Ready to go ====

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 15:12:24 (permalink)
By 2020 I may be past the time of caring. Sit in my camo rocking chair and shoot em with my crossgun.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 15:31:53 (permalink)
One of the others things to weigh is the added pressure to the SGLs...

Many folks have vowed to post their land... I know several I have questioned around here said they will post the land COMPLETELY... if Sunday hunting is allowed... they have no problem with hunters on there now for all of archery and rifle season (not there on Sundays).. they know they have that one day to do as they please on their own land without worrys about hunters who may be on the grounds...

I think if we went to shotguns ONLY in deer season they may change their mind those "bullets" do not travel as far outside of a safety zone... so they may feel safer walking around or doing chores on a Sunday or worrying about their livestock ..

Sunday hunting only for 2 week rifle deer season (2 Sundays) .. shotguns only.. I may even support that one ....

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/10/12 15:35:15
wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 17:43:25 (permalink)
"Maybe by 2020 when we get Sunday hunting passed by the legislature, we will also have had a license increase."

Id say the tons of gas money from our gamelands spoken of in the budget and finance report will be flowing copiously through their greedy little fists long before 2020.

"At that time, your concerns would be addressed by the PGC."

Yeah, thats how it works! lmao!! Pgc cares about our concerns. lmao!!

"They will gather input from their staff and hear from the sportsmen of the state, then make their recommendations."

And again.... LMAO!! Who are you trying to kid? lol. When is the last time sportsmens opinions have mattered with pgc? The enviros at Elmerton really love and respect us all of a sudden?
post edited by wayne c - 2010/10/12 17:47:37
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 20:07:38 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Many folks have vowed to post their land... I know several I have questioned around here said they will post the land COMPLETELY... if Sunday hunting is allowed...

Would they post it if small game was allowed to be hunted on Sundays?  How about turkey?  Deer are but one of many species that Sunday hunting may affect. 

Sunday hunting needs moved on and the PGC should be the ones to control it.  Lets clear that hurdle first then we can all hash out which species to move forward with.  At that point those that don't want Sunday hunting to include deer can voice their opinions. 

My rifle is a black rifle
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 20:10:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wayne c

And again.... LMAO!! Who are you trying to kid? lol. When is the last time sportsmens opinions have mattered with pgc? The enviros at Elmerton really love and respect us all of a sudden?

Not trying to kid anyone??  My opinion is that I would rather the PGC decide which species on what days rather than politicians.  Even if I disagree with a decision. 

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 20:47:29 (permalink)
"Deer are but one of many species that Sunday hunting may affect."

WILL effect. I dont see how anyone could not understand that giving quite a few more non-work days added to the deer hunting seasons WOULD effect what many ALREADY see as an overharvested resource. Now some may trust pgc to adjust allocations appropriately, but i do not. That has not been their recent history.

"Sunday hunting needs moved on and the PGC should be the ones to control it. Lets clear that hurdle first then we can all hash out which species to move forward with. At that point those that don't want Sunday hunting to include deer can voice their opinions."

As for voicing opinions, you know as well as i, the only way an opinion is heard by pgc is if it belongs to the enviro-extreme faction or some other antideer ally of theirs. As for hunters, they gave their opinion on the deer plan in regards to MANY issues pertaining to it for several years now, and were basically told to shut up and go away each and every time ignored. From what ive heard, same went for the crossbow deal. 90% of the input given was AGAINST. But they saw a way to get more tags sold and kill a handful more deer, so went for it. Point isnt to argue for or against crossbows, or in this post even for or against the deer plan. Just showing that pgc has absolutely NO intention of listening to hunters and giving them any weight whatsoever in any real decision making. And thats not my opinion, thats been proven over and over again.

"My opinion is that I would rather the PGC decide which species on what days rather than politicians."

Mighty brave trusting pgc even after the documented findings in the eveland report. I personally dont trust legislators all that much, but i trust borderline antihunting environmental extremists even less. I would agree normally any decisions of this nature should rest with a states wildlife management agency.... But we arent talking "normally" here. There is nothing normal about those in charge currently. Amends need to be made before we can trust them with much of anything at all imho.
post edited by wayne c - 2010/10/12 20:59:43
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 21:02:06 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wayne c

Someone would have to be pretty challenged intellectually not to understand that giving quite a few more non-work days added to the deer hunting seasons WOULD effect what many ALREADY see as an overharvested resource. 

It very well may.  The PGC may choose to not allow Sunday hunting for deer or turkey for some time.  Or maybe add one Sunday.  I wish that people would not oppose this based on the belief that Sunday hunting would automatically be legal for all species in all existing season structures. 

MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 21:25:29 (permalink)
I for one would like to see them go to just the sunday after thanksgiving and open rifle on the saturday after. This might allow people to begin to return to a semblance of what thier "deer camps" used to be like by freeing up a few extra days for them to spend there.

That would seem a sane place to start to me.
post edited by MuskyMastr - 2010/10/12 21:26:03

Better too far back, than too far forward.
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 21:31:57 (permalink)
"It very well may. The PGC may choose to not allow Sunday hunting for deer or turkey for some time. Or maybe add one Sunday. I wish that people would not oppose this based on the belief that Sunday hunting would automatically be legal for all species in all existing season structures."

There is absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. And i see no valid reason to ignore the strong possibility/probability of species involved. Especially considering, like it or not, deer are the states #1 game animal by a large margin. Therefore odds are, most wanting sunday hunting are DEER hunters. And we all know how pgc loves our deer herd! lol.
post edited by wayne c - 2010/10/12 21:33:14
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 21:39:04 (permalink)
"I for one would like to see them go to just the sunday after thanksgiving and open rifle on the saturday after"

Yeeee-ouch!. lol. A saturday and sunday rifle opener? That'll really grow our deer herd fast!
post edited by wayne c - 2010/10/12 21:42:33
MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 21:56:00 (permalink)
My plan also shortens the season by a week and still only has the same number of weekend days.....Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri....

I just think it allows people who wish to to return to a more traditional opener where they can stay at thier camp for an extended period and hunt.

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 21:59:29 (permalink)
Ummm, ok, didnt understand that part. Now i do. I have to say, given that, that i have to remain neutral. I see both pluses and minuses with that. Not completely for it, but not completely against it as i was previously. Dont really mind one way or the other.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 22:35:15 (permalink)
I just think it allows people who wish to to return to a more traditional opener where they can stay at thier camp for an extended period and hunt.

MM.. I am not sure what area you hunt or what deer camps you are referring to.. when I started hunting we came to camp on the Friday after Thanksgiving and stayed Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon.. we hunted small game on Fri and Sat and deer on Monday.. that to me is/was the traditonal deer camp...so not sure what type you are wanting to return to ???

and around here it is still that way -- most are here by Friday night and most leave Tuesday.. and many return the following Friday for a hunt then and on the last Saturday..that's been the traditional deer camps I have experienced.. ???

so I do not see how allowing Sunday hunting will change staying at or the traditional deer camps ??????????????????????? It will just add a day or two for many many more folks to kill a deer.
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/10/12 22:43:06
MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 22:47:50 (permalink)
30 - 40 years ago guys had mill jobs with 5-6 weeks vacation, it was easy to take 3-4 days off for the first week of the season. Not so much any more. Guys are rushing to get home tuesday which allows 1 full day hunting. The ability to spend 3-4 days in the woods with a weekend opener would be loved by many I know.

I do not know what camps you refer to, but the ones up north in the kane, bradford area are not getting near the use they would if guys had a few more days of deer hunting.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Ready to go ==== 2010/10/12 22:59:06 (permalink)
up north in the kane, bradford area are not getting near the use they would if guys had a few more days of deer hunting.

That's because there are no deer left there... or at least better deer in the southwest region than up there now...those guys are now hunting in those old steel town areas ...
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: