To All members ---

Author
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
  • Reward points: 0
2010/02/03 18:29:22 (permalink)

To All members ---

I stopped  in before heading to the club and wanted to respond to a request from the management of this site
that I received this morning...

they are strongly suggesting I avoid responding to the more controversial and combative post or replies
and to ignore them... and they will "handle" them...

so rather then risk my membership here,  I will honor that request... 

and just add my opinions, thoughts, pictures, and info with out debating or being  controversial

and I apologize to anyone I have offended here...

Thanks
Doc

18 Replies Related Threads

eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4012
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/16 09:24:00 (permalink)
    Who cares what management says.  They are moderating this site into oblivion.  If we can't debate relevant topics then what is the point of this "site" in the first place?
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/16 12:12:46 (permalink)
    I just saw this??  Don't get it at all.  Not defending Doc but he is probably attacked more than anyone else here and he rarely if ever sinks to that level. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    Fishtamer
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 235
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/16 12:33:05 (permalink)
    Don't always agree with the Dr., but believe in everyone being allowed to respond as they wish. As long as it is done respectfully, which his posts are.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/16 12:36:18 (permalink)
    "They are moderating this site into oblivion."

I don't know what you're seeing. But the whole HR/AR thing has been debated, heartedly, and heatedly over 30-50 threads. With very little moderation, or editing.

I sometimes wonder how folks keep track of who or what they are responding to ( in which thread ), when it comes to this topic.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/16 12:51:49 (permalink)
    I agree... we usaully do not keep on track very well with deer subjects .... and I am as guilty of that as the next guy..

the topic strays one way then back again another.... "Deers Wars" is a part of the hunting tradition now...
    I think there is even a book out with that title about the deer situation in Pa...

but it is the same on most boards and some are moderated too much to one side or the other..
    I'm glad to see the debate is allowed to continue with some "control" on the personal attacks being instituted now though...

I always enjoy a debate as you all know... and try to respect everyone for having their own opinions
    but as I said even I get angry and bend the rules but I am trying to not do that anymore.. it's easier (I am finding) to just walk away from the topic...  or ignore that poster...  at least for a while...
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/02/16 14:46:49
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/16 13:14:50 (permalink)
    Someone has to keep the lid on the pot to keep it from boiling over. Better a iron lid than a plastic one.
    wayne c
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3473
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/16 13:19:43 (permalink)
    I agree Dr. Trout. I see noone doing anything at all "out of line". I have yet to see any personal attacks from you or anyone else, and see nothing but "debate" sometimes heated debate, nothing wrong with that imho.

Controversial? Absolutely. These subjects are. Only way to avoid that is to not tallk about them at all. Combative? Guess thats open to interpretaion. I dont see it. We're all grown ups, and if theres been personal attacks, i guess i missed them. But as with all message board, moderators and admin are free to do whatever they like with it.

post edited by wayne c - 2010/02/16 13:21:21
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1892
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/16 14:39:05 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: eyesandgillz

Who cares what management says.  They are moderating this site into oblivion.  If we can't debate relevant topics then what is the point of this "site" in the first place?

WHAT!?!?!?

I can count on 4 fingers how many things I've removed on the hunting boards.

Ironhed
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/17 00:22:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ironhed

[
    I can count on 4 fingers how many things I've removed on the hunting boards.

Ironhed

Ironhead, are those fingers at least 1" in length? If not they may not meet the new MR (Moderater Regulations)

Dr. I would tell the management to go "sit on it" (for fear of being moderated for actual thoughts).

While I agree that with deer it is tough to stay on topic, because there are so many facets to discuss. If we are willing to waste our time here rehashing each individual point that is our perogative. If some are not interested in the topics, don't read the thread.

We do not often agree on here but you have never personally attacked me and I hope that I have never personally attacked you or anyone else.

If the management feels that a topic is out of line, then they should have the guts to step in and say so themselves, rather than ask members that have been appointed moderators to do so.

Welcome to the edited era of the FishUSA hunting forums.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 310
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/17 13:20:55 (permalink)
    I would like to reply to this thread to clarify what was actually said between Dr. Trout and FishUSA.  We gave Dr. Trout some friendly advise that we offer to any board member (this is an edited quote)

We strongly recommend that you do not engage people like ******** -- our best advise is to ignore them.  If they become a problem, let us know and we will handle it.

If a board member becomes abusive or harasses you, just email us at webmaster@fishusa.com or contact one of the mods and we will handle it.  We understand that some people can be jerks, and they probably deserve a verbal lashing (or maybe a real one as well) but that will not solve anything and will probably just get you into trouble as well.

For the record, Dr. Trout was never officially warned, nor was there a need to issue a warning.  This was purely some general advise from the FishUSA Staff.  However, per our regulations, any excessive harassment will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted.

Thanks.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/17 13:29:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Admin

This was purely some general advise from the FishUSA Staff. 

Trout - this could mean that you may be preceived as being high-strung. I would agree with that. Nothing wrong with that. I hope fishusa hunting board doesn't raise your blood pressure.

It's time for the snow to melt. I patiently await.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/17 13:47:15 (permalink)
    I love winter, but we could use a snowmelt bad...

Thank you Admin for the clairification. I appreciate the forum fishusa provides for us here. And in turn show my appreciation through business when applicable.

Ironhead does a good job moderating as it must be insanely boring to read the circular arguments here.

But in the end I will argue my points as long as I believe them. That doesn't mean I wouldn't sit down with those I argue with and have a beer when I was done........

Ok....ding, ding. intermission over.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/17 15:58:10 (permalink)
    Doc's cool.

He states his positions and tries to support them.  Nothing wrong with that.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/17 16:55:07 (permalink)
    I posted this two weeks ago not to look for support ( but thanks)

I was just hoping it would give us all a break and help us try to continue to keep our heated debates above board like most of us have !!!!

It's all Coooooooollllll   !!

We need to get together for a beer or two !!!!!
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/02/18 11:19:14
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/18 07:21:49 (permalink)
    "We need together for a beer or two !!!!!"

What, are you Obama now?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4012
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/18 11:16:48 (permalink)
    Ironhed,
    It wasn't directed at this forum or you specifically, more at the entire "forums" section of Fishusa.
    Rpgyard
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 93
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/19 11:55:14 (permalink)
    What does giving advise mean?
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: To All members --- 2010/02/20 00:25:15 (permalink)
    Trout is one of the most polite people on these boards. His opinions are often directly opposed to a lot of people who also post here, and that makes the board interesting. I'm having trouble seeing why the powers that be felt he needed "advice".
    Jump to: