WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF

Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/17 15:56:20 (permalink)

WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF

Well i'm new to this as well.  i am a year round salmon river fisherman myself.  i ahve property up there on the river and i try to make 2 trips a month 12 months out of the year.  i live in jersey.  seems to be some good guys in here. my brother and father are on their way up there right now, so i'm pretty jealous of them.  but i can't complain too much because i've put many fish on the bank already this year.  well, talk to you guys later...

8 Replies Related Threads

Hav2Fish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 34
    RE: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF 2009/09/17 16:36:57 (permalink)
    Hello dimebrite,
    I'm really glad to see you and others joining this board.  I hope others join as well and the posts remain in good taste and about the great Salmon River/Lake O fishery.  It's a great forum to share knowledge.
    I've been going for 10+ years for steel and salmon and I have to say I'm addicted.  The only downside is not getting to fish as often as you and others who post.  I also must say I am very envyous of your river property.  That must be cool!!
    Here's to a good year!!
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF 2009/09/17 16:41:31 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dimebrite

Well i'm new to this as well.  i am a year round salmon river fisherman myself.  i ahve property up there on the river and i try to make 2 trips a month 12 months out of the year.  i live in jersey.  seems to be some good guys in here. my brother and father are on their way up there right now, so i'm pretty jealous of them.  but i can't complain too much because i've put many fish on the bank already this year.  well, talk to you guys later...

Very nice! welcome aboard!  I'm headed up this weekend also leavin Fri nite, commin from jersey myself.
    bunch of nice guys here with lots of info and reports! 
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF 2009/09/17 16:47:33 (permalink)
    Welcome, Welcome.. It's great to have a good growing core group here that will share info and keep thing nice and light..
    DB you have been doing a great job at the updates and your input toward helping others is great.
    I have been here a long time (1 of the last of the old timers) and I must say this year on this forum seems to be the best ever. We may not have all the flashy bells & whistles other forums have but we also (this year) don't have all the B.S..

I stopped posting much on the SR forum due to the above reasons but as you see our group in the eastern section has been nothing short of fantastic due to all the right folks it seems the SR section is on the right path.

You all deserve a a big thank you...

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF 2009/09/17 19:58:46 (permalink)
    I can't add anything to what's been said. Welcome aboard. it's nice to talk Salmon River again.
    I have been slacking because I toasted my back a while ago & before that my elbow. That being said all this talk has me fired up!
    I'm ddying to get up there.
    Keep it coming guys- we're here all year!

Lyrical
    straw
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 56
    RE: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF 2009/09/17 20:36:19 (permalink)
    Hello Dimebrite, I'm glad you found this site. There is some great info. here. I will be going up on the 27th with my two boys for a few day. Let us know if you'll be up there. Where do you live in Jersey? We are in Westfield but grew up in Whitehouse Sta.
    Fish on!
    Straw
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF 2009/09/17 21:28:36 (permalink)
    well, thank you for the warm welcome.  let us all help each other... whether it's reporting good or bad, or helping the beginner... or the expert. no one is perfect... fish on
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF 2009/09/17 21:53:40 (permalink)
    by the way, have2fish... don't be envious, my land is open to all.  i have a 30 ft. from the bank walking easment for all fisheman to enjoy.  i have 900 ft. just below the trestle pool on the rt. 13 side. all are welcome. it's actually a great high water spot.  sometimes i go back there in late salmon season and just listen to the ferocity in the water.  there are a few feeder creeks as well back there.  steelies and cohoes and kings... wild strains... it's pretty ****in awesome.  i just observe this though.  you'd be surprised where those fish make it when that water gets high, and i mean whe n it gets high...all are welcome.  from my side of the river, smaller spinning gear is best suited, but in the head a spey rod works well.  from the other side, it's fair game for all tactics... fish on to all... oh yeah, did i mention winter steelhead winterize in the month of december in my hole... shhhhh, don't tell anyone...
    oldcanepole
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 17
    RE: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE MYSELF 2009/09/17 22:11:38 (permalink)
    From one noob (this forum) to another, welcome aboard ye ole sea dog! What a great idea, I'm gna do it too!
    Jump to: