And....The bad news!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
sugarfuzz12
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 527
  • Reward points: 0
RE: And....The bad news! 2009/11/12 13:33:46 (permalink)
ya bull i didn't ask but figured he would of said something with the two of us looking all over the woods.  the guy is an **** anyways.  got him back though took my brother prime time to cut the antler off while he was in the stand.  when he asked what we were doing i told him cutting the antler off of the first buck my brother shot and that u watched fall. oh well he ended up shooting a nice spike later in the year.
CrossForkWookie
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 164
RE: And....The bad news! 2009/11/12 13:37:24 (permalink)
More times than not I hear "I saw this deer running through the woods and shot" either because it was a)  a doe and they had a doe tag or b) they saw enough horn to think it was legal.  This is in rifle seasons, so the safety issue of why they are peppering the woods with bullets at a deer immediately comes to mind..........point being some people just don't have the standards of others in the woods.  And it will always be that way unfortunately.  You wouldn't think this would be such a problem with mistake bow kills of bucks because of closer distances.......but I guess once and idiot always an idiot no matter what you're hunting with.

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: And....The bad news! 2009/11/12 14:11:42 (permalink)
You can't fix "STUPID"....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8508
RE: And....The bad news! 2009/11/12 14:44:44 (permalink)

tmiller
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 164
RE: And....The bad news! 2009/11/12 20:22:02 (permalink)
I hit a 7 point hard last year with my 30-06 found chunks of what looked like lung, as long as my hand. watched it crash in a thicket 60 yds from me. never heard nothing else. went after it and it took off. followed the blood trail for about 75 yds. I look up and it was right in front of me, jumped up never got another shot on it. where it fell the second time tons of blood,puddle. never seen the deer again. kicked the bush till dark and 6 hrs the day after couldn't find it anywhere. still sick to my stomache about it..........it happens......... no guarantees.
byahn32
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 139
RE: And....The bad news! 2009/11/13 19:32:39 (permalink)
As for the shoot and let lay ....

according to reports I have received from a couple WCOs, it appears some male 17-19 year olds are finding it fun and enjoyable to just shoot the deer like it were a video game and just drive off to the next field and do it again...

I have seen reports of up to 6 deer shot in a field and just left there to rot.....
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

As for the shoot and let lay ....

according to reports I have received from a couple WCOs, it appears some male 17-19 year olds are finding it fun and enjoyable to just shoot the deer like it were a video game and just drive off to the next field and do it again...

I have seen reports of up to 6 deer shot in a field and just left there to rot.....

that ****es me off big time.. im 22 and that sickens me.. ruins hunting for every1 in that area and gives hunters a bad rap. making it harder to get permission

Mossy doesnt need more beer.. i need cherry juice.
krott243 rivals Zonk for position of darth vader!!

loopys unofficial group member lol (i peer through the window on meetings)
byahn32
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 139
RE: And....The bad news! 2009/11/13 19:35:03 (permalink)
as far as mistaken points for AR.. i find it really hard to believe any1 could not count points.. i mean i know its hard to count up to 4 for some people.. but if you can count to 3 and there still points lol.. if i ever acidently shot a under restriction deer.. i would let it lay.. a deer is a deer all taste the same.. just tag it and do it yourself.. why should the animal be wasted for your mistake

Mossy doesnt need more beer.. i need cherry juice.
krott243 rivals Zonk for position of darth vader!!

loopys unofficial group member lol (i peer through the window on meetings)
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: And....The bad news! 2009/11/16 14:43:14 (permalink)
I have not read the other responses.  I've found one 4 point with a broadhead in its spine.  (Confirmed by warden).   Shooter musta unscrewed the arrow after seeing it was not legal.

Found a buck I was hunting (I've got to assume), dead with no head.  No holes, musta been a head shot.  The warden made it by 9:30... and the body was still warm.   Just missed the son of a..

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: