panther hollow pond

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9691
  • Reward points: 0
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/23 15:01:48 (permalink)
Thanks Casts.  I just got around to reading this thread again.  Wasn't sure if I posted that question or thought about posting it...  Hope all is well in England.  Any good fishing there?
citycop4
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 85
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/24 01:37:22 (permalink)
Allright, I sat here reading all this, and just felt complied to respond!  I am a Officer with the city, and I do patrol this area. The pond in Schenley Park is called Westinghouse Pond. The pond area is not a "cocked ad locked area" as mentioned . The biggest crime I've encountered there are CMU/Pitt student studying the affects of ethanol. Yes it is the city so anything is "possible", The Pond was stocked by The Western PA Conservancy severeal years ago along with City Parks(catfish,panfish,bass,carp). About the fish. I can tell you that there are fish in there.They are most active at night when the park is closed,and the water cooler. Please do not go at night or you will be cited. I have seen fish with a spotlight while patroling around the pond. I personally would not waste my time there though,but if that's all you got then it is better than nothing. NOW about the post of goldfish in a pond. They are coi fish. The pond mentioned is across from CMU on E Cicuit Drive. This pond is off limits to fishing. I may give warnings but others will not.
Parking, there's no parking on Boundary St. by the railroad tracks. You may get tagged towed or both. The gate is the emergency access to the run soccer fields. Any other ?? I'd be glad to help.
vinnytobasco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 110
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/25 20:05:32 (permalink)
wow thanks alot citycop4
casts_by_fly
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 671
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/28 07:06:08 (permalink)
Hi Porktown,

Things are well here.  My shipment from the US with all of the furniture, gear, etc comes this saturday finally.  Since all of my fishing stuff is in it, I haven't gone out yet.  However there is a lot of fishing around here.  Much of it is pay lakes, though higher end with more variety than you'd find in the states.  There is some trout fishing locally (about an hour or so) but it is all day pass stuff.  I don't know of any free trout fishing.  There is some free fishing on the canals around for rough fish and perch (white perch).  We'll see once my stuff comes in.

Citycop,

thanks for the info.  I didn't know that it was no parking down at the turnaround.  I don't remember there being a sign when I was there, but that was a few years ago.  I guess the nearest parking would then be in the pay lot up the street or down at the soccer fields.

Thanks,
Rick
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/28 13:37:04 (permalink)
Whats the reason to be in England cast? my one cousin plays for new castle if you woud need anything I could have him get ahold of you there. now his brother is a heck of a fisherman and Im sure he can introduce you to alot of things over there as well. thats if your having a heck of a time not enjoying yourself there. personally I love it there.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella
casts_by_fly
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 671
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/28 14:55:08 (permalink)
work moved me. We are UK based and we have a big research facility here. They also really like people who move internationally since we develop products for the globe. So they pay a nice relocation bonus, they move all of your stuff, and they find you a place to live (and pay for the first 3 months of it). They make it very easy to move. Rachel and I have moved over here and we'll be here for a few years and move back.

I'm not too far from Newcastle. I'm in Hull which is on the same coast (east) and about 2-3 hours south depending how you drive. I'm probably 2/3 the way from London to New Castle.

What does your cousin play?
citycop4
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 85
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/28 20:41:10 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: casts_by_fly

Hi Porktown,

Things are well here.  My shipment from the US with all of the furniture, gear, etc comes this saturday finally.  Since all of my fishing stuff is in it, I haven't gone out yet.  However there is a lot of fishing around here.  Much of it is pay lakes, though higher end with more variety than you'd find in the states.  There is some trout fishing locally (about an hour or so) but it is all day pass stuff.  I don't know of any free trout fishing.  There is some free fishing on the canals around for rough fish and perch (white perch).  We'll see once my stuff comes in.

Citycop,

thanks for the info.  I didn't know that it was no parking down at the turnaround.  I don't remember there being a sign when I was there, but that was a few years ago.  I guess the nearest parking would then be in the pay lot up the street or down at the soccer fields.

Thanks,
Ri

A sign does not necessarily have to be posted. This is a road,and a driveway to the residence on the hill. Thus you would be in violation of blocking a roadway, and driveway. You can park on boundary in the dirt pull offs down from the Pitt lot(on right)I would not bother you there
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/28 23:41:14 (permalink)
he plays for new castle fc

-Steve Rinella
fruntz
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/29 10:21:20 (permalink)
This is interesting.
For one thing while you are there, try to go see some really good rugby games (they'll make you forget the pansy helmit wearing and pads up the wazoo football teams here).
when you get a chance after you have been fishing there for a while, pot some comparisons, especially on two subjects; carp fishing and costs to fish versus the PA license fee.

Carp fishing is supposed to be very big there from what I understand.  Direct some of you english carp fishing friends to pymatuming. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/PALINcarp.html

I blieve that it will be interesting to compare the cost to fish in merry old england to the good old USA.
thanks
fruntz
razmatazz05
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1856
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/29 17:05:33 (permalink)
kyler, whos your cousin?
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/29 17:26:53 (permalink)
Shay Given

-Steve Rinella
razmatazz05
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/29 19:12:40 (permalink)
you're f'n kidding me?  only the greatest Irish 'keeper ever!  that's awesome, is he recovered from injury?  i wish alex ferguson would have bought him for Manchester United in '99!!!
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/29 21:48:38 (permalink)
lol yea hes better still has a knock.  him and I argue I say he wouldnt ever of been able to fill those shoes left by the great dane in peter schemichael. actually no one has fill the position since man united 1999 treble winning season.  Shay hates the fact Im a manc lol. but bloods blood and your favorite club is your life! and mine is MANCHESTER UNITED!

poor start to this season tho.

-Steve Rinella
Marklu
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/30 11:24:41 (permalink)
Have you ever heard of Terry Bradshaw???  He happens to be my niece's, half-brother's, second cousin's, uncle's, brother's, friend. 

~SS
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/30 12:16:41 (permalink)
never heard of him

-Steve Rinella
pacarper
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 463
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/30 12:35:33 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: fruntz

when you get a chance after you have been fishing there for a while, pot some comparisons, especially on two subjects; carp fishing and costs to fish versus the PA license fee.

Carp fishing is supposed to be very big there from what I understand.  Direct some of you english carp fishing friends to pymatuming. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/PALINcarp.html

I blieve that it will be interesting to compare the cost to fish in merry old england to the good old USA.
thanks
fruntz

Carp fishing is a huge industry in the UK and in parts of Europe as well.  They probably have about a dozen different carp fishing magazines in the UK.  It's like bass fishing is here.
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/30 18:37:52 (permalink)
Same with brown trout fishing. Well all over the UK there are some of the best streams in the world for browns some of which are beauitful sea run browns. 

-Steve Rinella
CitySteelie
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/31 13:39:34 (permalink)
I've been fishing Schenley Parl lake since the earrrrrly 70's and a kid....make some dough ball with corn meal....add a splash of vanilla extract....go just before the sun comes up....#6 hook, folding chair and fish the middle to lower end to where the creek comes in and keep your eye on your rod.....

SmallieKiller
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/31 14:07:34 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: kyler16

Shay Given

That's pretty bad****  Shay is the man.  I'm more of an Arensal fan than New Castle, but I'm all for my Irish lads.
TransAmWS6
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 645
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/31 16:55:14 (permalink)
thats neat your cousin is shay given, but im a gunner 4 life

kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/08/31 17:27:02 (permalink)
ugh Id rather deal with gooners then chelski wanks

aresnal seems to have man united number of late.

-Steve Rinella
TransAmWS6
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 645
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/09/01 14:11:48 (permalink)
united looked weak today again
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/09/01 23:45:15 (permalink)
I have yet to see a match this season with me working the weekend 5am-5pm shift. But from what Ive read and talked to United are flat footed youd think with Tevez and nani theyd be ok with out rooney. oh well a Result is a result wether saha scored it or and own goal.

Come on you reds!

-Steve Rinella
razmatazz05
Pro Angler
RE: panther hollow pond 2007/09/03 22:41:17 (permalink)
haha, i love the football, ahem, soccer chat on the fishing boards.  but check out bigsoccer.com  it's pretty awesome, there's a million sweet links on there.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: