Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting ==

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 10:20:13 (permalink)
Though no doe hunting signs used to be pretty common around here I haven’t seen one in 2F, or anywhere else, for probably twenty years or more. I’m sure there are still a few people that believe in and use them but I haven’t seen one posted in a long, long time.
 R.S. Bodenhorn
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 11:16:22 (permalink)
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 11:30:42 (permalink)
There used to be some here in 1B but most have all been replaced with No Trespassing signs now.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 13:30:18 (permalink)
I've been told by relation there are a few farms in 2F between Warren and the N.Y. state line posted No Doe Hunting and there is a group that way trying to convince more of the landowners to join in. I haven't seen them myself as I seldom hunt that area.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 14:27:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Where's the NO Doe Hunting Signs you said are showing up everywhere in 2F .. have you forgotten .. I want to check them out ... and get some pictures of them for everyone to see .... ?????????

Put up or shut up !!!!

now who's whining ???

Wha wha wha ! Never said "EVERYWHERE" another one of your lies. Just can't help yourself can you ? And how exactly you one know that the tree they are attached to is a 2F tree ? I know that your leash doesn't extend into my neck of the woods so I guess you'll never see them.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 14:36:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: S-10

I've been told by relation there are a few farms in 2F between Warren and the N.Y. state line posted No Doe Hunting and there is a group that way trying to convince more of the landowners to join in. I haven't seen them myself as I seldom hunt that area.

They are common in areas outside of West Hickory, Tidioute, Garland, Tionesta area, and over toward Oil City. Not as poular as the "hunting with permission" only posters but they do send a clear message. I'll post up some pics next time through.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 15:42:24 (permalink)
Here's what you wrote.. remember ??

NO DOE HUNTING signs are becoming very popular in 2F,

Now you are picking out just one very small area.. I would think if they were becoming so "very popular" they would be in more than one small area that is almost not even in 2F

What roads are the signs on, I have a relative that lives in West Hickory and I could verify it with him... ???
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 16:00:35 (permalink)

Here's what you wrote.. remember ??

NO DOE HUNTING signs are becoming very popular in 2F,

Now you are picking out just one very small area.. I would think if they were becoming so "very popular" they would be in more than one small area that is almost not even in 2F

What roads are the signs on, I have a relative that lives in West Hickory and I could verify it with him... ???

Very popular is a long way from EVERYWHERE as your lie stated, don't you think ? I'll post pics next time throgh.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 16:14:40 (permalink)
Save the trip.. just tell me what road to drive on.. is that that hard to do ????

I could call my "cuz" and he could check them out this afternoon and save you the trip..

don't tell me your afraid AGAIN to back up your remarks with facts... just give me a route number

He's on the "triple 666s" right out of West Hickory... ... any near there ????

Where else are they becoming so "Very popular", or is that the only small area you are aware of and wanting to keep secret ??

I have never seen any ... RSB lives and works in 2F also and posted he has not seen any in YEARS .... so just where are these very popular signs ???

Just name a road.... you're looking bad here .. you can't get anyone in trouble just by backing up your statemnent by giving a street/road to see these signs....

......OR..

do you have to go try to find one to get a picture.. maybe hang a sign in your back yard and claim that is one of the very popular signs showing up in 2F ????

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/21 16:24:07
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 16:37:28 (permalink)
Change my mind, I have nothing to prove to Trout !
post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2011/08/21 16:41:38
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 16:47:47 (permalink)

Don't have to prove it to me.. I knew it was BS when you posted it...

You posted it hoping other folks here would believe you...

that's OKAY we all post a little BS now and then
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/21 16:48:30
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 18:05:34 (permalink)

Don't have to prove it to me.. I knew it was BS when you posted it...

You posted it hoping other folks here would believe you...

that's OKAY we all post a little BS now and then

Don't need you or any of your relatives nebbing around properties that I and others may hunt. I have a good relationship with the land owners in several counties who post such and don't need a anti like you screwing it up !
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 18:23:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: S-10

Absolutely and several wooded areas as well. A lot of that area is very low on doe population and hunters are fed up .
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 18:33:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RSB

Though no doe hunting signs used to be pretty common around here I haven’t seen one in 2F, or anywhere else, for probably twenty years or more. I’m sure there are still a few people that believe in and use them but I haven’t seen one posted in a long, long time.
 R.S. Bodenhorn

They use to be available in some of the local stores but now the plain Posted signs are taking their place. The Pa Landowners Assoc. was also strong years back but it's also posted now with the yellow signs. Any of those Pa LO's signs still up over in Elk ?
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 18:41:58 (permalink)

Now you're agreeing with S-10 who said.. he was TOLD... ''a few farms in 2F between Warren and the N.Y.''

You said becoming very popular ?????

but now the plain Posted signs are taking their place.

I thought you just posted that the No doe hunting signs were the new rage ???

Don't need you or any of your relatives nebbing around properties that I and others may hunt.

Give it up OA.. the no doe hunting being very popular in 2F was a bunch of bull...

who said anything about nebbing around.. I just want to drive by and see the sign....

good try though .. I knew you'd try to find some excuses for your BS .....

No Hunting and No Trespassing signs are a different story .... more and more of them every year....

I'm done on this one now... fact is ... No doe hunting signs are NOT very popular in 2F ....

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/21 18:43:44
snydje
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 71
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 20:51:06 (permalink)
Triple 6 (Rt 666)is in East Hickory, West Hickory is on the other side of the river. Just saying.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 21:01:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: snydje

Triple 6 (Rt 666)is in East Hickory, West Hickory is on the other side of the river. Just saying.

I don't think Trout has any clue about that area at all. I'll bet he thinks that West Hickory beverage is located in West Hickory when in fact it's in East Hickory! LOL. Don't try and confuse the ole guy. He can't even remember the the names of the sportsman clubs he belongs to. LOL.
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 21:25:48 (permalink)
Hey 10
   Over 40 years ago when I was a young guy hunting Warren County a LOT there were a number of 'NO DOE HUNTING'  signs.
 You could go on those places all you wanted and hunt bucks though.
tull66
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1049
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/23 18:18:50 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Outdoor Adventures

Change my mind, I have nothing to prove to Trout !

There you go!  It's bet to use your head rather than gas on immovable objects.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The closer we adhere to the Holy Bible and the US Constitution (as it was written) the closer we get to the model that made America great. The great American experiment worked, human nature just got in the way.
tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/23 18:21:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: retired guy

Hey 10
  Over 40 years ago when I was a young guy hunting Warren County a LOT there were a number of 'NO DOE HUNTING'  signs.

...and it didn't matter where you tied up your horse.

I can't speak for other WMU's, but there are a boatload of "no doe hunting" signs around here.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The closer we adhere to the Holy Bible and the US Constitution (as it was written) the closer we get to the model that made America great. The great American experiment worked, human nature just got in the way.
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/23 18:24:17 (permalink)
Hey 10
Over 40 years ago when I was a young guy hunting Warren County a LOT there were a number of 'NO DOE HUNTING' signs.

I remember them well. A few folks are trying to get them started again but time will tell how successful they will be. I currently hunt one property posted that way.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/23 18:34:28 (permalink)
Come on guys there's no "NO DOE HUNTING" signs in 2F. Trout knows everyone for 10 miles and says it's all BS. LMAO !!
tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/23 18:43:03 (permalink)
Trout suddenly became believable??

Ohhhh, I get it.  You be sarcastic!

No Trout Fishing!

mr.crappie
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2549
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/23 22:10:25 (permalink)
Doc,I know this is impossible to get a straight answer from most hunters,but since I am slow witted I will try again. First ask your members how many of them would hunt on Sun. if it is allowed.Second,ask actual farmers why they complain about too many deer but threaten to post thier land if Sun.is allowed. Next ask your members how many of them complain about not enough deer,then buy 1 or more doe tags.When I go to our cnty league meeting & ask about hunting success almost all of them complain about not seeing deer,except of course those that have private land to hunt.Even then some of those hipprocrits will tell you that they don't hunt does on thier property but will go on public land to shoot them. I think that by allowing Sun. hunt. we will bring back the tradition of people going to camp since that will give them more opportunity to hunt in case of bad weather on Sat. it will justify the money that it cost to go for only one day. If the concern is thinking that that will kill to many deer,all the PGC has to do is lower the amount of doe tags issued.How many of us still remember the thrill of going to camp,esp. when you were young? We are cheating our youth of that experience which would I think instill a greater intrest for them.I think that also the PGC should also only charge the amount of printing the license plus the $2 that is to go for habitat improvement. Then they may change thier minds on how many tags are really needed. For those hunters that are intrested in filling thier freezers,they can ask thier local WCO for a road kill insted of letting them rot. BTW when I ask our members how many agree with A.R. no voted yes & when asked about H.R. almost all (out of 40 members present)said that we are killing too many does,but after the meeting these same guys said that they sent for 1 or more tags. Go figure. That is why when I asked the PGC to let hunters choose when they buy thier license that they must indicate whether they want to shoot a buck based on the old system or the current system & be required to do so for a trial period,say 3 yrs.they refused my request. That would eliminate a lot of guys from talking out of both sides of thier mouth. sam
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: