Two fishing buddies I would like to honor.

Author
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/28 00:38:58 (permalink)

Two fishing buddies I would like to honor.

My Mom, my big brother, and I went to Dad's cemetary today to tidy up his plot and plant some fresh flowers.  We ended up cleaning up and planting flowers for 5 other veterans who's plots were neglected and in need of proper care and honor.  We had a pleasant surprise when Mom gasped at seeing one only 5 spaces away from Dad's.  "That's your Father's fishing buddy, Paul."  I remember them bringing buckets of perch out to the house and cutting them up together.  Sometimes they would show up empty-handed.  They also spent time throwing spoons to coho and pike.  They would also bring home an occasional walleye, which was like candy to my Dad.  What a great surprise to see the old friends situated so closely for eternity.  Ever since the last of my Father's brothers passed, I've said that they are up in heaven, sitting on the row-boat they made together as teenagers, fishing.  Now, I know that they've got a good friend along, as well.

2 Replies Related Threads

Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: Two fishing buddies I would like to honor. 2007/05/28 11:23:50 (permalink)
    Dude  You really know how to bring a tear to a guys eyes..

My Father was a korean vet also

He passed around the same time your Dad did

Thanks for taking care of the other Vets out there

tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: Two fishing buddies I would like to honor. 2007/05/28 22:35:31 (permalink)
    November must be a bad month for vets, my grand pop died a few Novembers ago. He was a WWII vet.

Nice post TT.

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    Jump to: