SPOT BURNING...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
JEB
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2248
  • Reward points: 0
RE: SPOT BURNING... 2010/09/07 13:43:35 (permalink)
Sure, who wouldn't want info on all of the special places that there are to fish. The problem is that people are just lazy. If I have no idea about an area, yes I might ask a few questions to gain some GENERAL knowledge about the area. But once I'm in that area, I go & do some exploring to find good fishing spots. We all ask advice on areas we are not familiar with, these are starting points. The real sucess comes from going out on your own and finding these places. I know it's hard to find the time in our busy lives, but that's how you do it.
If you want to find a spot in Erie that has plenty of steelies and limited anglers, good luck. But instead of asking, get in your car in the summer time and drive around with a map and scout some areas for yourself, learn the contours of the creeks and check on acess permission and so forth. This is how you learn about an area.
Just my $.02
SENIOR
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: SPOT BURNING... 2010/09/07 17:53:49 (permalink)
wah wah wah
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: SPOT BURNING... 2010/09/07 18:27:03 (permalink)
not trying to spot burn but i just saw the motherload behind millcreek mall jumping the falls on walnut... this rain really got them to come in
jolie
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 348
RE: SPOT BURNING... 2010/09/08 10:26:03 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: JEB

Sure, who wouldn't want info on all of the special places that there are to fish. The problem is that people are just lazy. If I have no idea about an area, yes I might ask a few questions to gain some GENERAL knowledge about the area. But once I'm in that area, I go & do some exploring to find good fishing spots. We all ask advice on areas we are not familiar with, these are starting points. The real sucess comes from going out on your own and finding these places. I know it's hard to find the time in our busy lives, but that's how you do it.
If you want to find a spot in Erie that has plenty of steelies and limited anglers, good luck. But instead of asking, get in your car in the summer time and drive around with a map and scout some areas for yourself, learn the contours of the creeks and check on acess permission and so forth. This is how you learn about an area.
Just my $.02

also No one can guarantee a great bite in a given spot, more than an hour out.  Fish move!  how many times have I hammered them somewhere then returned for the next three nights without so much of a tap.

I'm a great cynic of all these supposedly magic spots.

without moving you're just another lazy angler desperately hoping the spot will Turn on.  and with more and more certainty that it won't. 
No great angler has a Secret spot!  instead they have like 50 great spots, or they have like an entire map full of possibilities for different conditions. 

its funny. sometimes even popular spots are sometimes good ones.  pop in for 15 minutes and leave if they bite isn't there (and feel bad for all the bench warmers that are sticking it out).  Good post, Jeb. 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: