Transducer question?

Author
quills
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/29 22:54:48 (permalink)

Transducer question?

I'm having a problem with my fish finder. My transducer is mounted on the transom, but i'm getting noise from the prop. I mounted it according to the instructions. My main question is what kind of finders are you using? I'm using an eagle finder and have a mercury outboard on the boat. Thanks for any help.

6 Replies Related Threads

*commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: Transducer question? 2007/05/29 22:59:42 (permalink)
    if you hook it up to its own battery it will be fine. cheaper units due not suppress the noise.
    mr.fisherman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: Transducer question? 2007/05/29 23:31:36 (permalink)
    You know all about being cheap huh?

ORIGINAL: *commander*

if you hook it up to its own battery it will be fine. cheaper units due not suppress the noise.
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Transducer question? 2007/05/30 00:57:30 (permalink)
    Hook the wires directly to the battery and rout them away from other wires.

Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: Transducer question? 2007/05/30 10:54:45 (permalink)
    which side of the boat did you mount it on?  A transom trandsducer should always be mounted on the starboard side (right side) your prop rotates clockwise this pushes the water to your port side and if the ducer is mounted there it tends to pick up noise.  Be sure you didnt mount it in the way of any chines in the hull that may cause noise as well.

Did the unit come with the small magnets that go around the transducer wire to supress noise?  If not might want to look into them if you have it mounted correctly.

As long as the unit is getting its recomended voltage it should not matter how it is hooked up (although it is best to hook up your electronics directly to the battery)...

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: Transducer question? 2007/05/30 14:58:26 (permalink)
    awwww ms.fish, i can tell your feelings are hurt. dont take things so personally.
    saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 565
    RE: Transducer question? 2007/05/30 19:51:14 (permalink)
    When you say noise are you talking about clutter on the screen that may be caused from the prop and air bubbles. If it's from that you're need to try and relocate it or the sensitivity will need to be adjusted at the unit. If its elec. noise try a filter, from a place that does electronic equipment.
    Tom
    ORIGINAL: quills

I'm having a problem with my fish finder. My transducer is mounted on the transom, but i'm getting noise from the prop. I mounted it according to the instructions. My main question is what kind of finders are you using? I'm using an eagle finder and have a mercury outboard on the boat. Thanks for any help.
    Jump to: