Majority has a vioce ?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 19:35:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wayne c

Using your analogy I guess the guy that finds the person laying there with his arm cut off should just go ahead and stitch it back on?

Not at all. But to stick with an accurate to our situation analogy, if he were to go to a doctor who told him there isnt a thing wrong, and refuses to sew it back on, then that doctor should be fired, lose his license and other qualified doctors brought into that hospital who WILL sew it back on.

Seems across the continental US, at game management agencies, there are alotta folks in charge that are ready and willing to sew when they clearly need to. ...Just not here in good ol' Pennsyltucky. Here if'n you're missin' one arm, the solution it seems, is to cut off the other, as well as a leg.

That is of course based nothing more than your biased opinion. Surveys have shown that the majority of the hunters across this state do support the Game Commission’s current deer management plan and direction.

Of course we all know that not everyone understands or supports the deer management plan or objectives since it no longer supports more deer than the habitat can sustain for the long term. Now the majority support having fewer deer today so all can have the best possible populations of both deer and other wildlife for the long-term future.

The problem and conflicts develop when some people don’t care about the future and demand that they have all they want now and reject any management that conflicts with their selfish demands for more now.

R.S. Bodenhorn
wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 19:59:39 (permalink)
That is of course based nothing more than your biased opinion.

Nope. In this case perception is reality. You dont have such high levels of dissent, and so much "out of the ordinary" compared to other management and then say there is no problem. Its ridiculous.

Surveys have shown that the majority of the hunters across this state do support the Game Commission’s current deer management plan and direction.

No they havent the only surveys done by pgc were in regard to ANTLER RESTRICTIONS. Very few if any "hunters" support the excessive hr. PERIOD. And every single place where opinion screening isnt an issue, herd reductions have proven to be about as popular as pulling teeth.

Of course we all know that not everyone understands or supports the deer management plan or objectives since it no longer supports more deer than the habitat can sustain for the long term.

Then on the other hand there are those of us whom are educated when it comes to these issues, and know that some common sense principals are being used for excuses, and in the meantime, extremes are being sought.

The problem and conflicts develop when some people don’t care about the future and demand that they have all they want now and reject any management that conflicts with their selfish demands for more now.

Thats nothing but your skewed version of reality. I think there are VERY FEW that do not care about our future. Me. You. Or most others in these conversations, I believe care very much. However some of us just have some bizarre notions of what our present and future should be.

post edited by wayne c - 2012/02/06 20:00:13
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 22:12:52 (permalink)
Surveys have shown that the majority of the hunters across this state do support the Game Commission’s current deer management plan and direction.

Care to share any from the last three years. I'll bet you had them but your dog ate all the survey sheets. We are talking (deer management plan) now, not just AR.
post edited by S-10 - 2012/02/06 22:17:18
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 22:23:11 (permalink)
I think there are VERY FEW that do not care about our future

Not sure just how many do not care but believe me they are out there..

You should have been with me selling licenses this past fall and listen to many of the guys, there were quite a few that said they wanted more deer now and they would worry about the future later... and I was really surprised how many said that they could care less about habitat... they just wanted to see and shoot deer....

you see when it comes to other hunter's support or their complaints about the PGC deer plan it all depends on who you are listening to and where it's at..

Trust me we are listening to two completely different groups... the majority of the folks you hear and talk too agree with you thus you feel that is what the majority of Pa hunters feel.. that is far from being true..

as always there are two sides.. the side you know and listen to and the opposite side I know and talk to.

I also think it has alot to do with where one lives...

"city folks" appear to be the ones most upset, while many of the "country folks" (big woods) are seeing bigger bucks and are beginning to see better habitat in the big woods areas and are seeing more triplets that ever in the spring for example.

Don't get me wrong I hear the complainers too, but they are the minority and I get a kick out of the reasons they disagree with the deer plan.... it boils down to 95% of the time .. It's just becuase they did not see "enough" deer or did not harvest one...or it's because more land around here is getting posted and they no longer have permission to hunt there...

VERY VERY few know anything about fawn recruitment, retention, they think all the breeding is done during the rut, have no idea what a deer yarding area is, still believe all does give birth to 2-3 fawns on average, and no idea what is includied in good deer habitat, or even what deer eat besides "apples, corn, acorns, and grass"

I keep asking those complaining about herd reduction and now there are "no deer" ...did they harvest a female this year in the second week .... and most say yes...

One guy that "has no time for the PGC".... has taken 1 buck and 5 does all by himself (THIS YEAR)(2 in 2F, 1 in 2G and 3 DMAPs in two different DMAP areas all with 20 miles of Brockway and was asking me about red tag farms in the area...

Just a matter of each of us forming our own opinions from the sources we choose to believe in and what we hear from those around us....

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 22:28:45 (permalink)
Not sure just how many do not care but believe me they are out there..

Oh I agree Doc, But Im gonna give MOST OF US, regardless of "side" more credit than that.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 22:30:39 (permalink)
Care to share any from the last three years.

Why put it on RSB..

where's your stats, studies or surveys showing the majority do not agree ???????

Prove him wrong if you can

produces the studies, or surveys that support your position.......thus making his claims false...

You are simply using the folks you know and talk to as the basis for your opinions about who is in the majority...

I know of NO STUDY or SURVEY results showing your opinions are now in the majority...

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 22:37:19 (permalink)
Why put it on RSB..

Because out side of rsb outrageous claims to the contrary, its basically common knowledge hunters dont support this crap. Although through last few years, Ive seen poll after poll on message boards voting AGAINST HR by a landslide in most cases. On several hunting boards as well as poll results in Pa outdoor news. But more importantly, its so apparent there is little support its ridiculous just in day to day life being around other hunters. Same theme everywhere I go where hunters are. Pgc's deer annihilation "plan" sux. Far too many, far too often not be represent. While hearing little to NO support for herd reductions. Despite a fair amount of support for AR alone.

Though there is a survey pgc has had their usual responsive management do, that has to do with deer management & polling the general public (including but not limited to hunters). Of course I expect no straight forward questions asking about supporting hr as is etc, but if any are oriented towards that topic, it will be no doubt very leading and very vague questions, just as they did with the hunter groups after pgc had decided to go with audubons plan.

This is the survey supposed to take the place of the cacs. The goal is obviously to manufacture support for less deer. The results will be given at the April meeting, so ive heard.
post edited by wayne c - 2012/02/06 22:41:43
JT0817
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 22:45:06 (permalink)
speaking of tweety birds .... i just love what the pgc has done with sgl 314!!!! ... but out of it they have made a very nice moto cross / atv trail system out there
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 22:52:31 (permalink)
Where the trouble is on internet polls is and has ALWAYS been in the wording of the question...
Most I see are something like this..

"""Are you in favor of herd reduction"""

I am not sure anyone today (think 2012) would be in favor of herd reduction.. NOT EVEN ME.....

we already went thru herd reduction. now it is time for stablity and allowing the habiatat to improve to support more deer....

I would not even answer a poll with that as the herd reduction question....

I NEVER ask a hunter if he is in favor of herd reduction... my question is a FOUR parter==

#1.. Are you seeing bigger bucks now that we have ar.. majorty = YES, but still alot of little ones

#2.. Are you seeing more fawns and triplets now ...majority = YES

#3.. Are you seeing more deer every year now that the herd is rebounding ... majorty =YES
all agree we still have fewer than before herd reduction.. DUUHHHHHH.....

#4.. Is the habitat getting better in your hunting area... that's still about a 50/50 position...

and the last question.. "are you still excited about Pa deer hunting" ...
majority still say YES !!!!

those are my facts that I use to help form my opinions.....
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/06 23:03:02 (permalink)
Where the trouble is on internet polls is and has ALWAYS been in the wording of the question...
Most I see are something like this..

Thats fine doc, if'n your willing to fund it, Id be happy to have a "real scientific" poll done,just for you.

#1.. Are you seeing bigger bucks now that we have ar.. majorty = YES, but still alot of little ones

no. Not when they cut the ow herd in half here, though Im sure that varies by area.

#2.. Are you seeing more fawns and triplets now ...majority = YES

No. because even according to pgcs own data, embryo counts, it wasnt the case. Nothing changed.

#3.. Are you seeing more deer every year now that the herd is rebounding ... majorty =YES
all agree we still have fewer than before herd reduction.. DUUHHHHHH.....

Yea, duh, because its a dumb questions. lol.

Ive seen it asked, and appropriately so, do you support the extent of herd reduction that has occurred in your area. And its NO by a landslide in every case. Course some "environmentalist/pgc/dcnr" type site, it might differ? Anyway that should be the #1 question, because its the number one problem.

#4.. Is the habitat getting better in your hunting area... that's still about a 50/50 position...

It is here, not that it needed to. See the answer doesnt tell the story. And overall statewide, pgcs data says NO. Which is absurd.

post edited by wayne c - 2012/02/06 23:06:12
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 07:45:16 (permalink)
quote:

Care to share any from the last three years.

Why put it on RSB..

Very simple----Because HE is the one who made the claim and HE is the one who would have access to the surveys if any actually existed. It's the same reason I challenged him to produce data supporting his claim of KNOWN LEGAL BUCKS which he was unable to do.

I wish I had a job selling licenses where I could have the time and freedom to have in-depth conversations with everyone who was waiting in line to purchase one.
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 07:52:03 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout
#1.. Are you seeing bigger bucks now that we have ar..

Yes

#2.. Are you seeing more fawns and triplets now

No. Twins were and still are th emost common

#3.. Are you seeing more deer every year now that the herd is rebounding ...

NO

#4.. Is the habitat getting better in your hunting area...

Yes. Never was as much as a problem in 2A and 2B though as compared to others areas of the state.
post edited by dpms - 2012/02/07 07:53:16

My rifle is a black rifle
World Famous
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 08:14:42 (permalink)
To Docs.. 1.No, 2.not sure, 3. No, 4. not qualified to answer....WF
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 09:04:09 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: RSB

ORIGINAL: DarDys

ORIGINAL: S-10

This is just one of the few remaining web sites where those apposed to professional deer management practices have been able to gather and post at any level of strength over those that do support scientific management.

Care to give any EXAMPLES of SCIENTIFIC MANAGEMENT that has been employed by the PGC that is different than before HR/AR?

1. The method of estimating deer numbers is the same method used in the 1970's
2. The PA SAK model is from the 1950's
3. Nearly everyone of the newer research papers references studies from as far back as the 1930's
4. HR was sold on 1,600,000 million deer which was a lie.
5.HR was sold on deer being responsible for Lyme disease which was a lie
6. Pa was using scientific deer management for 100 years. Just not the kind that put the Audubons birdies in front of the game animals.

The reason we are able to post with any strength is because we have been able to prove false most of the claims that the PGC's minions have been making on here. Sorry that upsets some people but perhaps if they didn't try to BS us all the time they wouldn't be proven wrong so often.

We are still using round wheels too. There has been no need to continuously reinvent the wheel because it works the same as it did 100 or even 1000 years ago.  

R.S. Bodenhorn

And those wheels are no longer made of stone, or metal, or wood, of in some cases, even rubber.  Those wheels may or may not have treads, may or may not be filled with air at varying pressures foam, or are solid.  They may be soft or hard.  But they fit the specific application they are intended for.  And the research that makes the changes, or more correctly stated, evloution of the wheel, is done by those that utilize proper methodologies because, unlike a psuedo governement agency, designing the research wrong, doing the research wrong, or coming to incorrect conclusions about the research has serious implications for their organization and them personally. 

And just who do you think should be making the decisions on which changes and deciding which are best suited for the future direction, those that have been educated on how to set up the correct research procedures or those that simply use the results of the changes?

What experience do you have to determine the wrong research is being done the wrong ways or coming to the wrong conclusions?

Why don’t you just tell your doctors how to treat your ailments? Or maybe head on down to the local sports bar when you need a broken bone set the next time, after all most of those people have probably experienced that a time or two? That would make just as much sense as what you are advocating for wildlife management.

R.S. Bodenhorn

The majority of your post is so silly that I won't embarrass you by responding to it.  However, I feel that it is fair to answer this question that you put forth:

"What experience do you have to determine the wrong research is being done the wrong ways or coming to the wrong conclusions?"

For over a decade I chaired a standing Focus Team charged with the strategic planning, continuous improvement, and responsibility for the complete business function including the interface between Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, and Operations for the second largest connector manufacturer in the world.  Part of that responsibility was new product design and process development.

With regard to new product design, the team, under my leadership, took conceptual ideas and put them through a PACE pipeline in order to determine their viability as desirable new products; the ability to be transformed from first an engineering idea to a blue print to a laboratory built prototype to hand assembly to semi-automated assembly and finally turned over to manufacturing in the form of an ISO registered automated production process; the amount of required capital investment at each development stage; the return on investment and time table for break even toward profitability; and to make sound business decisions based on science based research methodologies at each phase in the pipeline whether to continue with the product development, change the product development, or scuttle the product development.  Design of Experiment (DOE) was an integral factor in all of this.

As for process development, the main focus was to take past practices and utilizing rapid continuous improvement methodologies, experiment with improvements to the process or process controls that would result in being able to produce a higher quality product faster while reducing costs and increasing repeatability and product type flexibility.  This was done using DOE as the principle.

In both of these endeavors, a lot of money was at stake - both as capital investment that must be spent correctly and as foreseeable profitability.  There was little to no room for error so only acceptable research techniques, proven as reliable by the academic scientific community, were used in order to minimize "wrong research being done in wrong ways or coming to wrong conclusions."  Many of the research techniques used were approved by Intel, AT&T research labs, and the Research Center for Engineering at Princeton.  When the capital investment is in the 10's of millions of dollars and the potential annual profits are in the billions, with a "B," you get the research right by conducting the right research in the right manner and coming to the right conclusions.

As an example, the IBM Blue Gene Project, which is part of their Smarter Planet initiative, utilizes as its main interface connection, a product that the focus team took from idea to full blown production.  It is also the interconnect basis for the Watson super computer used on Jeopardy.  The business plan called for an 18 month time frame.  Utilizing strong DOE work, including asking the right questions before starting any of the research so that the DOEs themselves would be designed, developed and implemented in the best possible manner, this was accomplished in six months, saving the company millions of dollars in "wrong research" that would meet dead ends or delay the product's market introduction and increasing profitability by 100's of millions of dollars by beating the competition to the market with a higher quality product that was then designed into our customer's next generation of their products thereby increasing market share and guaranteeing sales for at least a 20-30 year product life span cycle.

Further, the team developed the connector technology, again using DOE principles, that developed the interconnect solution that permits video over the internet.  So the next time you watch a YouTube video or movie trailer, you are using a product that my team ran DOE's upon in order to either develop the product or refine the manufacturing of the product.

If practical, profit driven experience isn't enough for you, how about that I hold advanced degrees that required major research projects, including one that is being used by a global, market leading company to adjust their labor force, in order to have the degrees conferred?  Care to guess how those research projects were developed?  Thay's right, DOE methodology.

You see RSB, sound research methods are sound research methods.  It doesn't matter what the subject is.  It makes no difference if the experiment is for how to develop a new product, how to refine a process, test an academic principle, or even make informed decisions regarding wildlife management.  Proper DOE techniques are like the ABCs - they are the basis for sound research and as soon as they are not followed, that research is garbage.  I pointed out in my posts where the study as presented in the thread fell down on several basic DOE principles and I never debated the research itself, but rather the shoddy and unacceptable methodologies,, thereby rendering it to anyone that knows even the most rudimentary amount about sound, reliable, repeatable research as poorly designed, poorly developed, and poorly concluded.  Attack me all you want, but that doesn't change the facts that the PGC researchers didn't follow accepted research study methodologies.

Further, I do have an educational, albeit not a working, background in animal bioscience, animal husbandry, and genetics, so in addition to having been involved in hundreds of DOEs, I do know a wee bit about the breeding of animals and what the results can be.

By the way, if you go to the doctor and you think they are wrong because you are complaining of knee pain and they are checking your elbow, either get a second opinion from another doctor who may actually be using sound medical practices to determine your diagnosis or call the PGC and get that doctor some smart pills.   Lord knows that it appears that your researchers aren't bothering to use them, so they should have some spares.

post edited by DarDys - 2012/02/07 09:07:25

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
World Famous
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 09:18:05 (permalink)
I was waitin for that last paragraph......WF
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 14:05:18 (permalink)

By the way, if you go to the doctor and you think they are wrong because you are complaining of knee pain and they are checking your elbow, either get a second opinion from another doctor who may actually be using sound medical practices to determine your diagnosis or call the PGC and get that doctor some smart pills.   Lord knows that it appears that your researchers aren't bothering to use them, so they should have some spares.

Very impressive research/management background you have ther DarDys.
Color me impressed.

but I think you may have overlooked the possibility of a PGC Biologist (the one with the smart pills) being an abidextrous, double jointed circus performer in their previous life, so that elbow/knee thingy you mentioned may entirely hold water..

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 15:56:10 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: draketrutta

By the way, if you go to the doctor and you think they are wrong because you are complaining of knee pain and they are checking your elbow, either get a second opinion from another doctor who may actually be using sound medical practices to determine your diagnosis or call the PGC and get that doctor some smart pills. Â  Lord knows that it appears that your researchers aren't bothering to use them, so they should have some spares.

Color me impressed.

but I think you may have overlooked the possibility of a PGC Biologist (the one with the smart pills) being an abidextrous, double jointed circus performer in their previous life, so that elbow/knee thingy you mentioned may entirely hold water..

Thank you.

But in actuality, I'm just a dumb hunter that is primarily a goon, thug, and not a good guy.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
rmcmillen09
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 827
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 16:07:53 (permalink)
JT0817 are you referring to the moonscape out there on SGL 314 ? PS welcome to the boards (land of misery)
post edited by rmcmillen09 - 2012/02/07 16:10:52
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 16:49:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

By the way, if you go to the doctor and you think they are wrong because you are complaining of knee pain and they are checking your elbow, either get a second opinion from another doctor who may actually be using sound medical practices to determine your diagnosis or call the PGC and get that doctor some smart pills. Â  Lord knows that it appears that your researchers aren't bothering to use them, so they should have some spares.

Color me impressed.

Thank you.

But in actuality, I'm just a dumb hunter that is primarily a goon, thug, and not a good guy.

Yes, but you have been wormed like a dog with smart pills and it's showing....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 21:25:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: S-10

This is just one of the few remaining web sites where those apposed to professional deer management practices have been able to gather and post at any level of strength over those that do support scientific management.

Care to give any EXAMPLES of SCIENTIFIC MANAGEMENT that has been employed by the PGC that is different than before HR/AR?

1. The method of estimating deer numbers is the same method used in the 1970's
2. The PA SAK model is from the 1950's
3. Nearly everyone of the newer research papers references studies from as far back as the 1930's
4. HR was sold on 1,600,000 million deer which was a lie.
5.HR was sold on deer being responsible for Lyme disease which was a lie
6. Pa was using scientific deer management for 100 years. Just not the kind that put the Audubons birdies in front of the game animals.

The reason we are able to post with any strength is because we have been able to prove false most of the claims that the PGC's minions have been making on here. Sorry that upsets some people but perhaps if they didn't try to BS us all the time they wouldn't be proven wrong so often.

We are still using round wheels too. There has been no need to continuously reinvent the wheel because it works the same as it did 100 or even 1000 years ago.  

R.S. Bodenhorn

And those wheels are no longer made of stone, or metal, or wood, of in some cases, even rubber.  Those wheels may or may not have treads, may or may not be filled with air at varying pressures foam, or are solid.  They may be soft or hard.  But they fit the specific application they are intended for.  And the research that makes the changes, or more correctly stated, evloution of the wheel, is done by those that utilize proper methodologies because, unlike a psuedo governement agency, designing the research wrong, doing the research wrong, or coming to incorrect conclusions about the research has serious implications for their organization and them personally. 

And just who do you think should be making the decisions on which changes and deciding which are best suited for the future direction, those that have been educated on how to set up the correct research procedures or those that simply use the results of the changes?

What experience do you have to determine the wrong research is being done the wrong ways or coming to the wrong conclusions?

Why don’t you just tell your doctors how to treat your ailments? Or maybe head on down to the local sports bar when you need a broken bone set the next time, after all most of those people have probably experienced that a time or two? That would make just as much sense as what you are advocating for wildlife management.

R.S. Bodenhorn

The majority of your post is so silly that I won't embarrass you by responding to it.  However, I feel that it is fair to answer this question that you put forth:

"What experience do you have to determine the wrong research is being done the wrong ways or coming to the wrong conclusions?"

For over a decade I chaired a standing Focus Team charged with the strategic planning, continuous improvement, and responsibility for the complete business function including the interface between Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, and Operations for the second largest connector manufacturer in the world.  Part of that responsibility was new product design and process development.

With regard to new product design, the team, under my leadership, took conceptual ideas and put them through a PACE pipeline in order to determine their viability as desirable new products; the ability to be transformed from first an engineering idea to a blue print to a laboratory built prototype to hand assembly to semi-automated assembly and finally turned over to manufacturing in the form of an ISO registered automated production process; the amount of required capital investment at each development stage; the return on investment and time table for break even toward profitability; and to make sound business decisions based on science based research methodologies at each phase in the pipeline whether to continue with the product development, change the product development, or scuttle the product development.  Design of Experiment (DOE) was an integral factor in all of this.

As for process development, the main focus was to take past practices and utilizing rapid continuous improvement methodologies, experiment with improvements to the process or process controls that would result in being able to produce a higher quality product faster while reducing costs and increasing repeatability and product type flexibility.  This was done using DOE as the principle.

In both of these endeavors, a lot of money was at stake - both as capital investment that must be spent correctly and as foreseeable profitability.  There was little to no room for error so only acceptable research techniques, proven as reliable by the academic scientific community, were used in order to minimize "wrong research being done in wrong ways or coming to wrong conclusions."  Many of the research techniques used were approved by Intel, AT&T research labs, and the Research Center for Engineering at Princeton.  When the capital investment is in the 10's of millions of dollars and the potential annual profits are in the billions, with a "B," you get the research right by conducting the right research in the right manner and coming to the right conclusions.

As an example, the IBM Blue Gene Project, which is part of their Smarter Planet initiative, utilizes as its main interface connection, a product that the focus team took from idea to full blown production.  It is also the interconnect basis for the Watson super computer used on Jeopardy.  The business plan called for an 18 month time frame.  Utilizing strong DOE work, including asking the right questions before starting any of the research so that the DOEs themselves would be designed, developed and implemented in the best possible manner, this was accomplished in six months, saving the company millions of dollars in "wrong research" that would meet dead ends or delay the product's market introduction and increasing profitability by 100's of millions of dollars by beating the competition to the market with a higher quality product that was then designed into our customer's next generation of their products thereby increasing market share and guaranteeing sales for at least a 20-30 year product life span cycle.

Further, the team developed the connector technology, again using DOE principles, that developed the interconnect solution that permits video over the internet.  So the next time you watch a YouTube video or movie trailer, you are using a product that my team ran DOE's upon in order to either develop the product or refine the manufacturing of the product.

If practical, profit driven experience isn't enough for you, how about that I hold advanced degrees that required major research projects, including one that is being used by a global, market leading company to adjust their labor force, in order to have the degrees conferred?  Care to guess how those research projects were developed?  Thay's right, DOE methodology.

You see RSB, sound research methods are sound research methods.  It doesn't matter what the subject is.  It makes no difference if the experiment is for how to develop a new product, how to refine a process, test an academic principle, or even make informed decisions regarding wildlife management.  Proper DOE techniques are like the ABCs - they are the basis for sound research and as soon as they are not followed, that research is garbage.  I pointed out in my posts where the study as presented in the thread fell down on several basic DOE principles and I never debated the research itself, but rather the shoddy and unacceptable methodologies,, thereby rendering it to anyone that knows even the most rudimentary amount about sound, reliable, repeatable research as poorly designed, poorly developed, and poorly concluded.  Attack me all you want, but that doesn't change the facts that the PGC researchers didn't follow accepted research study methodologies.

Further, I do have an educational, albeit not a working, background in animal bioscience, animal husbandry, and genetics, so in addition to having been involved in hundreds of DOEs, I do know a wee bit about the breeding of animals and what the results can be.

I am sure you are well qualified to do research on the design of connectors. What does knowing how to design and market connecters have to do with understanding the research principles and methods used in wildlife management?

I don’t see that there is much that can be compared or overlap between the two fields.

As for second opinions, there have been many second, third, forth and so on opinions from REAL wildlife management professionals and researchers that fully concur with Pennsylvania’s deer research and management direction. In fact researchers and deer managers from all over the nation have been saying for decades that Pennsylvania needed to harvest more deer or it was going to reach the point where the deer populations of the big woods crashed. They have been proven to be right. It is about the same as if one goes to the doctor, is told they have cancer, gets the second and third opinion only to hear the same diagnoses then says I don’t want to believe that so I am going to just ignore their advice. Well guess what after a while it is too late for anything to change the final outcome.   

R.S. Bodenhorn 
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Majority has a vioce ? 2012/02/07 23:12:58 (permalink)
As for second opinions, there have been many second, third, forth and so on opinions from REAL wildlife management professionals and researchers that fully concur with Pennsylvania’s deer research and management direction

Ha ha WRONG.

But at least Byron Shissler, whose fingered as one of the "architects" and original "gangstas" of the deer plan and someone who was involved in the plan since day one-- gave his review of it, several years later as an "unbiased" third party. ha ha ha.

Then we have the company whose president is the former, fired for payroll allegations- pgc deputy exec. director, with the former pgc executive director also on staff.... Yeah, they gave yet another "unbiased 3rd party" review. LMAO.

The only one without a clear antideer agenda unconnected to pgc that gave an evaluation was Eveland. And it was a bit less than complimentary of the mismanagement.
post edited by wayne c - 2012/02/07 23:15:39
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: