Last few trips ...

Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/23 11:57:08 (permalink)

Last few trips ...

Getting back into the swing of things since fishing took a back seat after my best friends wife passed away. Only 34yrs old and she wasn't sick or anything , just a freak thing, very sad !!! Just of reminder of how fragile life is , and to enjoy it to the fullest !!!!

We still managed to fish the Castleton Derby last weekend, we caught 3 Saturday (2 best were 14lbers) ... Sunday we boated 6 (2 best were 17lbers) , that got me 5th & Kevin 6th  Got our money back and had fun.
No pics because we were able to get them released right away after the weigh in.

Not bad since only 13 fish were weighed in Sat & only 8 on Sunday out of 120+ entries !!

Fast forward to this morning , just a short trip but we boated 2 early on. Still no problem with bait.
One was only 5lbs and this better one, 37" but on one hell of a fight !!

Todd lost a big girl a little later on, never saw it, just came unbottoned after a min but she was screamming drag. "The one that got away"

Just great to be out with the boys, the fish are still here, and i'm keeping the skunk away

BB
post edited by bassinbrian - 2009/05/23 11:59:22

3 Replies Related Threads

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Last few trips ... 2009/05/23 14:14:54 (permalink)
    WTG Brian-  9 out of the 21 fish caught in the derby?  You guys obviously have the striper gig down pat.  Condolences to your friend... my wife's two sisters went the same way...  life is indeed fragile.  
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Last few trips ... 2009/05/23 23:16:16 (permalink)
    All the best Brian...  Way to get after 'em, man!!!  I am hoping we can all cross paths and do some freshwater fishing in the next couple of weeks...  Things are really picking up!!!  Keep hammerin' those Stripers, Brother!!!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Last few trips ... 2009/05/24 06:06:04 (permalink)
    wow!! it's impressive how you consistently get into the Bigguns', keep up the good work!!

and secondly, sorry to hear about your loss. she was only 1 year older than me.
    definitely makes you stop and think for a minute,
    that's why we need to live in the moment and enjoy every moment we have.....and catch more fish!!
    Jump to: