Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2009/06/06 16:48:34 (permalink)

6/6 - more smallies

Smallies = Smiles

My buddy Todd and his daughter Chelsea joined me for some crazy smallies. We were off the water by 11:30am. Nothing real big but we managed about 2-Dozen smallies plus a few rockies. Used tubes,swimbaits,fluke.

We also watched an eagle for a bit perched in a tree pretty close, saw a 3' water snake crusing around, and man the carp were active today.

Weather was beautiful morning out there and we had lots of fun   !!

BB

4 Replies Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: 6/6 - more smallies 2009/06/06 17:00:47 (permalink)
    Hey Brian, Smallies are great fish. they fight hard right to the end. The smile says it all , much more than the fish.
    seems we are the only ones posting money shots lately. Any one else fishing or just camera shy ? 

This weekend I am tied down doing some much need house work that I have neglected. Starting on friday 6/12 I'll be knee deep in the ADK's (Wilmington)  for 10 days. If anyone wishes to get together and fish during the week (weekends booked) for trout give me a buzz. Home base will be Wilmington KOA but the fishing will range from Tupper to Keene.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: 6/6 - more smallies 2009/06/06 20:04:19 (permalink)
    Great smallies brian. love the fight they put up. good thing they dont have wings the way they jump or we'd never get 'em down! I been hampered with truck trouble, It started missing real bad cuttin out goin up hills and starting off at traffic lights but idled good so as it was getting gas while idling I dismissed the feul pump and changed filter, throttle sensor plugs wire distributor, rotor... shecked all othe sensors pulled apart the carb. yep, in the end it was the DAM feul pump, lol go figure. 
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: 6/6 - more smallies 2009/06/07 19:39:17 (permalink)
    looks real nice, i havent even bass fished this year!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: 6/6 - more smallies 2009/06/07 22:20:25 (permalink)
    Hey Brian, Smallies are great fish. they fight hard right to the end. The smile says it all , much more than the fish.
    seems we are the only ones posting money shots lately. Any one else fishing or just camera shy ? 

This weekend I am tied down doing some much need house work that I have neglected. Starting on friday 6/12 I'll be knee deep in the ADK's (Wilmington)  for 10 days. If anyone wishes to get together and fish during the week (weekends booked) for trout give me a buzz. Home base will be Wilmington KOA but the fishing will range from Tupper to Keene.

Yeah it felt good getting them out and putting them on fish, they had fun considering everything they have been through recently.

I hear ya on the house work stuff, after all those days off and doing nothing but Striper fishing i have a list LOL !
    Doing as much as i can during the week after work, a few hours every night. That way i still get in some weekend fishing.

Good luck up north next week !!

BB
    Jump to: