late report

Author
Over the Hill
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2382
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/11 15:22:40 (permalink)

late report

We fished the lake last week and had a blast. 5 stacks to Mexico bay. LOTS OF FISH OUT THERE AND VERY COOPERATIVE! A great trip. All silver. Half hoes and half kings. Biggest,33lb king. most in mid 20's, cohoes mid teens to 20lb biggest. Great eating. Not too many lamprey marks either. Green glow/mt dew in early morn, chrome w/pearl-blue when the sun came up. All on flies... No metal hits at all. One day just about all on dipsey's, next day, riggers, then dipsey's. Throw a spread out then dial it in. Waves were perfect... No big waves at all.

Hit the Salmon River in the afternoons for other critters and had a ball with the other species. Perfect weather and decent flows 350cfs...

There were SOME kings/cohoes at the rt. 3 bridge along with 30 or so fisherman/woman on bridge.... Too many crossed lines for me.

I didn't jump any kings or cohoes upriver. If there were any, they were in the deep holes. Never saw any roll either.

Perfect timing before the madness begins/began. Very relaxing trip. For those who never went out on the lake, now is the time. You will be spoiled for life!

Sorry again for the late post, busier than he** this week. Still have to download my camera pics and post when I can.... OTH

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...

6 Replies Related Threads

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: late report 2009/09/11 20:12:08 (permalink)
    Sounds like you were into good fish. Strong work!

Lyrical
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    RE: late report 2009/09/12 17:43:20 (permalink)
    Hit 'em good for four days in a row... Spoiled now...LOL! Nothing like when a plan all falls in together. Makes up for the so-so days in between.

Will post pics tonight if I don't run up again. Trick is to get out of the house without her knowing...

post edited by Over the Hill - 2009/09/12 19:32:29

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    RE: late report 2009/09/12 19:33:07 (permalink)
    post edited by Over the Hill - 2009/09/12 19:35:02

Attachment(s)

OVER THE HILL

Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    RE: late report 2009/09/12 19:33:21 (permalink)
    Smaller ones for the freezer. I personally like the Cohoes the best for eating/smoking. Bigger fish are great for pictures, but I think the smaller ones are better eating. Same thing with lakers, bigger fish more fats to cut off.

I made some jerkey from these guys and I enjoying it as I type with a few cold ones... Salty cured salmon and beer.....
    post edited by Over the Hill - 2009/09/12 19:48:11

Attachment(s)

OVER THE HILL

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: late report 2009/09/12 20:12:41 (permalink)
    That sounds good. I had some soaked in Brine then smoked. I liked it.
    I wish they stayed Silver in the river (Kings). Coho's get beautiful though. I gotta get one.

Lyrical
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    RE: late report 2009/09/12 21:58:17 (permalink)
    Salmo: Your right about Cohoes with their coloring. Give them time, though there is less No's, great colors in late October/early November.

Keep at it, you'll get one. I'm the opposite of you. Years ago the first Salmon I caught were hoes, I was disappointed and wanted a good sized Kings instead. Don't get me wrong, I still love catching kings, (I think they fight harder lb 4 lb), but, now I like to eat the hoes. Just a preference.

Best of luck with your hoe quest and don't EVER give up, no matter what time of day it is. They move more than Kings.

OVER THE HILL

Jump to: