Back To The Salt Mine

Author
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
  • Reward points: 0
2007/06/14 23:21:28 (permalink)

Back To The Salt Mine

After over 8 months and two surgerys I finally got the ok to return to work!
This is wonderful news to me, as it wouldn't have been long before the fishing stuff would have been on ebay to pay the rent and feed the little ones. I bought most of my fishing gear while I was single and had money to burn. Kids are the greatest, but I sure am glad I didn't need to sell any gear!

Lyrical

5 Replies Related Threads

eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Back To The Salt Mine 2007/06/17 11:51:32 (permalink)
        Salmo:

We too are glad that you are back.  I bought most of my fishing stuff when     I was younger and single.  After getting married and things got tough I was
       tempted to sell off some of my fishing gear.  However, the sale of my first     child (just kidding) helped me save my fishng gear.
       Just think - in another 30-40 yrs you will be retired like me and you    
       can start buying fishing gear again.  Also, if your kids do well they     
       can buy your fishing gear for you!
       Have a great Father's Day and welcome back!

Eagle Ed
    post edited by eagleed - 2007/06/17 11:52:30
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: Back To The Salt Mine 2007/06/17 18:59:53 (permalink)
    Thanks Ed. I hope you're having a good one as well.
    Can't wait to get back to work and melt some of the extra pounds this inactivity has brought on. I've got my boots out and ready to go!
    I have started fishing again. I have limmited myself to casting to a rising Trout so I won't over do it. Since this is my method of choice on my home waters at this time of year it is no differant than usual.
    As for retiring I had thought about being a guide a few days a week and making the wife work. Reality set in however when I realized guiding wouldn't involve me fishing. Too much torment for me to be close to water and not fish it. I'd rather go make the big $. I enjoy the glass plant and the guys I work with.
    Take care of yourself and check in often,
    John
    post edited by salmotrutta - 2007/06/17 19:02:45

Lyrical
    steelie starter
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: Back To The Salt Mine 2007/06/18 19:34:02 (permalink)
    Salmo,her'es a challenge and thought!!You be looking for that big cow brown..Seems to me you have access to a kayak or something like that..Okay,you launch it at the last spot below the DSR,and you flyfish the meadow and its drains leading back into the lake..Betcha some big browns sneak up in there to hit on everything they can catch...just a thought..frank...did it on Long Island for sea runs up to 12 lbs
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Back To The Salt Mine 2007/06/18 20:14:15 (permalink)
    easiest thing is to launch at the rt.3 bridge (angler acess)
    you'll find some nice pike & bass there now with the ocasional brown trout
    that is until the kings show up
    just be sure to maintain the property owners rights if you decide to exit your vehicle
    DSR property extends to the island above rt.3

P.S.
    congrats. on the return to the salt mine , i think(lol)
    for sure on the recovery.
    post edited by hot tuna - 2007/06/18 20:16:25

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: Back To The Salt Mine 2007/06/18 23:55:01 (permalink)
    Tuna- I think that's our departure point if it goes down. I want to fish that estuary bad for some reason.

SS- I have fished DSR only a few times and I always fish down in that direction. Less people and nice water. I will check that spot out next time up if I can. You would be correct I think about Big Browns Lurking there.
    I always fish down that way thinking "If I were a Monster Brown..."

BTW work went well. I had visitors all day long. Great bunch of guys there.
    Work isn't such a bad place if you have that.

Lyrical
    Jump to: