steellies

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
  • Reward points: 0
RE: steellies 2010/08/21 08:56:14 (permalink)
His question was: "Never reallly fished for steel in late sept or oct but was hoping to make a trip or 2 when do the steel really start running into the tribs?? "

Here is how I answered the question. He is 17. From that I assumed two things, limited time and limited resources. If he is still in school, that gives him 4 weekends in September to come up here. Now which of those 4 would be the best and offer the best opportunity? In 30 years of doing this, the best is still October and later, November is great. Last year WAS an off year, there WERE less fish. And before someone says it, I do walk. In mid October I was walking up to four miles a day in upper Walnut. The most fish that I marked in 4 miles of walking was 4. There just were not the pods that we are accustomed to. Glad for those who did well on Elk.

Most of the guys on this board freely share when the fish are running and will give decent information about it. Just look at the posts already on here. There is a lot of information openly shared. Watch the fishing reports, they also openly announce when the fish are in.
SonofZ3
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 657
RE: steellies 2010/08/21 11:21:48 (permalink)
"Defensive Strategy" huh? Thats a nice phrase when you could just say "lie". Yes, sometimes people ask for info that 10 minutes of research would get them, but don't sugar coat the fact that people on here outright lie because they think it will reduce pressure on public water.
sig220e
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 287
RE: steellies 2010/08/21 12:01:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: SonofZ3

"Defensive Strategy" huh? Thats a nice phrase when you could just say "lie". Yes, sometimes people ask for info that 10 minutes of research would get them, but don't sugar coat the fact that people on here outright lie because they think it will reduce pressure on public water.

right on! It is amazing how stocked trout will turn people into monsters!

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: steellies 2010/08/21 12:46:08 (permalink)
It is even more amazing when all the info is right in front of someones nose and they still don't get it.....

I mean how hard is it really? Look at the previous 400 topics on this subject and you will have found all your answers.
sig220e
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 287
RE: steellies 2010/08/21 13:33:49 (permalink)
Esox,

Interesting point.  I got this sayin' - if it bothers ya', don't look.  My take on post is as follows:  When seeinga thread and/or post, one gots 3 choices:

1. read and respond
2. read and don't respond
3. dont read  - just skip it

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
RE: steellies 2010/08/21 16:51:34 (permalink)

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
**commander**
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4216
RE: steellies 2010/08/21 17:01:38 (permalink)

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: