What to do?

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/25 20:03:09 (permalink)

What to do?

I seen a lot of posts lately about people leaving their trash on the ice as well as some other violations that could have an impact on everyone's enjoyment and really ticks me off. I wanted to make sure everyone knows what to do if they witness a violation. This is from the DEC website...

If you observe someone violating the Environmental Conservation Law, or see the result of a violation, report it! Poachers are not sportsmen - they are thieves. Those who pollute our air and water, and destroy our environment, are criminals.

You can help by reporting every Environmental Conservation Law violation seen or suspected:

When a violation is observed, keep a distance from the violator. Do not approach or attempt to confront the suspects. They may be dangerous, could destroy evidence, or simply evade the officers if forewarned.
Write everything down. Make notes on what the poachers or polluters are doing. How many people are involved?
What did they look like? Determine and record identifying features such as age, sex, height, weight, hair color, and any other marks, scars, or characteristics that would aid in identifying the person(s).
How were they dressed? Note the type and color of the suspect's hat, coat, trousers, and shoes or boots.
What kind of vehicle was involved? Jot down license numbers, color, make, model, year, and anything else to help authorities track down the violator.
How to Contact the Environmental Conservation Police
Call 1-877-457-5680 to contact Environmental Conservation Police Officers through DEC's dispatch system. Officers work out of their homes and patrol an area in most cases about the size of the county in which they are located.

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

1 Reply Related Threads

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: What to do? 2009/01/25 20:27:35 (permalink)
    When a violation is observed, keep a distance from the violator. Do not approach or attempt to confront the suspects. They may be dangerous, could destroy evidence, or simply evade the officers if forewarned.
    Write everything down. Make notes on what the poachers or polluters are doing. How many people are involved?
    What did they look like? Determine and record identifying features such as age, sex, height, weight, hair color, and any other marks, scars, or characteristics that would aid in identifying the person(s).
    How were they dressed? Note the type and color of the suspect's hat, coat, trousers, and shoes or boots.
    What kind of vehicle was involved? Jot down license numbers, color, make, model, year, and anything else to help authorities track down the violator.
    How to Contact the Environmental Conservation Police
    Call 1-877-457-5680 to contact Environmental Conservation Police Officers through DEC's dispatch system. Officers work out of their homes and patrol an area in most cases about the size of the county in which they are located

Good info Wisdom ... the whole confronting somebody else can always take a bad turn for yourself (and if you have kids with you not a good idea) there are a lot of nuts out there. Just not worth it !!

But yes , i would love to take the trash and stuff it down thier throat !!!!

I usually have extra plastic bags and just pick thier crap up.
    post edited by bassinbrian - 2009/01/25 20:28:05
    Jump to: