they would use a little common sense and not harass people who
are there to relax, not get the 3rd degree. Anyone else have this
problem over there?

6 Replies Related Threads

McFishin
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 199
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: paradise lakes 2009/09/04 11:19:38 (permalink)
    never fished there, but I know alot of pay to fish lakes have some morons for operators. This lake close to my house has a "40 foot cast" rule. If you cast more than, what they think is 40 foot, they will come to you and let you know about it. Their reasoning is the lake is 80 feet wide so if you cast more than 40, you are casting into the person across from you's space. I was one of about 3 people at the lake that day, and I just kind of looked at him with the WTF look. And proceeded to reel my rod in about 5 feet when he said, "Ok, that's good"...haha...I thought it was hilarious afterwards.
    PARA101
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 27
    RE: paradise lakes 2009/09/04 12:31:28 (permalink)
    I usually do not reply to posts like this but I want to set the record straight.  I run paradise for my dad and I was made aware of this situation from the guys that were fishing around you when my dad approached you.  They said he spoke to you politely and your rods were over 20 yards apart.  That in my estimation is alot more than 10 feet.  You should get your facts straight when you are going to slander someone!!    Paying $12.00 does not give you the right to do whatever you want.  And no one likes to get caught doing something wrong.  Rules are made to be followed!!   I am yet to catch someone doing something wrong and they are happy about being caught.
    pacarper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 463
    RE: paradise lakes 2009/09/04 12:39:45 (permalink)
    Well, it's their lake, their rules. Not sure if there is a specific rule that states how far apart the rods can be, but there might be now, if there wasn't.  Some lakes are more sticklers about rules than others, some are more laid back.  Then there are always the unwritten rules.
    As far as casting distance, many of the carp lakes down in NC have ropes strung down the middle of the ponds with little buoys as markers that set visual and physical boundaries on where to cast from each spot.  The ropes can be a real pain, but sometimes I think they would be a good idea up here with the way some guys cast at the PA paylakes.

How have the carp been rippin' at Paradise recently?  Ain't been down there to fish in a few years.
    PARA101
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 27
    RE: paradise lakes 2009/09/04 12:43:00 (permalink)
    They are really hot and cold with the lack of rain.  catching some fish mostly 15-16 pounders with a 22 pounder mixed in. 
    pacarper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 463
    RE: paradise lakes 2009/09/04 12:49:00 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: PARA101

They are really hot and cold with the lack of rain.  catching some fish mostly 15-16 pounders with a 22 pounder mixed in. 

Cool, thanks.  Was just checking out some of the carp/buffalo pics on your website, and saw a few pigs-----one even looked like it might be a grass carp (white amur), couldn't see the head of the fish in the photo so wasn't sure?
    SmMouthSeeker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 541
    RE: paradise lakes 2009/09/04 15:33:42 (permalink)
    Rules are made to be followed!!

No further explaination is needed. It makes no difference of how many people are around. You paid the fees and agreed to the rules. From the way it sounded in PARA101 message, the people fishing by you didn't appreciate you fishing in this manner either. I know I wouldn't. If I saw somebody breaking the rules, I'll be wondering why nobody is enforcing them and allowing people to do what ever they wanted. Good Job Paradise Lake.
    Jump to: