regulations for trolling motor only lakes in pa

Author
russelln114
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points: 0
2010/07/05 13:45:47 (permalink)

regulations for trolling motor only lakes in pa

Hello. Does anyone know if i can carry my gas lanterns on my boat in trolling motor only places?
post edited by russelln114 - 2010/07/05 13:55:06

5 Replies Related Threads

gizmos
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: regulations for trolling motor only lakes in pa 2010/07/05 21:46:42 (permalink)
    IMO as long as the lantern is not a motor you should be good ..............

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4012
    RE: regulations for trolling motor only lakes in pa 2010/07/06 08:20:22 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: gizmos

IMO as long as the lantern is not a motor you should be good ..............

gizmos,
    I think he is asking because on some of the drinking water supply lakes like Wilmore, you need to remove your gas motor and any fuel tanks so it would kind of make sense to not have a gas lantern on board if fuel spills were of a major concern.  As for what the regs. say, I am not sure and you'd probably need to call the local DCNR office if they are the ones patrolling your particular lake. 
    Or, you could always just be safe and only take battery operated lights with you.
    gizmos
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: regulations for trolling motor only lakes in pa 2010/07/06 08:59:03 (permalink)
    Thought there would be a better answer out there. Makes sense ,but i would have only learned that here, or when I was getting a warning/citation. Hense the .

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
    FishDoc
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 20
    RE: regulations for trolling motor only lakes in pa 2010/07/06 09:06:20 (permalink)
    are you asking about a particular lake?  I fish a lake (March Creek) that is a drinking water supply, and is electric motor only, but you do NOT have to remove gas motors or fuel tanks. 
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: regulations for trolling motor only lakes in pa 2010/07/06 09:35:22 (permalink)
    I agree with FishDoc... I also fish electric only where leaving motor on is not questioned, but at another lake I go to it is clearly posted that you can't even be out on a boat till after July 1st, and even electric isn't allowed... so it is water specific, not 'state law'....
     There is no way they can print every rule that covers every body of water in any publication I am aware of.  That is why in replying to this question in another thread I suggested finding and reading the message boards I believe are common near the ramps (at least at most lakes we fish). These boards should clarify any special regulations for a specific body of water. If you still aren't sure then take the time to find out who the local water authority is and give them a call.
     All waters are not created equal and don't have the same rules in effect...

Jump to: