the second railroad bridge spotted around 7 or 8 dead fish some trout and some chubs also saw two really nice smallmouths but one had two quarter sized sores on it's back. I have always done well in this section for smallies but not today. On the way home I stopped at the Beaver river below the second falls nothing. In New Brighton at the first dam a fellow told me he had a good day with smallmouth wallies and a northern pike
all i managed was those dam gar.
But still a great day to be fishing

5 Replies Related Threads

pole_doc
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: FISHING REPORT 2007/05/12 13:25:41 (permalink)
    Ed:
    I tried the mouth of little sewickley yesterday afternoon.  Only one small largemouth.  Not the best time of day for it.  Lon would have caught more.  A couple of guys with minnows and shiners were getting just about every species in the water.  I may head up to Arthur tomorrow night - -The Warden just gave me permission after I finish the dishes from the Mother's Day Dinner I cooked.
    jug
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 187
    RE: FISHING REPORT 2007/12/19 16:11:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: alleghenyed

fished from shore below the emsworth lock and dam on thursday evening using plugs,couple of hits on the zara spook working it  close to shore. couple of boats casting artificials near the locks did not appaer to be having much success. Two gentlemen fishing from the wall with worms were catching small drum.

On Friday went up to Neshannock creek and fished from the mouth to the second railroad bridge spotted around 7 or 8 dead fish some trout and some chubs also saw two really nice smallmouths but one had two quarter sized sores on it's back. I have always done well in this section for smallies but not today. On the way home I stopped at the Beaver river below the second falls nothing. In New Brighton at the first dam a fellow told me he had a good day with smallmouth wallies and a northern pike
    all i managed was those dam gar.
    But still a great day to be fishing

There's gar there?

I'M ON A MISSION
    IM GOING FISHING
    Trout About
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1048
    RE: FISHING REPORT 2007/12/19 16:48:04 (permalink)
    Lots of 'em in the 3-rivers.  I played around with a school of 50+ this summer below Braddock dam.  Had many on for a few seconds, then gone.  Managed to get one up to the boat before the line frayed.
    jug
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 187
    RE: FISHING REPORT 2007/12/19 17:16:11 (permalink)
    Wow, I never knew they were around here. I don't have much experience fishing any of the three rivers.

I'M ON A MISSION
    IM GOING FISHING
    HardCore Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 519
    RE: FISHING REPORT 2007/12/19 18:57:09 (permalink)
    I like catching gar, hard to catch with them long noses and teeth, some get pretty big too, we go down right at Maxwell Locks at night in the summer on the Mon with 3-4 dozen minnows and their always all gone by sunrise, thens its time for king size smallies on rapalas, you can usually see them at night if you flash a flashlight on the water cause their near the surface, its also funny watching the gar take the minnows to their doom too, the best hooks i found out using for them is trout hooks in size 12, the smaller hooks can hook their long noses easier.

Ronnie
    Jump to: