LARGE STONES

Author
eagleed
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/19 17:50:06 (permalink)

LARGE STONES

In today's Post Star was the true story about those guys catching too many perch on Lake George.  They were actually fined $250 each, not $1,500 each as previously reported.
    However, the bigger story is that one guy paid his fine, while the others are putting together a fund raising fish fry dinner at a local pub to raise $750 for their fines.
    I can't believe people would actually support such an effort on behalf of the lawbreakers.  Hopefully people will come to their senses and not support this effort.

Eagle Ed

2 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: LARGE STONES 2008/03/20 08:01:06 (permalink)
    Good morning all, been luckily busy of late and putting some fuel money away for my spring trips to my fishing holes! Even though it is a heavy toll these days with rediculous gas prices, I simply can not go on in this life without my outdoor fishing destinations. It will not be every weekend as much as i use to and would like to but, i am greatful all the same knowing how others can't even go at all! Hey Ed, I think it is wrong too to overfish a creel limit etc. I respect the DEC and DEP as they have a fine job to do conserving what little we have left as true naturalists and sportsmen. You should see the changes in fish regulations for saltwater noreast! shessh! I feel sorry for the party boat industry.. it might not pay to fish saltwater for so little creel for so much the fee for fuel. Also this nitwit corzine is raising parkway tolls tenfold! it will cost well over twice as much to just commute to the seashore. We need alternative fuels or this pig oil delemia is going to hurt a good many as reserves are depleted.
    post edited by backin79 - 2008/03/20 08:03:42
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: LARGE STONES 2008/03/21 12:50:59 (permalink)
    I wonder what DEC did with all those perch?  I hope thats not what theyre using for the fish fry.  I think the jerks got off cheap... I thought it was $25 for every fish over the limit.  These are probably the same bozos you see shooting at deer from their cars.
    Jump to: