Author
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2215
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/22 11:54:30 (permalink)

fishing in warren, pa

Hi everyone,
I'm working next week at warren high school. Any recommendations on some places to fish? Goes without saying, but ill say it anyway, not looking for secret spots, just general recommendations. ANy special regs trout areas or some good smallie? I have a topo map too.... Thanks!

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

5 Replies Related Threads

rodbuilder1
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: fishing in warren, pa 2009/03/22 12:11:21 (permalink)
    Hi I think the river from the dam down to warren is special reg. C&R , but I would check the book first . In the past I did very good fishing the tails of the riffels around the islands . Good luck Ken
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    RE: fishing in warren, pa 2009/03/22 23:04:52 (permalink)
    If anyone from the area is fishing on tuesday evening. near the kinzua dam, I will be there fishing. I would certainly appreciate the company and the guidance. I will bring fly and spin gear.
    post edited by fisherofmen376 - 2009/03/22 23:42:19

H20Wolf
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 307
    RE: fishing in warren, pa 2009/03/23 14:58:05 (permalink)
    You may find some help from Red Childress of... http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com/index.shtml

He is mainly a musky guy but check out his site they catch some really nice pike and trout from the river too.  He shares alot of info so don't be afraid to post on the site.  Good luck... it's nice water up there!
    jolie
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 348
    RE: fishing in warren, pa 2009/03/23 19:30:22 (permalink)
    also besides the alleghany River TWers (from the dam breast to conewango creek confluence), which are open year round and hold a good trout population (Note* you can only harvest fish from first day of trout to labor day)

there is also; tionesta dam Twers (has a trout population), Kinzua creek SR area (20minutes away), and chapman dam (open for fishing and HARVEST until April 1).

chapman has been stocked repeatably over the winter with some nice fish. 

As for bass,hmm... now is a hard time to fish for bass IMHO.  the conewango river near North warren has some very nice bass... but the time to go for them is more like June 30 not late march.

walleye is out of season, but there's some pleasant fishing for marble eyes up at the dam tailwaters.  Another fishery that will be doing better in the early spring... Is pike.  Slack water and/or current eddys seem to be where they hold. 

Welcome to the county.  Let us know if you get some nice fish!
    Jason Oliphant
    Warren, PA
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    RE: fishing in warren, pa 2009/03/23 22:47:12 (permalink)
    thanks for the advice. ill post how i did in a few days. i wish i didn't have to work, and I could just fish all day! But I guess Im not the only one who feels that way!

Jump to: