laurel hill creek 11/22

Author
coldwater
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points: 0
2007/11/23 19:28:46 (permalink)

laurel hill creek 11/22

my brother and i thought it would be a perfect day to get some trout fishing in before we spent the rest of the day watching football and stuffing ourselves silly with turkey.  so we choose to hit up the delayed harvest section of Laurel Hill Creek (near boyscout camp) for a few hours in the morning.  we'll we started out at about 9:30am and we began catching fish almost right off the bat.  there seemed to be lots of trout left up there and they were very active especially while it was raining. we caught a few nice trout and missed a bunch. the water level was finally at a decent level, too bad we couldnt have gotten some rain a month ago when the stream was first stocked.

hey guys be on the lookout for a middle-aged guy with tan waders and a walking stick, i think he was driving a black newer F150. the guy keyed out car because earlier in the day he was mad that we didnt say hi to him as we passed him on the steam.
post edited by coldwater - 2007/11/23 19:38:54

4 Replies Related Threads

HardCore Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 519
    RE: laurel hill creek 11/22 2007/11/23 19:43:25 (permalink)
    Alright on Laurel Hill, i wonder if the lower delayed harvest near the game lands would be the same, been achin to do some trout fishin but work ruins all opportunites and if i was you, if i seen that guy i again, he would be usin 2 walkin sticks lol.

Ronnie
    eye-c-man
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 223
    RE: laurel hill creek 11/22 2007/11/24 13:08:05 (permalink)
    I's ashame you can't park your car for a few hours & try to relax & forget about the worldly problems , only to return to your car & find that. The guy must have some real problems. Did you notify the park office ? That way they can keep an eye out for the idiot. Are you sure he did it ?
    coldwater
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: laurel hill creek 11/22 2007/11/24 14:12:04 (permalink)
    oh yeah im sure it was him, besides myself and my brother that a-hole was the only other person on the stream at the time. he left right before us so im sure he probably just keyed our car as he left. left a big scratch right across the hood of our car, down to the paint.

i dont know maybe we deserved it though, heres exactly what happened.  we had been fishing for a couple hours and it started getting cold and windy so we choose to hit one more spot before leaving. so we walked upsteam a little ways and i notice a guy flyfishing.  he is in the water below the bank so my brother and i walk by him.  as we walk by the guy says hi to us, my brother and i both say hi back to the guy.  obviously though the guy must not have heard our replys, it could have been due to the fact that the wind was blowing 30mph, leaves were rustling in the trees, and the stream was also noisy because of the fast water. so my brother and i move up to the next hole and begin fishing. a few minutes later the flyfishing a-hole gets out of his fishing spot and comes over to us and says, "hey you might as well have told me to go F**k myself."  both me and my brother had no idea what this guy was talking about.  so the a-hole guy says, "i said hi to you and you didnt say anything back, so you might as well have told me to go F**k myself."  so my brother responds to the guys absurdity by saying to the guy, "well maybe i should have told you to go F**k yourself."  the a-hole guy just grumbled and walked away.  so the a-hole must have gotten into his vehicle which was parked near the boyscout chapel, drove down to our car which was further downstream and keyed our car and then left.

i didnt know it was against the law not to say hi to strangers!  i've said hi to plenty of people while fishing and a lot of people just brush you off and dont respond.  i figure some people just dont want to be bothered, or maybe they arent talkative.  i dont care if somebody doesnt want to talk to me, i aint gonna get bent out of shape over something so stupid.
    smallhook
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 964
    RE: laurel hill creek 11/22 2007/11/24 20:00:14 (permalink)
    Keying someones car is never acceptable under any situation.  I generally always say hello when someone else says hello unless I'm holding a hook or fly in my mouth, then I just nod.  Some guys get angry over the stupidest stuff.  Even if you would have said "f__k you" it still gave him no reason to key your car.  I've never had a problem on that stretch EXCEPT with the property owner on the far side of that stream.  He has harrassed me numerous times asking to see what I was fishing with trying to determine if I was fishing with illegal bait.  That area is DHALO.  Your not even allowed to possess live bait in that section.
    Jump to: