Author
FishinKid
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/08 12:01:53 (permalink)

tionesta Trout fishing

Hey all,
I'm gonna be fishing near tionesta pa opening weekend and was just wondering if anyone could recommend some places that might not be as crowded and what not but also wouldn't require the use of waders.  Its my first time fishing up here so I'm just looking to try and find a few spots to try.  Also any suggestions on what to use or any other info you could give me would be greatly appreciated!  you don't have to give detailed spots just general areas of different creeks and the like!  I'm not looking to get spoon feed everything!
Thanks,
    J.J.

4 Replies Related Threads

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: tionesta Trout fishing 2009/04/08 15:12:35 (permalink)
    When I was a kid that was where we went for the first few days of the season. It's been 25 years or more since I fished that water, but the first week it was hard to find decent water that wasn't crowded. The further from the road you walk the less people you will find. Tionesta creek is pretty big water as trout streams go but there are places you can bank fish. You might also try some of the smaller streams that run into it. Blue Jay and I think Sheriff we used to fish with some luck.
    mikelravy
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 163
    RE: tionesta Trout fishing 2009/04/08 15:31:31 (permalink)
    There isn't much real trout fishing right in Tionesta.  A short walk above Nebraska bridge might get you into uncrowded water.  Since the road runs right down Tionesta Creek it tends to be overfihsed.  The sand and gravel area behind the Downtown Motel has decent shore fishing sometimes for bass, walleyes, carp and muskies.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: tionesta Trout fishing 2009/04/09 14:23:09 (permalink)
    Pithole creek ( just outside of Tionesta ) was our "opener" destination for years. More than a hundred yards ( if that far ) from any bridge, the water opened up.  I haven't been there, in 30 years though.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    trigger
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 64
    RE: tionesta Trout fishing 2009/04/09 23:11:38 (permalink)
    I also think pithole creek is a good place to fish. I havent fished it in about 4 years. Good luck
    Jump to: