Why don't I carry a gun?

Author
HookLineSinker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2008/02/23 20:10:51 (permalink)

Why don't I carry a gun?

Because I would be rotting in jail right now for murder.

Fished Ballston again today. Alot of atv's and snowmobiles out there on the weekends. I stuck to a spot near my in-laws house. It's way out of the way. Where do these idiots want to drive around you ask? Not only near my tip-ups, but through them. Like it's an obstacle course.

The real crazy thing is, before this happened, one guy (the father) came out to me and asked how I was doing, blah blah blah. Then asked if he minded if him and his 2 pre-teen kids drove there atv's on the lake. I told him it's fine with me, and it's a public lake. Just respect my space. It's a big lake, and I'm the only one fishing. He seemed like a very nice guy, and understood.Next thing you know his kids are doing donuts near my tip-ups and gear. The father isn't doing a thing about it. Then he came over and asked me if I thought the fish were getting spooked by all the racket. I said, yeah, probably.

He also asked me "How deep is the ice?"  Deep or thick moron?

As I packed up to move somewhere else, he asked me if I needed a hand pulling my sled. To which I did not respond.

Sooo, long story short, if I carried a gun, I probably would have taken some idiot out of our gene pool for the sake of mankind.

3 Replies Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Why don't I carry a gun? 2008/02/24 07:41:42 (permalink)
    HLS:
    i understand your frustration about having your gear damaged by a careless sled or atv'er
    as long as your tip-ups are highly visible there is no reason someone should run over them
    those round polar ones can be a problem where someone may not see them and i would also understand if the got run over
    a good thing would be to but a marker such as a stake near them.
    as far as the mobiles scaring the fish , i don't think that has much effect on them
    the northern lakes are full of mobiles and at Lake George yesterday my only hole which i caught fish was right next to the mobile trail.
    one fish was caught just as a pack of mobile was driving by me.
    the fish feel noise all the time from the ice cracking and moving as well as mobiles on the lakes.
    heck' there were even 2 planes touching down on the lake .
    my point ?
    it may have just been an off day of fishing as first & last ice is always best fishing and right now i think we are in the middle.
    good luck out there

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Why don't I carry a gun? 2008/02/25 17:15:14 (permalink)
    Hook:

I had the same problem on Saratoga Lake Sunday with all the wackos on 4-wheel vehicles and snowmobiles.  I purposely went to the other side of the N.Y. State Boat Launch to be away from the trail and still they insisted on coming over to see how I was doing.  Did notice that's not a problem on Lake Lonely, so that will be my spot for the rest of this ice fishing year.

Eagle Ed
    dakota man
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 77
    RE: Why don't I carry a gun? 2008/02/27 09:56:14 (permalink)
    They are a problem all over. We just had the 2nd death of the season on Sacandaga.

Dakota Man
    Jump to: