Northern Allegheny Kennerdale to Oil City

Author
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/11 00:07:21 (permalink)

Northern Allegheny Kennerdale to Oil City

Fished Saturday and Sunday with good results. Caught many bass, a northern, and a walleye. Used stickbaits and jigs. Casted and trolled in 3 ft. to 18 ft. of water. Gold thunderstick with orange belly and brownish-green dots worked best. I tried the new Minn Kota Riptide with hand remote-Love It! Will be fishing the Allegheny in Pittsburgh through the week.   

4 Replies Related Threads

Don B
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 126
    RE: Northern Allegheny Kennerdale to Oil City 2009/05/11 08:35:07 (permalink)
    I LOVE fishing that area! It's such a haul for me from Pittsburgh though. I usually fish from Parker to just below Kennerdale most times I go up that way, mainly cuz it only takes about an hour from Pittsburgh to Parker.

Gasoline prices have been a big factor for me the past few years. I used to go to Oil City and Tionesta quite a bit. It's a 2 hour drive for me, and with a meal at Franklin Eat-n-Park, about a $100 trip last year(More with kids). Gas is a little cheaper now, but the same 2 hours can put me on Lake Erie hawgmouths and some pretty big walleyes, plus perch. The scenery sucks on Erie compared to the Middle Allegheny though! Away from the towns, it's just like you're there during Washington's trip!

I've been to Tionesta once already this year(April), and that's probably gonna be it for me until maybe they have the Indian ceremony week, which is a cool thing for the kids(I love it though!). Probably only go to Oil City maybe twice this year. I was also VERY disappointed that the country store on the way to Tionesta was closed still by late April, and I couldn't get my slab of smoked bacon. The lady who owned it, and the one in Tionesta, sold it, and it doesn't seem the same anymore.
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2215
    RE: Northern Allegheny Kennerdale to Oil City 2009/05/11 16:52:00 (permalink)
    Huge fan of Kennerdel area. Great fishing, great scenery. God's country.

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    ready2fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 787
    RE: Northern Allegheny Kennerdale to Oil City 2009/05/11 17:46:48 (permalink)
    I'm gald to live right in the middle of it!

It's KENNERDELL, lol.
    post edited by ready2fish - 2009/05/11 17:47:28
    nightowl207
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 567
    RE: Northern Allegheny Kennerdale to Oil City 2009/05/11 23:33:42 (permalink)
    There will be a house for sale there (in kennerdell) in couple more months. Beautiful area. Great fishing. Thanks for the report fathead.
    Jump to: