Lake Monsters

Author
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
  • Reward points: 0
2007/06/14 23:40:39 (permalink)

Lake Monsters

Anyone have any lake monster stories? I know Lake Champ. has a big tourist industry promoted around Champ. I have never heard of any on the other Great Lakes. One of those things I think about from time to time. Like what would you do if...?
I'm not saying the things are real, or not. One likes to think they could be...

Lyrical

2 Replies Related Threads

King Davy
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 27
    RE: Lake Monsters 2007/06/15 07:54:51 (permalink)
    I don't have any lake monsters...but i do have a ghost Ship Story. I ran a charter boat out on lake Ontario from 1980 till about 1999. Can't remember which year it was.....but some time in the 90's...i was out in a pretty dense fog with a party.....I mean this fog was thick...where you could only see for about 30 or 40 yards But it was one of those fogs that would lift and settle back in.

So we are fishing along....and off to my starbord side...I see a full twin mast Sailing vessel. All the riggings up, and just rocking along but really no wind in her sheets...I could not make out a soul on deck.....it was at that time the fog would lift....and settle back in....when it would lift off the water....you could see this ship clear as day....nobody at the helm....so I locked that spot in on the Loran and swung back through there with in a couple minutes....and she was GONE......

OK...she could have doubled back behind me....but then the fog lifted so you could see a good mile in all directions...and that ship was now where to be seen......wasn't 10 minutes from when I came upon her.....the folks on board got REAL quiet.....
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Lake Monsters 2007/06/17 18:33:52 (permalink)
    Thats a great stort KD. You should submit it to the History Channel for one of the ghost ship shows. Wish I could see that. Was it a modern type sailer, or like an old time Schooner? I don't know much about boats, or fishing for that matter. LOL

Lyrical
    Jump to: