Fly Logic Logic Arbor Series (Large Arbor Reel)

Author
dietz31684
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 462
  • Reward points: 0
2009/11/30 15:31:39 (permalink)

Fly Logic Logic Arbor Series (Large Arbor Reel)

I dont know if this is a new reel for them or not, but I am having a tough time finding much info. (durablilty first and foremost)  It is kind of a dream right now, but christmas is coming!  Would love to pair one of these up with a 10' - 6 wt TFO Jim Teeny rod...man I love that anodized green look with matching wooden handle!  Not too crazy about the "fruity" dolphin looking feesh on the spool release....Also anyone have any experience with Fly Logic anodized reels as far as the finish holding up?  Thanks -

The FLO is also a pretty sweet looking reel....

I snag steelhead on the reg.

5 Replies Related Threads

2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: Fly Logic Logic Arbor Series (Large Arbor Reel) 2009/11/30 16:04:48 (permalink)
    Dietz.....been fishing fly logic reels for over 10 years now...........the FLA 5 will get you about 130 yards and a 7 wt line........it is perfect for a 6 wt line...........I have owned this particular reel and loved it........a little on the heavy side......but a great reel nonetheless--  I fished this reel with a 7 wt WF LINE and 20 pound micron backing

the FLO 456 is a nice reel.........for steelies I'd bump up to the 789.........althought the 456 --  130 yards 20 pound micron with a 6 wt line--would suffice........

I have owned roughly over 20 fly logic reels over the past 10 years.............sold them in hopes of finding a better reel........I have not found a better reel........these reels are flat out awesome.........

The FLP 567 is an amazing reel for the price and holds a ton of backing with a 7 wt line and holds plenty of backing with an 8 wt line

the wildberry color is my favorite.......midnight blue and mossy green follow.......

You can find them cheaply on ebay--  the fly fishing shop......the FLA 5 is about 159 bucks, the FLO 456 is 149 and the FLO 789 runs 149....sweet sweet deals.......

Just keep your eye out for the FLO large arbor reel--FLO 789 Large Arbor  Killer looks, but no backing capacity unless you drop down to 6 or 7 wt............this reel would be great on a 10.5 foot or 11 foot 5 or 6 wt switch rod

I was introduced to the reels of Fly Logic when I was in college.....1998.......fell in love with them almost immediately.......I have fished with some top notch reels.......sold them all and returned to my first true love....
    Fly Logic

I have also fished the FLA 10  --  used it for salmon fishing--  I put many salmon on the bank with this reel.......held a country mile of backing with a   10 wt WF-F line

again, can't say enough good things about Fly Logic reels

They even have a Try Logic Program--  you use your credit to CHARGE the reel or rod.........they mail it to you for free.......you have 14 days to try the reel or rod......if you like it--keep it---if you don't like it....tell them you are sending it back.....they will refund the money to your credit card

customer service is top notch
    post edited by 2Bonthewater - 2009/11/30 16:29:37

www.2bonthewater.com
    rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2146
    RE: Fly Logic Logic Arbor Series (Large Arbor Reel) 2009/11/30 18:15:12 (permalink)
    Have you tried their rods?

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    RE: Fly Logic Logic Arbor Series (Large Arbor Reel) 2009/12/01 18:43:41 (permalink)
    their rods are nice........I like the FLO series over the FLO+ series

I have owned FLO+ 9 foot 5 weight   ROCKET LAUNCHER  --  big river stick   ultra fast action
                       FLO+ 8 foot 6 inch 4 wt  mini-rocket launcher  --  really moves some line  ultra fast action
                       FLO+ 9 foot   8 wt   -- rocket launcher

I like a rod with a more med / fast action / fast action        I am not a whippy type of caster.....

I have fished their FLO 8'9" 5/6 rod and loved it---it is great for east coast fishing--  you can cast a country mile with it or keep it close and tight with roll casts
    My friend has a FLO 9 foot 6 wt and loves it........he has it matched with FLO MG 456 reel

FLO+ rods are very nice looking rods--  I just had trouble loading them at close range--fishing in PA, for the most part is up close and personal......every now and then you have to bang out a cast--the 5 wt and 4wt FLO+ rods were true rocket launchers.......I liked the 4wt better than the 5wt........

Once I get my life back in order.......I am going to get a 8 foot 3 wt FLO+ rod and give it a good work out.....I was told this rod is outstanding and matches well to their FLO 234 reel--

www.2bonthewater.com
    rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2146
    RE: Fly Logic Logic Arbor Series (Large Arbor Reel) 2009/12/06 09:24:33 (permalink)
    Thanks. A 3 or 4 weight is on my wish list for next year.

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    RE: Fly Logic Logic Arbor Series (Large Arbor Reel) 2009/12/08 11:32:55 (permalink)
    they do make a FLO 4/5 wt that is 8 foot 9 inches

I will be trying to get this rod for the spring..........along with the FLO+ 8 foot 3 wt

If you guys like the rods and reels........check out their shirts:  aqua design
     I do plenty of wild trout fishing and their shirts are truly helpful--comfy too......and very nice looking
    Stealthy !!!

go to their website--  really neat clothing--functional
    http://www.aquadesign.com/

www.2bonthewater.com
    Jump to: