LockedIceland - higland flyfishing photos

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 16:08:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: HCsteel

1.I can dish it but it wasn't worth it at the time...
2.I believe that I sent a pretty respectable PM to you in which I got back 2 responses with nowhere near the thought effort or respect level...
3.Go play with some moldy saimen Dime.

1. you're obviously misunderstanding me, you did DISH it by telling him to fall in the river and have his waders fill up... once i responded to your childish comment, you had a hard time recieving my comment... understand now???

2. your pm was far from respectable and i'll leave it at that...

3. check my response on the salmon river forum to your post... that fish is far from moldy. it's heart was actually still beating when i gutted it 2 hrs after it died. i fish the first 2 miles of the salmon river only for SALMON from beginning of august til mid september... the salmon i catch are far from moldy and quite agressive...

4. relax man, all i said was to get over yourself in response to your childish comment about someone falling in the river and having his waders fill up... in regards to cry babies as ginnis mentioned, i'd say we've got a winner...

in conclusion; there are no hard feelings here; just misunderstanding...tight lines
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 16:11:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: thedrake

If he really wants to share pictures, all he has to do is post them here on the forum for us to see without routing us to a link that is obviously pushing Trout Bum videos, and Loop rods/reels.

true drake; a respectable gentleman like yourself i'm sure would've explained it just like that to him. i'd venture to say his intentions were completely non commercial though...
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 16:15:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pheasant tail 2

I enjoyed the pictures. In fact, I hope the gent. posts more in future. Granted they were from places I will most likely never visit or fish. Nonetheless, cool pics.

As in life, some see the good, others see the bad.

PT2

very well said...

(i know kjh, i probably could've put all of these posts in one; sorry :)
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 16:43:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

ORIGINAL: thedrake

If he really wants to share pictures, all he has to do is post them here on the forum for us to see without routing us to a link that is obviously pushing Trout Bum videos, and Loop rods/reels.

true drake; a respectable gentleman like yourself i'm sure would've explained it just like that to him. i'd venture to say his intentions were completely non commercial though...

I'm not sure if the "respectable gentleman" comment was sarcasm or not...

Regardless, this guy has his own website, and is selling his own videos on it. If he is knowledgable enough to run his own website, he should have no problem learning to post a pic on fisherie.

Those of us in the industry should know better than to spam a forum with our products. There is an unspoken rule in the FF biz that we don't spam forums. In my opinion this guy was trying to push his videos by posting links that require us to scroll past his videos of fly fishing in iceland etc, to view photos of fish from those same areas.

dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 16:54:24 (permalink)
not sarcastic... i'm not in the biz myself so i wouldn't know. many years ago i thought about it, but i'm glad that i kept it as a personal fullfillment. you are right with your views on this issue (if you want to call it that)... on the flip side though, as you said "unwritten rules"... thats what makes spices up the pot...
HCsteel
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 732
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 17:08:12 (permalink)
If you think my PM was disrespectful I don't know how you made it through life to be an adult and god forbid reproduce. I completely understand your response to the waders comment and I still stand buy it. It was a harsh way to get my point across but it obviously worked. Im glad there are other people that can see through the facade that is his hotlink/website. I don't stalk you and have never been to the salmon river so all I know is they are moldy saimen but that must be just my childish inexperience.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 19:01:48 (permalink)
this is getting pretty comical... stalking??? whatever dude...

hey drake, sarcasm is pretty hard to depuct in here; and often leads to most disagreements and arguments... thank you for asking me if i was being sarcastic or not rather than just assuming i was

back to the thread... hey andre; are those browns and char native/wild??? i understand that many of the atlantic salmon stocks in iceland are reintroduced and hatchery enhanced. is it the same for the browns and char???
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 19:33:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: HCsteel

If you think my PM was disrespectful I don't know how you made it through life to be an adult and god forbid reproduce. I completely understand your response to the waders comment and I still stand buy it. It was a harsh way to get my point across but it obviously worked. Im glad there are other people that can see through the facade that is his hotlink/website. I don't stalk you and have never been to the salmon river so all I know is they are moldy saimen but that must be just my childish inexperience.

since i just finished giving my almost 4 year old son a shower after he helped me shovel 2 foot of snow today; and as i just gave my daughter her last bottle before bed, i had to come back on to commment once more... it's funny to hear a child comment on an adult making it through life and their roles with parenting; especially over some stupid internet banter... childish to say the least...i guess thats typical when coming from a child though...
HCsteel
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 732
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 20:56:25 (permalink)
It really is. I wouldn't expect any less from me, an 18 year old who is accepted to Penn State and their school of engineering and has an opportunity to guide out west this summer. Dam I am childish what was I ever thinking. Woe is me, I will have to sulk in the corner because of this internet message board.
P.S Must suck having to have your 4 year old son help you shovel snow, must be older than I thought.
Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 22:48:11 (permalink)
hey fellas, this is supposed to be a technical thread. either contribute or go back to junior high. If you have to flash your blogger muscles, use the PM function.

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
~by Henry David Thoreau~

dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 23:01:50 (permalink)
You're completely right riverbum... no need to continue any further down this path...could say a lot more but I don't have a Penn state college degree.
mohawksyd
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 854
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 23:09:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

You're completely right riverbum... no need to continue any further down this path...could say a lot more but I don't have a Penn state college degree.

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/28 01:58:22 (permalink)
Dime, HC, Ginnis...take it somewhere else.

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
DryflyTU
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 63
RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/28 05:00:04 (permalink)
OK, thread is getting locked. Future posts of commercial nature will be deleted without warning. As Ken asked, please take the verbal sparing someplace else.

Eric
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: