thoughts for artifical bait

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/08 10:57:54 (permalink)

thoughts for artifical bait

Was wondering about using this jarred berkley gulp powerbait for reservoir trout. I haved tried it on streams and really don't care for the stuff.. i have the chartruese in tiny marshmellow size and the bright orange in mini marshmello size .. well when i use my finger to try and roll em out they basically become mush-mellow of what ever size my finger rolling makes em. plus this stuff gets even gooier once wet on the hook, basically drips off  egg hooks , i had the idea of selling both jars almost 3/4 full on the tackle for sale thread for .50 cents a piece plus shipping and handling but i doubt it is worth it... now i was reading the ratings on this stuff agfter clicking on the berkley gulp powerbait banner and might just try tipping the barbs on my trolling lures. Anyone know if there is a way to stiffen up this powerdoe so it stays on the hook? perhaps i need to air dry the stuff? okay i'm outta here, too nice to zone out on a puter..later!

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take

3 Replies Related Threads

REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: thoughts for artifical bait 2009/03/10 20:12:09 (permalink)
    When I lived in Colorado years ago we only had the "Power Bait " version - It killed them out there in the  reservoirs ... but I used the preformed mini marshmallow size ... If your using the same don't roll them ... as far as stiffing them up the only thing I can suggest is leave the cover open for an hour at a time to let some of the moisture evaporate ... as far as dipping trebles in it - I'm not sure that would work out so well with pulling the lure through the water so much - I'd think ya would be dipping a lot ... as far as streams I didn't like it much but it seemed to be the ticket in ponds and reservoirs ... hope this helps .
    post edited by REEL FORCE - 2009/03/10 20:13:59
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: thoughts for artifical bait 2009/03/10 23:01:21 (permalink)
    Yeah Force, I guess the stuff has to work being it is still selling. I will try air drying too, both I had for three seasons and haven't bothered using much because when i have in the past I didn't have much luck with the stuff. I will keep it in my fishing pack and try it again this season. I know real mini marshmellows and nightcrawlers work! This stuff I have to dry a bit too.  Two weeks and counting!

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    Last Cast 69
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 127
    RE: thoughts for artifical bait 2009/03/18 06:59:43 (permalink)
    The larger trout will take medium shiners, but i also fish nightcrawlers and gulp corn.  Two more weeks....
    Jump to: