Need Kevin and his knife yesterday.

Author
HookLineSinker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/11 09:59:40 (permalink)

Need Kevin and his knife yesterday.

Hit a local lake and started to put out the tip-ups. I couldn't even get all 5 in. They kept poppin'. Thought it'd be the perfect time to put them away and jig. I was fortunate enough to have sat over a large school of perch and limit out in a couple hours. Took a ridiculous time to filet them all. 

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.

9 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/11 11:02:16 (permalink)
    hook, i'll trade you some regional 2 pizza for those fillets?.. hey, just wondering, which putnam res. did you like most for panfish jigging.
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/11 15:35:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: backin79

hook, i'll trade you some regional 2 pizza for those fillets?.. hey, just wondering, which putnam res. did you like most for panfish jigging.

Panfish jigging? I'll have to go with Sodom (East Branch). I could put you on an exact location if you'd like. Bog's brook is great also, except that it rarely freezes enough. It's funny because it's right across the street from Sodom. Maybe because it's wide open in the wind, while sodom has the cover of some big hills.

And yes, I'll trade everything in my freezer for a large pizza from Maria's.

backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/11 18:19:39 (permalink)
    Hook, it looks like some artic weathers we haven't seen in years is heading our way according to meteorologists. I may get to those local spots I know well enough. Happy for Ed his eagles are looking good! Parks down here still closed for the most part but they may open this weekend with this freeze forecast. gl be safe and enjoy
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/11 20:02:04 (permalink)
    Backin:

Many thanks for your cudos on my Eagles dropping the defending Super Bowl Champs 23-11.  Was doing a girls USA Volleyball Tournament where most knew the Giants were winning 11-10.  I walked out to mid-court and made an announcement "Giants 11 (long pause with many people clapping) Eagles - 23 and they started booing and asking me to leave the gym.  Best day in a long time having fun with the fans.

Eagle Ed
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/11 20:38:16 (permalink)
    Ed, i'm for "may the best team win" Eagles played a good game with vikings and today victory against the giants, eagles dominated in the second 2nd half.  Hope they get to the super bowl. And most importantly, "MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN"
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/11 22:18:10 (permalink)
    HOOK, I can give you leasons any DAY!!! It's not too hard!!! LOL Try doing some bluegills!!! eagleed, Way to GO on beating my(our) Gaints!!! GOOD LUCK with Cards!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/12 10:01:59 (permalink)
    Backin:

That wasn't you and your buddies out on Greenwood Lake that was shown on Yahoo was it???  I figured by now the lakes down your way would be pretty safe.  We won't have any problems after the weather for the next three days, as we will be lucky to see 15 degrees during the day.  Biggest problem is the deep snow you have to walk through in getting to the good fishing.  The howling winds have not helped either.
    I agree with your comment:  May the best teams win, as long as it's the Eagles.  My Giant's fan neighbor was so upset that he took my morning newspaper on his way to work, but didn't know I was up early enough to see him do it.

Eagle Ed
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/12 19:51:30 (permalink)
    Yes, cudos to the Eagles. I am hoping that the Cardinals give them a good fight. Don't really care who wins, just want a good game.

Follow up: went to the same lake today. Slightly different spot, hoping for some bigger perch, but to no avail. Wound up bringing home a just 13 this time with about the same amount of dinks back down the hole. Also got a bunch of annoying bass early on.

I'll be working midnights during this deep freeze. May have to wear more than my usual uniform to stave off hypothermia.

backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Need Kevin and his knife yesterday. 2009/01/12 22:57:32 (permalink)
    Ed, I called sterling forest and palisades and still most the good ones are red flagged. I'm going to say there is enough ice by this weekend. No as to greenwood lk. .. although I enjoyed huge pickerel/bass even trout and lots of perch/crappie .. i like cleaner waters. I want a perch fry soon. I'm with hook in that all i want is a good game ,especially superbowl! Hook you can youtube on filleting fish.. check out the one on pike! .. i tried filleting pickerel, i rather fillet and grind a pickerel because too many bones.. Perch are a zip with a small blade electric fish filleting knife. I bought a cordless one on sale at ganders for 24.00 last summer.. has a slim blade design and i rather use this than a manual fillet knife for a bucket of fish. Yeah, I 'll be out sometime this week somewhere close.
    Jump to: