upper twin lakes

Author
mr.crappie
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2549
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/22 09:43:37 (permalink)

upper twin lakes

The past week we have caught bass ,carp, crappie, perch, & gills along with trout. All on jigs. Those of us that fish year-round in our local trout lakes stand to lose this oppertunity for the month of march if the PFC goes ahead with its plan of opening trout season 2 weeks  early next year. The way I see it is that we will lose a month to gain 2 weeks. Doesn't make sense to me.If you agree, I would suggest that you contact the South West division of the PFC & let them know. I personaly think that trout season should be open year-round,but I can see the reason that they use for having a first day.Really doesn't affect me except that these lakes are local & cheaper to get to with the cost of gas getting higher every day.  sam

6 Replies Related Threads

BassinTom
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 89
    RE: upper twin lakes 2008/03/22 12:38:56 (permalink)
    Hey Sam
    I sent my letter to them this morning.  I never really thought of it as losing two weeks but you are right and I don't want that to happen.  I enjoy the month of March and the Early Trout Season. 

Any day with a rod in the water is better than a day at work
    Maga2120
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 259
    RE: upper twin lakes 2008/03/23 02:19:31 (permalink)
    i think the month of feb and march are the nicest times too trout fish i hope we dont loose them
    BassinTom
    Novice Angler
    RE: upper twin lakes 2008/03/26 21:58:06 (permalink)
    Hey Sam,

I got a reply from the PAFBC today to a letter that I sent them.  It state that the are considering opening the early season trout stocked water to year round fishing and still have the opening day two weeks earlier.  As he stated in the response that I got this is NOT a done deal yet.  I would encourge anyone that has concerns to make sure you write a letter to the PAFBC to help keep these waters open.

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    RE: upper twin lakes 2008/03/27 18:20:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: BassinTom

Hey Sam,

I got a reply from the PAFBC today to a letter that I sent them.  It state that the are considering opening the early season trout stocked water to year round fishing and still have the opening day two weeks earlier.  As he stated in the response that I got this is NOT a done deal yet.  I would encourge anyone that has concerns to make sure you write a letter to the PAFBC to help keep these waters open.
    Tom,when I talked to the biologist I said that as a compromise they could make it catch & release for trout during March if they had to, as long as they left these waters open to fishing like they did before. BTW we have been catching bass ,perch & carp lately as the water has been warming.  sam
    BassinTom
    Novice Angler
    RE: upper twin lakes 2008/03/27 19:04:12 (permalink)
    Hey Sam
    We were out on Monday night and I caught a nice 14 inch bass on the upper lake.  There was only a few guys there as the wind was blowing good but by about 7 pm we were the only ones left on both lakes.  Hoping to hit it again this weekend if the weather holds out.
    Tom

Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: upper twin lakes 2008/03/27 23:17:04 (permalink)
    Hello, I've been checking out the forums for a while now, but this will be my first time actually chiming in.

I've been regularly fishing twin lakes since the ice melted and even once when it was half-frozen, and I've been doing pretty well, usually catching 2-3 trout in an hour or so that I have between work and night classes.  I've gotten some funny looks fishing with just my ultralight and a tiny box of lures, dressed in khakis and a dress shirt, but I fish with the free time I'm given!

Anyway, all I've been using thus far this year are spinners, and I've been doing pretty well with them, but I agree that I've seen several guys rocking the trout with powerbait on the bottom as well as fireballs from the top or bottom.  I might have to try that if I get some time this weekend.
    Jump to: