Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/06/09 18:00:16 (permalink)

No Jimmy ?

Whats up Bro ?
no post in 9 days , not logged in for the last 2.  I have seen your hot rod around in my travels.
I know the forum gig gets stale but the fishing never stops, hope all is well. 

Peace & Tuna

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

14 Replies Related Threads

ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/09 20:17:48 (permalink)
    Yeah, this forum has gone a little quiet lately......
    hopefully it's because everyone is busy catchin' lunkers!!
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/09 20:33:00 (permalink)
    I've been working on it!, here's a decent one from about a week and a half ago.

Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/10 05:36:50 (permalink)
    That's what happens when you have a GIRLFRIEND.......no more fishin!!
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/10 08:54:43 (permalink)
    Ship:

Even worse when you have a girlfriend and a wife.

Eagle Ed
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/10 10:00:59 (permalink)
    Anyone call Him????? 

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/10 11:30:56 (permalink)
    That's what happens when you have a GIRLFRIEND.......no more fishin!!

DOH !!!!! LOL  
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/10 18:15:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Perch Inc.

Anyone call Him????? 

No but I seen his hot rod on monday. I think he was trolling for Tuna (sorry).

Maybe he is in love 

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    EagleCrg
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 160
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/10 21:03:59 (permalink)
    Even worse when you have a girlfriend and a wife.
    ORIGINAL: eagleed

You!!!! A girlfriend and a wife? Surely you jest!  Its hard to believe you found such a nice wife, but a girlfriend?  At your age?  You must be suffering from dementia.
    post edited by EagleCrg - 2009/06/10 21:07:34
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/10 21:43:59 (permalink)
    Fellas, fellas, fellas...

I am alive and well, and still fishing daily...  Just been offline a bit more than normal, and not really catching many big fish the past few weeks.  But I have been exploring plenty, and finding some here and there.  I've been tied up at work with a lot fo stuff, and preparing for the US Open down at Betpage next week...  As well as a two-week Colorado trip that starts as soon as I return from the Open.  Rest assured, I've got a five-day vacation tacked onto the front-end of my CO busines trip and will be fishing my face off back in my old stomping grounds on the Snake, Blue and South Platte.  Looking forward to getting back to the Rockies for awhile.

I got out with Ship of Fools one morning about two weeks ago and lucked into one small late-season Striper about 50ft from where Pech and his ruffian hooligan friends hang out in May:

I also got out on Brant Lake and Lake George two weeks ago and did well on the Bronzebacks.  We had to splash Matty's "new" boat.  Fished the North Basin around Rogers Rock, Hulett's/Glen Burnie, and found fish in just about every bay we fished.  That lake still gives up some nice smallmouth!

Fished the Indian last Friday afternoon with my buddy Eric and slayed rainbows all evening.  Not a single fish over 13", but probably at least 30 fish between us on dries... I don't think I took a single photo all evening, but while we caught a ton, none were really photo-worthy.  But we were actually planning on the Schroon- but it was still running super-high.  A short drive farther to the Indian put us on LOW water, but lots of fish. 

I hit the Alplaus for smallies last week after work, ended up with three little ones, but got to revisit one of my favorite holes that I haven't fished since High School in my Niskayuna days.  Reel Force might know this spot- it is right down the road from his town:

Fished the Poestenkill, Tassawassic Creek, Black River, and Owls Kill here in Rensselaer County last weekend to stay local and see what was up.  Got one tiny brown on the Poestie, and a smallmouth below the Cherry Plain State Park dam on the Black River.  Really nice little rivers around here I hadn't checked out yet.  Here is the Poestie:

But the small streams in Western Rensselaer didn't seem all that 'troutish', really.  Pretty warm, and I would assume more of a "put and take" situation than the Kinderhook which gets some reporoduction.  But that part of Rensselaer is gorgeous!  I stumbled across Cherry Plain State Park by accident- but had to stop in to check out the work of the ol' Civilian Conservation Corps who built the place.  Nice work.  Cool dam.

I also bought a remote-contolled sailboat at an Estate Sale last weekend, so that has kept me swilling peir and talking like a pirate a few nights after work when the wind is rocking:

Good ol' Santaman swung by this evening after work to drop off some firewood, and we got out on Snyders for about 90 minutes tonight.  Didn't set the world on fire, but he got two LMBs and I got a LMB and a Wally.  Some of you cats might remember this old face.  The king of spinnerbaits and creature-baits.

I hadn't seen him since September of last year.  He's been busy too!

My 5yr old nephew is coming to visit this weekend via a trainride from Syracuse.  We will fish like wildmen on Saturday, after we go to the Port of Albany, USS Slater, and all other stuff he wants to do.  He loves to fish after his success on Otsego Lake last summer.  It should be a good time, and he is really excited for a weekend with "Uncle Jim".  My sister in Syracuse, on the other hand, is terrified that I will be watching her kid.  Ha!

As for all the other rumblings on this post- no comment.   

Give me a ring, we'll fish! 

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/10 23:19:11 (permalink)
    Nice pics man, you have been very busy !
    Good to see Paul out too.

Let me know when you want to do lunch again Jimmy.

BB
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/11 15:59:56 (permalink)
    I might take you up on that fishing offer...lol
    my sister's coming back from collage this weekend, might need to seek refuge

btw is that a coleman crawdad in the last pic?
    post edited by blitz42 - 2009/06/11 17:49:36
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/11 23:32:30 (permalink)
    Yeah- its a Crawdad... 

Santaman's got a sweet set-up with a 2hp Johnson on the transom and a 27lb thrust electric motor on the bow. 

For a 110 acre lake it is pretty tough to beat.  I was impressed.  At my tourney last summer there were quite a few of those types cruising around and it was hilarious to see everyone 'peel out' from the dock to start the day.

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/13 11:14:12 (permalink)
    Jimmy, Hit the Poestenkill TODAY!!!!!!!       If you can!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: No Jimmy ? 2009/06/13 18:35:01 (permalink)
    Nice pics! hmmm radio controlled sail boat, wonder can you tie a line to it and troll a jig behind it? that would be interesting, lol
    Jump to: