Author
Andre Brun
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/22 19:14:21 (permalink)

Iceland - higland flyfishing photos

Hi.
This is not the regular well known photos of expensive small/middle sized salmon fishing from Iceland, but
my photos from the fantastic and not-so-known-brown trout and char fishing. Iceland has some world class brown trout and char fishing, but it is not very well known to the public.

I've been there three times, and I have fallen in love with the place.

Click to see Iceland> Icleland photos

post edited by Andre Brun - 2010/12/22 19:24:56

43 Replies Related Threads

HCsteel
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/23 16:14:56 (permalink)
    fall in the water and hope your waders fill up without your simms wading belt on.
    Andre Brun
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/23 19:18:32 (permalink)
    Merry Christmas to you too :-)
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/25 13:42:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: HCsteel

fall in the water and hope your waders fill up without your simms wading belt on.

dude, get over yourself... i'll leave it at that;

nice pics andre, and merry christmas to you too...
    Andre Brun
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/25 17:55:40 (permalink)
    By the way. Here are the tragic reality of 2010...
    I knew they where going to make a power plant there during 2010, and today I saw the first photo of it. Kaldakvisl is destroyed forever as one of the finest fishing places in Europe.
    We tried to raise our voices, but that is normally not enough. So here is the new Kaldakvisl... I get so angry.

Kaldakvisl as we speak...

This is a photo of a friend of mine at Kaldakvisl. This fishing spot is gone - forever.

We try to raise our voice and protest to all this by making flyfishing films, write in magazines about the destroying of rivers, and get people interested on forums like this, but it is not easy it seems.
    So thanks to the positive ones.

Ginnis
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 42
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/25 18:06:45 (permalink)
    ^ dude, you look like jack bauer off of 24
    Andre Brun
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/25 18:43:32 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Ginnis

This is a photo of a friend of mine, as I wrote.
    But anyway: Don't anyone of you care about the big things in life - just comments on how people look and stuff? Hm...
    post edited by Andre Brun - 2010/12/25 18:44:23

=====================
    André B
    Ginnis
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/25 19:38:50 (permalink)

to be quite honest, reading what you wrote isn't something I need to think or care about... but do indeed fill us in how YOU personally are forwarding this overly-romantic movement.

edit:  you do know you are posting this info about foreign places in a pa relegated forum right? 

maybe if you wanted to spark a fire, tell us how we can get a hold on this marcellus shale epidemic!
    post edited by Ginnis - 2010/12/25 19:42:05
    Andre Brun
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/25 19:59:56 (permalink)

this overly-romantic movement.

This overly-romantic movement? Is that your thought? :-)
    Ok. Ok.

Ginnis
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/25 20:02:48 (permalink)
    come on brun! is that all!?
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 08:57:16 (permalink)
    In regards to this being a PA forum; i never saw the word pennsylvania in front of "fly fishing and fly tackle"; to my knowledge it's a specialty board... why should it be closed to PA fishers only???? any posts in regards to fly fishing should be accepted

Andre; thats an upsetting sight to see. unfortunately it has been and continuing to happen everywhere. even regions in Brittish columbia like the skeena river basin; oil companies mouths are watering to drill the headwaters of it. a friend of mine who lives there is on the forefront of stopping them, and for the past 7 years they haven't done it. it's a definite success story. the higher they try to plot a drill site; the closer his comittee looks in to the area, and to this date they've found spawning steelhead and cohoes in tiny little trickles of the head waters. 99% sure that it willl never be drilled. the funny thing is; is that my friend went up there to monitor grizzly bear habitat to have a better understanding of his homeland montana grizzlies that he was studying. meanwhile, 8 years later, he is an activist for preserving steelhead and the rivers they inhabit.

see what caring about other places and areas other than your own can do Ginnis... it's areas like the pacific northwest that made it possible for us great lake fishers to enjoy the fish we love.
    steely34
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1280
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 09:53:38 (permalink)

to be quite honest, reading what you wrote isn't something I need to think or care about... but do indeed fill us in how YOU personally are forwarding this overly-romantic movement.

edit:  you do know you are posting this info about foreign places in a pa relegated forum right? 

maybe if you wanted to spark a fire, tell us how we can get a hold on this marcellus shale epidemic!

Mr. Ginnis,
    Yeah this is a forum whose main topic is about PA. waters but there is never any harm in bringing about the attention to all of us when it concerns the threat to any body of water  - whether it be in Europe, Alaska, or here at home with the Marcellus Shale. Personally, I get interested and I feel we all should get interested in these threats. It affects us all. Next summer I will be fishing very close to the Bristol Bay area in Alaska for the first time and I hope, sincerely hope, that there will be a day when I can go back there and the sockeye and the silvers, and the kings will still be there. I'm not just going to fish - I'm going to see for myself the threat that is currently being delivered and you can bet that with the Lord's help, I'll be able to post some pics on here of the venture my son and I will take. Andre's images are quite amazing but the best one I feel is of the building of the dam in Europe. Hopefully this will not occur in Bristol Bay.

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 10:00:20 (permalink)
    dimlight... great rant... PWN, BC, MT, great lakes, steelhead, and grizzlies all in one blathering post... well done

Andre
    i'm pretty sure that the skepticism is due to the fact that these boards are mainly frequented but anglers of Lake Erie... most specific PA
    why would someone from Iceland show up and start posting links to his website (that isn't even in english)?

dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 10:11:54 (permalink)
    hey kjh, learn how to spell a little better and then maybe you'll be able to read and comprehend better...

there is nothing on the this board that states it to be a "pennsylvania board" it's titled flyfishing and tackle. it should be opened to all...
    steely34
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1280
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 11:47:07 (permalink)
    Perhaps maybe I spoke once again without thinking about it. Ginnis - your reply about what Mr. Andre wrote concerning the building of the dam in England isn't something you need to think or care about... I doubt that is what you were referring to (at least I hope not) and if it was - I apologize to ya by inferring that. I cannot imagine that is how you feel from your statement concerning the Marcellus drilling. I can get kind of worked up in defending our waters - no matter where they may lay. Feel pretty strongly about it all. Although.......... I tend to agree that to force link to a site that I think includes the sale of videos to see some pics -- especially when it's not in English........... that is kind of off the wall. But that's just my thoughts - for what they are worth....not much I'm sure.

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

glen
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 920
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 14:41:36 (permalink)

Jack wouldn't wear that rainbow bandana.
    Seriously, keep up the posts but don't try to sell me anything.
    Also, let Dimebright be your buddy.
    post edited by glen - 2010/12/26 14:42:30
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 15:24:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: glen

Jack wouldn't wear that rainbow bandana.
    Seriously, keep up the posts but don't try to sell me anything.
    Also, let Dimebright be your buddy.

and steely thought his thoughts weren't worth anything....
    HCsteel
    Expert Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 17:24:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

there is nothing on the this board that states it to be a "pennsylvania board" it's titled flyfishing and tackle. it should be opened to all...

Open to all except you. It is implied and known that most people here are from PA or have lived here at some point.
    Ginnis
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 17:53:03 (permalink)
    dimebrite... you should join the oxyclub

kjh, steely, and hc know what's up... you're here for two weeks, know virtually no one, and are preaching to a choir that is really not going to listen anyway, though I do feel it's important as far as issues concerning the protection of waterways anywhere in the world.

what's next? they're taking millions of gallons from patagaonia

I already own fly fisherman magazine
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 18:35:29 (permalink)
    theres no need to argue here. we all know whats up... we all have been around the block...just dont understand why you guys try to keep this board closed to new comers... yes, maybe mostly pennsylvania guys are in here, but why close it to just that. if you think i was preaching i didnt intend on it. i was just adding to the thread and was aiming it towards the topic someone else started. why post agression towards me??? why should hcsteel post nonsense offensive comments to andre?? theres was no harm here before he started... tight lines...
    atleast mine will be in a few days... also happy holidays to all...
    Andre Brun
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 20:49:54 (permalink)
    Ok. This came out all wrong it seems, so I am sorry. No "commercial" intentions here (hey, guys, it is in Norwegian - so it can't be commercial because no one would understand a word anyway :-) . I just posted some pics. And a sad story about a nice fishing spot that is beeing ruined. Sorry if that offended someone. Yes, it was far away from your backyard - too far, maybe. And not so far away when you really think about it. Anyway, I am logging off, for ever. Keep it a PA forum.
    Ginnis
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/26 22:13:20 (permalink)

you're really over-thinking this... i would stay and post. 
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 01:39:36 (permalink)
    see where sarcasm gets you... an honest guy just sharing his photos and a few thoughts... then he gets bashed... now he's closed out... yeah most of you will say who cares, but really all he was doing was being honest... most of you guys probably met through this forum. why should you shut someone out who's a little different just because they are not the norm... what is this highschool???? the regs can go ahead and make there regular sarcastic comments and bash me ... but just think about it. your forum is just a spec of dust in the wind... it wouldn't hurt to let it travel sometimes...
    Ginnis
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 02:52:50 (permalink)
    dude, again, not needed

what the regulars on this board could see was an obvious way for someone to advertise their own endeavors.

if the poster would have introduced himself in a different demeanor, or explained his intentions, i doubt anything would have been said.  the reality of the situation is that this board  has been used as spamming grounds before.  who is to say this poster is merely trying to get business as being a part of him being a member of this board?  you over-think things as well, and you're right, I doubt many will care if a new member leaves just because he caught a little slack over something petty. 

if you can't roll w. the punches, this might not be the right place for you socially. just sayin'
    Ginnis
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 02:56:43 (permalink)
    things are dull around here when the spices aren't added... you wouldn't last 30 seconds other places with the cry baby act.  there aren't even any regulations as to introductions here.  on most forums, even non-fishing related, you are asked to introduce yourself prior to posting. 
    Ginnis
    New Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 03:02:10 (permalink)

see where sarcasm gets you... an honest guy just sharing his photos and a few thoughts... then he gets bashed... now he's closed out... yeah most of you will say who cares, but really all he was doing was being honest... most of you guys probably met through this forum. why should you shut someone out who's a little different just because they are not the norm... what is this highschool???? the regs can go ahead and make there regular sarcastic comments and bash me ... but just think about it. your forum is just a spec of dust in the wind... it wouldn't hurt to let it travel sometimes...

im pretty sure most if not all facets of life. birth to death, harbor ways of accepting newcomers... it's an innate human behavior since the brink of social connectedness.  if i went to an iceland relegated forum, and started posting links and pics about pa within my first ten posts, how do you think I would be treated?  in no way were any actions or words said remotely harsh to the point it should deter one from posting unless they were indeed just a crybaby. 
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 11:20:51 (permalink)
    dude, it doesn't really matter to me... was just stating my opinion. HCsteel was pretty harsh with his first statement, so i commented back; and then it all started. obviously he can dish but can't recieve... i understand what you say with the spices, but many of them are little weak IMO... and for not lasting 30 seconds in a forum is not really a concern of mine. i just think you guys shut some good people out by being a little too set in your ways.

P.S. i'm that guy on the river that exchanged a simple hello to some of you guys while passing by; i bet SOME (not all) of the guys in here are the ones that snubbed me off or looked at me like i had 2 heads for saying it... but thats life, some people just suck... (i'm not directing this at you ginnis, just saying it)
    HCsteel
    Expert Angler
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 13:54:38 (permalink)
    I can dish it but it wasn't worth it at the time. I believe that I sent a pretty respectable PM to you in which I got back 2 responses with nowhere near the thought effort or respect level. Anyone that has half a brain can understand Mr. Andre is here for personal gain. If that is not the case then he should remove his hotlinks and work his way into the community, it isn't that hard to understand. Go play with some moldy saimen Dime.
    pheasant tail 2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 401
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 15:17:11 (permalink)
    I enjoyed the pictures. In fact, I hope the gent. posts more in future. Granted they were from places I will most likely never visit or fish. Nonetheless, cool pics.

As in life, some see the good, others see the bad.

PT2
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: Iceland - higland flyfishing photos 2010/12/27 15:32:23 (permalink)

an honest guy just sharing his photos and a few thoughts...

If he really wants to share pictures, all he has to do is post them here on the forum for us to see without routing us to a link that is obviously pushing Trout Bum videos, and Loop rods/reels.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: