Kids fishing area

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
JEB
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2248
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Kids fishing area 2010/08/17 11:15:24 (permalink)

Big,

I really loke this idea!  However, IMO, the area has to be narrowly defined as to keep the "abusers" out.  For example:

1. Deisignated area for children 12 and under is a no brainer.  Only issue i see is how can you verify between a 12 yr old and a 14 yr old?  Kids today it is hard to tell what age they are and they begin to lie at an early age.  Then put paint on their nails and color their lips, who the heck knows.  An issue that needs to be resolved.

Solution to the above and just a good idea in general :
This is why I am in favor a "Youth License", it would provide proof of age for kids 15 & under. The same "age verification" issues can be made with kids that are in 16-17 range. They can claim that they are only 15 and can avoid buying an adult license. Make the "youth license" $5 per child, max $15 per family and use that money to help create and up keep "kids only areas." I have no issue with spending an extra $10 so my kids can fish and not be bothered by the No-manners idiots no matter where they are fishing. 
post edited by JEB - 2010/08/17 11:34:33
pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
RE: Kids fishing area 2010/08/17 16:34:02 (permalink)
Don't have a problem with any of this except how do you verify a disabled person if not by sight. Hell, we've all seen people with handicapped plates park in the designated spots who look healthier than I do. Christ I work with 2 of these. No problem doing the job, golfing, dragging deer, but they have that handicapped plate. Give me a friggin break! So don't think this wouldn't extend to handicapped fishing areas too. These "disability" plates should have to be updated yearly.
sig220e
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 287
RE: Kids fishing area 2010/08/17 21:11:15 (permalink)
Jeb,

Great idea and one I have supported all along. 

Pike,

I agree, there is a difference between handicapped, having a handicap, and being disabled.  I would like to see an area for Wheelchair bound only.  They can have someone "assist" them like some parents assist younger kids.

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

JEB
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2248
RE: Kids fishing area 2010/08/18 07:14:28 (permalink)
Sig, Thanks ! I think a youth license would be a GR8 idea.

As far as the disabled, handicapped issue goes I will say this. If the "state" considers you having a disablity then thats probably the only way to measure it and police it. Make it so you would have to produce a form from a medical doctor stating what you dissabilty is. My dad has bad knees and has trouble walking any kind of long distance. He still fishes a lot, but only areas that are easy to get to and mostly level ground. He does have a handicapped license plate and an area were someone like thtat would fish would be nice for him. I think thats the only way you could do it and monitor it.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: