2008/10/25 12:19:31 (permalink)

Fishing Reports Page

post edited by washdog - 2008/10/25 16:09:13

17 Replies Related Threads

Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/25 12:30:04 (permalink)
    yeah....what he said. LMFAO! Maybe we can get the WCO to police the reports page for you. It's the INTERNET, people are going to write what they want, where they want, when they want. Your little rant is as unimportant as the misuse of the reports page. If you find it that upsetting, here is an idea.......don't read it. Maybe you should go fishing instead. Or are there too many snaggers, and guys, and no room on the creeks? I wanted to fish today but my nose was runny and my socks were too loose.
    Get ahold of yourself man!
    post edited by Mr.Slickfish - 2008/10/25 12:31:13

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    dru2112
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2265
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/25 12:40:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: washdog

This is regarding all the Law abiding Sportsman who use the Fishing Reports Page to pass judgement on everyone.
    It is pretty self explanatory " Fishing Reports Only". But on a daily basis two or three of you use this arena to complain about somebody elses fishing techniques or the fact that someone had the nerve to keep there limit of fish which is there legal right. You are all pathetic, It's not your place to patrol the banks of the streams and tell people what you think. We have Fish Commissioners who are paid to do so not you.
    To all of you , Have you ever looked at yourself ? And what might offend others about you. Did you ever stop for one second and wonder who's property you are parading thru or fishing on ? didyou ever think that using line so small just to get hook ups even tho you know there is no way you will  be able to land a fish of this size on it is only creating a bunch of pollution in the streams, and leaving the fish you choose to feel you are protecting full of hooks and jigs and line. See for me I would fish all day to land one fish on gear that is large enough to do so, rather than have 30 breakoffs. But that is my choice and others have there choice as well.
    So to peck- and the others wining on here all the time, The Fishing Reports Page is just for reports and If you didn't ask permission alot of places,even though not posted you are on someones property without there permission, and everytime you have a breakoff because you had to use 2lb. test to get a fish to hit you are polluting our streams and the list goes on and on. Stop and think about what you do when you are there maybe someone should do some explaining to you as well.
    How about we all just try to enjoy ourselves , give honest reports without tooting your horn and leave the rule enforcement to those who get paid to do it. If sombody is bothering you that much and breaking the rules move your location, and at that point ask yourself if there is anything that you did today that might not sit so well with the guy beside you, or might not be technically legal.     Good Luck Guys.

what?
    washdog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 408
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/25 15:34:34 (permalink)
    Mr. Slick Fish...    LMB,    Let me shorten the rant,  Put fish reports on the reports page, put other concerns or topics of discussion on this page,  Very Simple,    Dont judge unless you want to be judged too.  Fish anyway you want, what ever makes you happy, fairhook em, snag em, jump in and grab em like Jerimiah Johnson if you want, Thats your buisness not anybody elses, If you get caught doing something wrong you pay,  Period.  Some of us just want to get good fishing reports on the reports page and not have to sift daily thru everybody's  bull s*#@.   That's why we signed up, to help each other out.
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2534
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/25 15:43:18 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: anadromous

.We watched him get fair takes not "lifts" and I must say I was impressed with his diligence to the technigue
      i witnessed nothing about the jigging that was questionable...
    Sometimes success brings scrutiny and a clouded,jaded view by some observers speculating on the event itself.

and dats-a-fac-jack!

I didn't read the report, but saw  another duud's post in reference to it.
    i didn't care enough about some duud's accusation to look at the orginal post.

anywhooooo, there are all kinds of tactics that are legal that some might question.

Ever seen a duud slow drift a fly right into a steelies mouth?
    I'm not talking about "lining" a fish, I'm talking about drifting it right to their lips.
    Sometimes they'll open their mouth and take it, where if the fly was 4 inches left, right, up or down, they would disregard it

if you weren't right over that duud's shoulder to see the fish open it's mouth, you'd swear he was lining.

i watched a duud pester a single lone steelie in the tail out of a gin clear pool on the Nut a few years ago.
    He continally flipped his junk at the fish.
    Til it finally drifted thru to the "bullseye" spot.
    That fish opened it's mouth and he he had a fair hooked fish on.

i was above him on top the bank and saw it pefectly.
    I suspect anyone on the creek  more than few feet from him would accuse the duud of lining/lifting

we can debate whether "force feeding" a fish is good sport or not, but by deffinition that's a legal caught fish IMO

..L.T.A.

Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/25 16:56:20 (permalink)
    washdog,
      It's true that only reports should go on the reports page. However, the b.s. happens all year, just worse this time of year. Just bustin' your b*lls.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    washdog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 408
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/25 17:28:11 (permalink)
    Slickfish...    I know, thats cool and I guess I was just bustin somebody else's .  Hope you have a good season on the tribs.
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1887
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/27 17:01:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: anadromous

Somewhere in there is a point to be made. The board is a forum for concerns and questions and the reports are for fishing reports. Pretty easy. I would like to comment on a subject however that I read on the "reports" page. It claimed that a man was lipping fish with a white jig. Now this could be absolutly true... the man may have been lifting fish but i will say this. While at the one fly my partner and I walked down to the Elk access to observe the fisherman a bit. One fellow was using a  13 foot noodle rod and tossing a jig from high on the rocks, yes he could see the black mass of suspended fish and yes he was putting the jig in their faces but to his credit he would jig the white marabou jig up and down with an erratic rod shake and it drove the fish nutty...We watched him get fair takes not "lifts" and I must say I was impressed with his diligence to the technigue as well as its effectivness. I wanted to try it myself.  i witnessed nothing about the jigging that was questionable...just highly effective in the barely moving clearwater of the access. Sometimes success brings scrutiny and a clouded,jaded view by some observers speculating on the event itself. Could envy play a part on our perception sometimes?  I think so...

Yeah, it's very effective in clear water. I'm glad someone has a clue.

I was away all week or I would have responded to the morons whining on the reports page.  The 50 fish guy from zelie was my brother, loudmouth Frank.  I'll guarantee you he was not snagging those fish.  Yeah, he's trout fished 200 to 300 days a year so he can learn to snag stocked overgrown rainbows in front of skein/powerbait chuckers so he can impress them,  Flippin' morons.   Most days all you'd have to do is ask him and he'd show you how to fish with something other than that gob of skank.

LMAO, I had 4 phone calls the other day from guys I know making fun of these idiots who thought he was snagging, they all called and said, "hey, wait until you read the reports page, the clueless think your brother's a snagger".  

I'm not saying there aren't snaggers using jigs, you just better watch who you're accussing, that's all. The reason he was waiting for the wind to quit blowing was so he could see  the take, and to keep from foul hooking them. If you blind fish a jig over a large pod of fish like that, THAT IS WHEN YOU'LL FOUL HOOK THEM, YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO KEEP THE JIG ABOVE THE FISH, OR IN A LANE UPSTREAM OF THEM, OR YOU'LL****HOOK THEM, GET IT. You'll also miss allot of strikes that you won't feel if you can't see it, do to the slack in the line caused by the twitching action. Yeah, they'll work under a float, but not as effectively in the clear water.

Sorry for the rant, it annoys me when guys who don't know jack try to pass themselves off as someone who does.  

P.S.  the term the genius was looking for was LIFTING, not LIPPING
    post edited by Stillhead - 2008/10/27 18:13:17
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/27 17:28:08 (permalink)
    Yep, everybody knows loudmouth frank
    Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/27 17:29:44 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Stillhead

Yep, everybody knows loudmouth frank
      Sorta like Eggsac  Hear him and you know it  LOL   Usually when I hear Eggy I RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Ok Eggy calm down its a Joke 

joedirt
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/28 08:25:02 (permalink)
    if we were all same it would be a boring world.

"Life is a garden, Dig It"
    wvsteelrdie
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 77
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/28 09:10:33 (permalink)
    the eratic rod shake sounds similar to a technique used on stocked trout with a trout magnet. looks very odd but truly will make a trout bite aggressively. also sometimes steel are not in a feeding mood ,but will take an easy bite. if you hit the "bullseye" they will most likely take the oppertunity, or run and dodge.  
    steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/28 21:08:37 (permalink)
    Ive fished by him several times and never seen him line a fish.
    post edited by steelydaze - 2008/10/28 21:31:31

She had bad body odor but boy could she sure skin a salmon!
    "Trust but verify" R.R.
    WetWilly
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/28 21:58:43 (permalink)
    Hey steelydaze, you better just loosen up your drag there fella!
    flyfishermanPA
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1495
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/28 22:10:07 (permalink)
    stillhead, you guys have any ties w/Eugene @ Carlsons Bait & Tackle? Thought I saw Frank and him slamming fish at Hereford last Fall from a boat..
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/29 08:35:55 (permalink)
    No connections with him other than we know him from going into the shop. Not sure if that's who you saw or not. Could have been, Frank will take anyone out in his boat crazy enough to get in it with him, just so he has someone to talk to. Enter at your own risk and don't believe anything unless you see it, especially about me!!!
    post edited by Stillhead - 2008/10/29 08:36:52
    steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/29 11:39:13 (permalink)
    I thought that was u. What can i say i like da quick release, dont have to get my hands wet.

She had bad body odor but boy could she sure skin a salmon!
    "Trust but verify" R.R.
    rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2146
    RE: Fishing Reports Page 2008/10/29 13:03:09 (permalink)
    I always like it when I run into Frank.He enjoys the HELL out of steelhead fishing. If you're not hookin up, he'll share his knowledge with ya. I seen guys get p***ed off fishin around him. He's gets into them so good sometimes that people think he MUST be doing something wrong [illegal].

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    Jump to: