Mingo Pics and Story

Author
Nbobich
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 245
  • Reward points: 0
2009/06/01 00:26:18 (permalink)

Mingo Pics and Story

Went to Mingo today and did pretty good. We tried the first bridge I was surprised when we got there, there was about 15 fish still in the hole all of then seemed to be a decent size. My girlfriend started the day out with a nice brown that would have been her one and only though. The bite was slow in the morning but come noon things started to heat up the fish got very active almost hitting on everything and anything. I at least had 8 in 30 mins... So now it’s around 12:30 and this family comes along, 4 kids and a mom with a black lab. When they crossed the bridge 2 of the kids looked over and said "oh look there’s people fishing" So they had to of known there were people fishing and my girlfriend had a hot pink bobber. Anyways they go on the other side and sit on the picnic benches about five mins later they let the dog off the leash. The dog goes flying to the water to swim. This was about eh 20 feet up the stream so no big deal... Next thing you know one of the kids throws a ball right into the middle of the hole under the bridge and the dog came and jumped right in stirred up everything and spooked all the fish. I can’t believe the dog wasn’t hooked because of this it crossed over both my girlfriends and my line. I know these dogs love water so it not its fault but I can’t believe the family some people can be so rude. All the mom said was "we'll move" no sorry or anything but yeah about ten mins later I ended up catching 4 more which I was surprised. So I would say out of the 15 or so fish I saw me and my girlfriend caught 11 of them so all in all a pretty good day

4 Replies Related Threads

DaGman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 333
    RE: Mingo Pics and Story 2009/06/01 01:32:30 (permalink)
    Reminds me of a time me & my brother-in-law were up peters creek (well actually the upper end which is by another name) as it's up by saunders station road. Were fishing this nice deep hole, nobody bothering us & although the action wasn't intense, we were getting action & getting a few (mixed bag, trout,carp,suckers,etc) and theres a trail that goes through the woods on the other side that people walk through. Well this one knucklehead comes along walking his dog, a big lab at that, and he's off the lease of course, well the dog being a typical dog strays off the beaten path too far. Well before you know it, the dog realizes that the hillside is like a 90 degree drop straight down, well the dog can't stop itself & looses it's footing & comes sliding all the way down the hillside into the creek, thank god the creek held some decent water at this time, and the dog was alright other than being shook up. Well, the dog tried like hell to climb back up where she fell in at, and came close a cpl times, she then finally realizes that she can simply swim across & walk right outta the stream right where i'm fishing directly across from her, well she then realizes this & starts swimming towards me. For whatever reason i don't think she even realized i was there, as she got about 60-70% across the stream & seen me & starts barking & growling at me while shes still in the water, well she turns around & heads back to the steep-side of the stream where she fell in at & climbs back out & attempts again to try to get back up the steep hillside. Well wouldn't you know, after numerous attempts, she FINALLY suceeded & got back up the steep hillside & is running back upto the trail where she lost touch with her owner. You wonder what happened to her owner all along while this is all transpiring? well he kept walking down the trail through the woods & whistling & calling for the dog, but instead of waiting or even cautiously walking down the hillside even a tad, he just kept on going through the woods down towards the road & comes across the bridge that comes over the creek & into the woods down by where were fishing. You might say that that was the smart thing to do, but, in doing so he confused the hell outta the dog & the dog naturally kept trying to go back up the steep hillside where it last had contact with it's owner. Well once this was all over & the dog got back outta the creek eventually, it pretty much ruined the rest of the day fishingwise for us as that dog fell continually in the creek & swam like a lost otter up & down through our area. When the owner came walking down through the woods to where we were fishing, he asked my brother-in-law if he had seen his dog, and my brother-in-law said, "Yea, he ran back up in the woods at the top of the hill where YOU WERE AT". The guy just walks away, nevers says sorry or i apologize, etc, nothing. We both thought, what an**** We were just both glad that the dog wasn't hurt & did eventually get back out the water, man she was one tired****dog though lemme tell you, i only feel bad that she has a owner like she does.
    razmatazz05
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1856
    RE: Mingo Pics and Story 2009/06/01 09:23:45 (permalink)
    it's no worse than the ATV jagoffs all through peter's creek area...  i'd rather a dog on-knowingly wreck a fishing hole then a group of 4-wheelers knowingly muddy up a good portion of the stream.  calls to the SPPD have done nothing...

"Good Luck"

Thanks for the usage of your forum. My Money will not go to your tackle shop.
    DaGman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 333
    RE: Mingo Pics and Story 2009/06/01 10:22:03 (permalink)
    Raz, i agree with you, them atv'ers can be a real pain in the arse also, but the areas i fish on the stream they don't really bother me nor my spot "for the most part" but not that they have in the past.
    Nbobich
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 245
    RE: Mingo Pics and Story 2009/06/01 15:08:00 (permalink)
    Yeah I've fished Peters before and just last month I was fishing a hole not to far from the road and I hear dirt bikes coming down the railroad tracks maybe 4 or 5 of them. Long story short... They ended up crossing the stream 50 yards up then riding down right to where I was fishing they saw me then turned around and went back to the road. Now this is where they ticked me off. Where my car was parked theres like 4 big mud holes that seem to never go away so... I guess when they got to my car they decided to spray it with mud. When I got to my car it was covered in mud. I dont know why they did but it just makes me mad I gave them no reason to do what they did... I bet they were some TJ kids trying to be funny. I really hate my classmates.
    Jump to: