Rocky River report

Author
beerman
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1314
  • Reward points: 0
2007/03/29 18:59:29 (permalink)

Rocky River report

I fished the Rocky this morning with a budddy from Columbia Station.
It was a good day for catching steelhead and the pesky suckers.  Best bite was the first two hours of daylight.  Estaz buggers were the ticket.

Question is; what's your opinion on how many more weeks of good steelie fishing are left at the Rocky?

changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes....nothing remains quite the same

The Beerman ~ Greg

6 Replies Related Threads

beerman
    Pro Angler
    RE: Rocky River report 2007/04/03 23:21:03 (permalink)
    A couple of friends and I are thinking about hitting the Rocky on Thursday morning.  Not sure how much bad weather we are going to get.  Anybody else fishing for steelhead around Cleveland this spring?  (please don't publish any exact locations out over the internet)....  IMO the fish are there and a little bit bigger than in the past few seasons.
    post edited by beerman - 2007/04/04 10:56:38

The Beerman ~ Greg
    M2Arms
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Rocky River report 2007/04/05 22:20:27 (permalink)
    Based on what I saw two days ago, the run is pretty much over. I have heard tails (tales - sorry) of fish being seen going out of the Chagrin. All I know is, the holes that had fish in them were clear enough to see that there were no fish.

The Maumee on the other hand...
    neaphyte
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: Rocky River report 2007/04/06 09:12:19 (permalink)
    Beerman, this comes to you late, but maybe you where snuffed out by the weather and rescheduled. I fished the easternmost Oh. trib last Friday and found fish. You have to look some but they are in what appears to me prespawn holding in the deeperchannels and heads of pools near gravel waiting for the afternoon sun to warm the water a bit over the gravel. We did alot of walking but it was worth it.
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: Rocky River report 2007/04/07 13:41:12 (permalink)
    Greg, how you been ? Randy & me plan on seeing you @ the oil ceek outing. Someday I'm going to venture into Ohio when it's not blown (been my luck when I've tried) for steel. In Ohio all summer long for eyes though.  I think I'm about done for steel this year. Getting ready for some pelletheads and saugeye in Ohio.  Take care.  Dave
    beerman
    Pro Angler
    RE: Rocky River report 2007/04/09 18:21:03 (permalink)
    Sorry for the late reply....  We ended up fishing Thursday, April 5th, in the inclement weather and all.  We caught a few steelies, but nothing like the previous week.  The fish were a little sluggish and many were on the spawning beds.  IMO the spring run is far from over though.  We saw many fish on the move.  See the Dfishinfool's report from last week on the reports page.

The Beerman ~ Greg
    beerman
    Pro Angler
    RE: Rocky River report 2007/05/08 23:44:38 (permalink)
    Is anybody still catching steelhead in the Rocky, a simple yes or no is enough? 
    Yes, my buddy is still picking up a few.

The Beerman ~ Greg
    Jump to: