little juniata..

Author
FisHMaNning
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/01 22:39:18 (permalink)

little juniata..

Can anyone help me with the towns name where there is a "paper mill" or "paper factory" near the little juniata , so  I can get approriate directions to this river, i fished there last year but i went with a guy i knew, and i cant remember how to get there i do belive it is the all tackle catch n release area, but i wanna get exact directions i remember a nice hole underneath a train tressel and i been itching to go back lol. thanks in advance

3 Replies Related Threads

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: little juniata.. 2008/03/01 23:49:02 (permalink)
    I've never been there. I'm sure someone will help via PM or whatever.

Lyrical
    indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6356
    RE: little juniata.. 2008/03/02 07:32:54 (permalink)
    Fishmmanning,
        The town is probably Tyrone,  upstream are: Tipton and Bellwood;  downstream are: Ironsville, Nealmont, Birmingham, Spruce Creek, Baree, Alexandria and Huntington, to name a few.  The stretch with the most trestles is the stretch between Birmingham and Spruce Creek (4 miles).  Probably the best trestle hole is the hole between Spruce Creek and Baree which is way below Spruce and is quite a walk.  The trestle hole behind the junkyard below Tyrone at Pemberton is also a good access point and a nice hole.  Be careful, much of the LAND is posted in that area.  You're OK if you stay in,or very close to, the water.  My personal recommendation is to park in the vicinity of the quarry (watch for posted land) at Pemberton and fish upstream through the gorge.  It is harder to get to so you may find some solitude.  It's all C/R.

As a side note:  For lunch stop in at the italian resturant in Tyrone on the corner of Logan Avenue and 10th Street.  Great food and good prices.
    post edited by indsguiz - 2008/03/02 07:37:30

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    FisHMaNning
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: little juniata.. 2008/03/02 20:55:44 (permalink)
    i appreciate it guys  i just had a lot of fun and would like to get back out there this summer sometime it is a beautiful river
    Jump to: