ROCKS make bad bait

Author
sixers
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 112
  • Reward points: 0
2008/11/02 09:05:42 (permalink)

ROCKS make bad bait

Got out before daylight and hit a usually nice hole on the upper Connie in Ohio off Route 7.

My buddy and I must have irritated some who came a little late because as we were fishing in the dark, 3 big rocks came into the water from above the bridge.  My buddy has a  heart condition and I really feel obligated to watch out for him so I let the event pass by even though I think I saw who did it.  I was not concerned about being hit. There were 3 of them, 2 teenagers and a guy in his 30's.  What they wear ( waders and gear) sticks out, so in the future, so when I see them again, with more reliable backup, a candid discussion about the use of rocks for steelhead bait will take place.

Mentioned the event to two former YSU football players  whom  sometimes fish with me.  They said that they would have chased after them even though they were on the bridge.

I have been fishing for steelhead on the Connie for 15 years and this is the first time that fisherman have ever thrown rocks at me. I guess it is time to start carrying a cell phone with speed dials set for game wardens, law enforcement and friends.

2 Replies Related Threads

MikeThePike
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 64
    RE: ROCKS make bad bait 2008/11/02 09:21:20 (permalink)
    That sucks. Some people are just a-holes and don't like the fact that they decided to sleep in and someone was in "their" spot because of it.

Can't speak for steelies but I've caught 2 browns out here in NEPA that had rocks in their stomachs   Still trying to figure out how a 16" brown swallows a rock the size of a golf ball
    Kokanee Killer
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1015
    RE: ROCKS make bad bait 2008/11/02 10:39:37 (permalink)
    that really sucks sometimes i wonder if it is better to stay home and fish familar waters than to encounter self centered in bred uneducated toothless dog beating me generation people this country really needs to wake up, especially the youth..just my 2 cents

I have become comfortably numb
    Jump to: