WHAT TO THINK OF THIS

Author
chicken27
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 763
  • Reward points: 0
2009/10/01 20:15:02 (permalink)

WHAT TO THINK OF THIS

We went tonight to pull two trail cams out of the posted farm we hunt.So i went an ask the landowner if i was allowed to drive up the gas well roads to hunt she said yes.I talked to her a little bit longer.Then she said she wanted to give me a permission slip to hunt there never did this before.Then she continue to give me a forum to fill out with my truck plate number make and model and hunting license number.I think some jackoffs have been sneaking in there or something what do you think????????

7 Replies Related Threads

16506fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 433
    RE: WHAT TO THINK OF THIS 2009/10/01 20:41:13 (permalink)
    I'd say she either wants to know who u are or doin it for insurance reasons..... could be people sneakn in- no such thing as a secret spot, and posted land doesnt mean much to others unless your there 24/7 watchn it
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: WHAT TO THINK OF THIS 2009/10/01 23:15:15 (permalink)
    Probably just a landowner concerned about who is using their property.

Actually a hunter should have all that info on a card that he can present to the landowner when he ASKS permission to hunt..

When I lived in Colorado you used to get them with your liscence..Wish they would do that here..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

CrossForkWookie
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 164
    RE: WHAT TO THINK OF THIS 2009/10/02 13:04:11 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

Probably just a landowner concerned about who is using their property.

Actually a hunter should have all that info on a card that he can present to the landowner when he ASKS permission to hunt..

When I lived in Colorado you used to get them with your liscence..Wish they would do that here..

I give name, address, phones (all of them) and vehicle info to every landowner whose property I ever hunted on.  If you lived there you'd want to know who was coming and going too.  It's the right thing to do.  A little gesture like that goes a long ways in building a trustful relationship up with that person.
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: WHAT TO THINK OF THIS 2009/10/02 13:12:53 (permalink)
    I make sure that the landowner know all my vehicles.  that is on property that I have been hunting for years.  New properties I take my info card in.  It says I have permission, I won't sue him, what I drive and what I have permission to hunt.  We sign them, he keeps one and I keep one.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: WHAT TO THINK OF THIS 2009/10/02 18:39:28 (permalink)
    I keep info to give to landowners too. I think it shows that I'm responsible and accountable for my actions. I think it makes landowners feel that I'm on their side rather than I just wnat to take advantage of their property.
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1892
    RE: WHAT TO THINK OF THIS 2009/10/02 23:40:16 (permalink)
    Why didn't you ask her?
    <scratching head>

Ironhed
    aceboogie
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: WHAT TO THINK OF THIS 2009/10/09 12:18:24 (permalink)
    that's the same deal we got over in ohio. seems to work great fro us and keeps the riff raff out. in four years the landowner has had five individuals removed from his property. four in the first year. After that word got around to the locals that he wasn't playing around and since then has been a huge deterrant for people.

"say when..."
    Jump to: