Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/02/25 19:54:34 (permalink)

Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In

It's getting closer , stronger and the days are longer. Pretty soon things will bust wide open .Sorry Ice guys but it has been a good season . All the outdoor activities will come calling to forces of nature.

Stripers : Man I want like heck to target them hard again on the fly rod and kayak. I have had my share of dunking bait and pulling the giants up in my life and respect all who do and love that. But it is the challenge of a brute on the fly i will once again start my season with.

Turkeys:gobble, gobble, gobble.. back to the woods to hear those voices.. The best thing about spring turkeys is I get to spend some more time on my property and cast to trout in the afternoon..

Trout:
All trout.. steelhead, rainbows, brookies or browns. once the ice comes off the ADK ponds , I'll be living in the woods, yea really...

i sure hate to wish my life away but all this talk about spring ... I'm ready.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

7 Replies Related Threads

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In 2009/02/25 20:52:18 (permalink)
    Dude same thing here, not looking to wish away the next 30-60 days but i can't wait for open water fishing. EXSPECIALLY Stripers !!!!  

I do ice fishing so i don't get cabin fever, i could do without it !

Like the new avatar LOL
    ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In 2009/02/26 06:45:52 (permalink)
    i agree with brian,  ice fishing is a good cure for cabin fever, but for me i can't wait for the ice to be gone.
    as soon as the ice is gone i'll be goin out searching for my 20 lb catfish, then stripers, then pike on lake lonely, then bass anywhere there is bass.
    May is going to be a busy month.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In 2009/02/26 12:21:57 (permalink)
    I am right there with you.

One more weekend local on the ice...  Next weekend out on the Finger Lakes, and then I start looking under my boat cover and getting ready for ice-out pike and trout.

Sure, I will be chasing stripers again too.  I need to get a big one this year!

But I foresee many weekends in the North Country trolling planer boards in the ADKS for aggressive pike, or trolling streamers in the new lightweight canoe somewhere far and remote for shallow water brookies and 'bows.

Ice fishing has been a great distraction this winter, and kept me a lot happier than last year. 

But it just can't compare to a early summer's morning on my boat. 

Or my daily after-work "trolling sessions" on my lake with the Yankees on the radio and the sound of John Sterling yelling "YANKEES WIN....  T-H-H-H-E-E-E-E YANKESS WIN!"

I love that.
    post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2009/02/26 12:23:40

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In 2009/02/26 13:13:33 (permalink)

Figure the week of May 4th buddy ... i'll put you on a few

>>

But it just can't compare to a early summer's morning on my boat.  

Now that's funny Jimmy ... you said early LOL, Everybody knows you don't do early !!!

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In 2009/02/26 14:46:04 (permalink)
    I am actually REALLY good at 'early' as long as I don't go to bed the night before

I've pulled my share of 'all nighters' on the Starcraft on Saratoga Lake and many, many times up in Warren County on Lake Abanakee.

You help me with the Stripers and I will put you on some nice pike on the fly rod. 

When it comes to freshwater, there are few things I like more than watching a Northern come STREAKING out of the weeds to tackle a big 'bunny strip' near the surface.  It's incredible how fast they can move when motivated!

It can't compare with tarpon, of course, but it sure is a sight to behold! 

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In 2009/02/27 08:08:01 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy

Before you worry about a big one...........work on catching your first one!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Let The Sun Shine, Let The Sun Shine In 2009/02/27 11:08:53 (permalink)
    I like catching herring better anyway.

Five at a time, Bro... 

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2009/02/27 12:59:48

Jump to: