Archery Bear

Author
henhouse
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 155
  • Reward points: 0
2009/12/05 12:04:55 (permalink)

Archery Bear

Just a thought; if 3,000  or so bears were killed with 140,000 bear license sold and 108 were killed with a bow and the number of archery hunters were not published that attemted to take a bear. But I would take a good guess that the success ratio for archery bear was real good given that the odds are that most bears seen would be out of bow range. In my area of Somerset Co. the locals refer to it as " bear baiting season". The same guys get a bear every year, even with a bow. Some of our local, so called, hunters have bragged about the PGC not finding a bait site at the kill area. These guys bait the area all year; then switch over to bait in buckets so that there is no sign of disturbed ground around the kill area. When the site is checked by the PGC , as they must do after a bow kill, all that is found is a gut pile. Smart poachers; Huh?

2 Replies Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: Archery Bear 2009/12/06 21:21:12 (permalink)
    If "your" local hunters are openly boasting about it I would also hope that you are passing along their names to the PGC? 

My rifle is a black rifle
    blaze16412
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 245
    RE: Archery Bear 2009/12/06 21:55:49 (permalink)
    Thats not right at all... i bear hunt the right way and the work you put into bear hunting is alot... how can you poach a bear and get the same satisfaction out of it? its not the same rush as when your walking and a bear runs out and you can shot it legally. i personally think people that poach should be put in jail... And i hope you turn those people in cuz thats bs....
    Jump to: