Idea for the board

Author
kevinupp
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 606
  • Reward points: 0
2007/07/13 10:56:59 (permalink)

Idea for the board

I wonder if Dan would be kind enough to set up an auction type of board for us to hold auctions for these types of things.

We have a few ideas being floated around about doing things for Terry and are starting to get a little confusing.

What I'm thinking of is a forum to put items that either, we as board members make or have extras of, and auction them off.

This could be put it some kind of a discretionary fund that you have a few TRUSTWORTHY members in charge of.

That way if we have a member in need we could put up items to be auctioned off to help those out.

There are plenty of members that I'm sure are willing to help out, but can't afford to send much or any money at all. This will give them a sense of helping out in some small way.

Here's what we do on one board I belong to.

If a member, or even a project needs done, we put up items up for auction totally dedicated to that person, or project. Each auction has a time limit and each item is listed individually.

The person who puts the item up for bid is generally incharge of the shipping costs.

You have one person incharge of collecting the money for all auction items up. That person will also be charged with telling the bidder they won and also telling the "shipper" when they have recieved the money and to ship the item out.

This person will be incharge of dispensing the money to where it is needed.

More than a million trees a year die to print environmentalist publications.

1 Reply Related Threads

T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Idea for the board 2007/07/13 15:24:47 (permalink)

"This could be put it some kind of a discretionary fund that you have a few TRUSTWORTHY members in charge of."

So, you want a Board for the board?

Nice idea, but does seem complicated. 
    Jump to: