... so I tried something different

Author
griffon
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1104
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/13 09:39:18 (permalink)

... so I tried something different

I was at the bench the other day tying egg patterns.  Mostly I was tying Crystal M. I happened to come across some purple diamond braid in my assortment and decided... Why Not?  So I now have a half dozen purple CMs (nothing ventured nothing gained).  I really can't say that I have ever tried purple on anything other than my streamers and after using the search function that seems to be a universal concept.  Has anyone else used purple in their egg patterns?  If so, how did it work and under what conditions did you fare best?  I will certainly use them, but I would like to hear other's experiences.  Thanks,  Griffon.

3 Replies Related Threads

mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: ... so I tried something different 2009/01/13 10:51:54 (permalink)
    Believe it or not...Purple is a fantastic color when the streams are a bit murky!
    killdeer19
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 654
    RE: ... so I tried something different 2009/01/13 11:42:57 (permalink)
    I'm tied up a couple purple CM's and didn't do well in the low/clear conditions that seem to follow me to Erie. LOL Haven't tried them in the murkier waters.

Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    RE: ... so I tried something different 2009/01/13 12:08:23 (permalink)
    I tie a few paterns with purple in it for Steels, but not any eggs.  Not yet anyway.  I don't konw what it is, but purple has been a great color for me.  Even big #6 & #8 purple stones.  And especially Senyo's wiggle stone, black & purple.

edit:  I agree with Mikeg, green to murky conditions are best, or have been for me.

Here are two of my favorites:

And a newer one that I haven't tried yet on the tribs.  Ignore the fact that I stink at spinning deer hair.
    post edited by D-nymph - 2009/01/13 12:09:05
    Jump to: